The Mimic Menace - Oohnorak Revamp (BBC #69 Entry)

joev14

"Oohnorak can imitate the voices of those you trust, stolen from your very thoughts."

— Kualus, Vengeance of the Visorak

This MOC was going to proceed the rest of my 2004 Revamps, but with the contest coming up, I wanted this to be my entry. First and foremost, this is meant to be just what it says, a revamp. Please give feedback as though it weren't a contest entry, that's just an added bonus. :P

A few notes about this MOC. I wanted to completely recreate the body of the MOC, still to scale with the original, the legs are a little bit longer, but otherwise, it's nearly the same size. Although the ripcord only fits in halfway, if pulled hard enough, it can still launch the spinner a reasonable distance. And of course, my favorite part of the MOC, the thread, so you can hang it from your sister's ceiling and scare the living Mata Nui out of her. :D

Please upvote and comment!

img_0922edit.jpg

Front

img_0928edit.jpg

Back

img_0929edit.jpg

Side

img_0930edit.jpg

img_0931edit.jpg

Bottom

img_0937edit.jpg

Face

img_0940edit.jpg

New and Old Comparison

img_0936edit.jpg

Ripcord

img_0932edit2.jpg

Thread

img_0917edit.jpg

The Mimic Menace vs... KITTY!

Once again, please comment and upvote! Thanks!

EDIT: In response to everyone who keeps stating again and again that it needs to be CCBS, there is absolutely nowhere where it says that it needs to be CCBS. I can design this MOC using any parts I want, and I chose not to use any CCBS parts.

Edited by joev14
  • Upvote 15

Ah, a very nice MOC indeed. This time not just for color(Black :D) But because you managed to add in the function of the original, and a unique non-geared function at that. Not quite sure how it would fit in 2015 design, but that is just me for ya. I am expecting to see CCBS related builds or see at the very lease some form of their use in a build for this gen. In the Case of LoSS where it is built with Technic parts to build the bulk of it's body however the limbs and back are CCBS and carry over the armor shells as well.

Just my 2cents...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Nice work! You've captured the essence of the Oohnorak very well, and it all looks spot-on! I do have one main gripe, though: the back legs seem a little underwhelming. All the Visorak sets had shorter front legs and bigger back legs, but here, the back legs have a lot less substance. 

The inclusion of the rhotuka function is great, though! :D

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I've got to say, this is rather awesome. I mean the fact you came up with a completely custom body for it, yet that body still pays proper homage to the original is awesome. Though on that same note I like how you kept that one long piece in the actual build.. The one the shell connects to, I didn't actually notice it at first until I looked again.

Though to me the eyes seem almost like crab eyes instead of oohnorak's original eyes, so that's a downside for me. Also that single disk like piece on the bottom just seem really out of place.

However from a contest point of view, I can't really say it fits the theme. The contest is more than just revamping, but revamping towards a specific style. You took a simple set and made it overly complex. And the new style isn't exactly known for being 'complex'. 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

This is awesome, I've never been a fan of the Visorak style, but in this bulkier, more substantial form you can definitely feel the menace and really see this guy as a threat.

I love the complexity in the design, especially in the torso-- you've managed to mimic the shape and style of the original Visorak body without just using the single big shell, and you've done so in a well-integrated, sleek, and distinctively Bionicle feel.

I do have to agree with a few other commenters in that I don't totally see it as a 2015-style Visorak, just because of the lack of CCBS pieces; it seems to tend more towards the older Technic style.  Comparing it to LOSS, though, I can definitely see some similarities, especially with the torso and the functionality in it, and I don't think using older leg pieces instead of the new ones used by LOSS is necessarily a bad thing.  It seems to me that this MOC sort of falls into the intersection of the old and new styles, not really resembling one or the other overmuch, but certainly looking very cool.

8NHf8fu.png

Everything is some kind of a plot, man.

This is a fantastic moc with a great Visorak-look despite the fact that almost everything is custom-built. The body design is extremely creative and effective in conveying the original concept accurately. However, as others have said, this doesn't really hit the necessary requirements for the contest -I was honestly expecting to see some CCBS and I was pretty disappointed to see no trace of it. Regardless, really well-designed MoC with great play functions (like the thread, wow!). :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

The other one is better,

I'm not sure what you mean.

I think he means the other entry of the same character. Either way, its sorta blunt and rude. Some constructive criticism would've been nice.

Anyway, I mentioned to you before, you have a nice design here. Its cool to see the use of different parts then the original, but still have the same functions, and look.

On the critical side, the eyes are a bit off-putting to me. they seem very beady, which isn't a bad thing, but it makes it come off more cute then menacing...but the person sitting next to me says he actually likes the eyes, so obviously, thats my own personal opinion. 

In addition, they have all said it, but the lack of CCBS pieces does not help it in the theme catagory...that withstanding, its a very solid revamp.

-SK

• Upvote 1

pohatu_like_a_boss.gif

In response to everyone who keeps stating again and again that it needs to be CCBS, there is absolutely nowhere where it says that it needs to be CCBS. I can design this MOC using any parts I want, and I chose not to use any CCBS parts.

In response to everyone who keeps stating again and again that it needs to be CCBS, there is absolutely nowhere where it says that it needs to be CCBS. I can design this MOC using any parts I want, and I chose not to use any CCBS parts.

I don't think anyone meant it absolutely "has" to be made from CCBS, rather I think that they meant it should have been, due to the theme of the contest, but you are right, you built it the way you wanted, and it still came out really well. Best of luck in the contest.

bzpsig.jpg

Wow, this revamp looks really neat! Though some might argue that it doesn't fully fit in the theme or the contest, as just a revamp this looks fantastic! My favorite part is the head! :) Good luck in the contest!

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

A superb MOC indeed, great work with the head there. However, it does not fit with the theme of the contest. Judging from your other MOCs, it looks like you're scarce on CCBS pieces, or perhaps you prefer not to use them. If it is that way, may I ask why?

Edited by Millennium

• 2 weeks later...

A superb MOC indeed, great work with the head there. However, it does not fit with the theme of the contest. Judging from your other MOCs, it looks like you're scarce on CCBS pieces, or perhaps you prefer not to use them. If it is that way, may I ask why?

I feel as though most standard CCBS pieces are limiting. I don't even fully prefer the original Bionicle parts. I love collecting Bionicle sets, but when MOCing, I prefer intricate technic above all else. I also don't have very many CCBS sets aside from the new Bionicle sets.

Edited by joev14