BBC #69: Nuhvok

thumbnail.png

Entry Pic

Back View

Comparison with Gen. 1 Counterpart

So, Here's my entry for the first BBC I'm participating in. Little backstory around this MOC is that I initially built this before the contest begun, but then Remastered it with 2015 parts to make it look more crystalline and more like a Bohrok. Sadly, It features no Curling-into-a-ball function. Hope you like!

• Upvote 12

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

This...this is leaving me speechless to be honest. 

You've got yourself a very interesting MOC, and in a good way. I love how you've managed to capture the Bohrok's squat form and founded faces using the CCBS. I also like how it has a unique and distinguished look, however it still maintains a resemblance to the original Bohrok. 

The bright blue highlights look great against the black body, an improvement off of Nuhvok's original design. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

Well, when I first saw the preview pic I thought "He already failed, this looks nothing like a Bohrok".

Then I clicked the full pic and well, I'm glad I made that comment beforehand because my impressions turned around completely. The eyes help a lot in creating the distinction for sure, but you probably could have used other pieces and it would still retain a "Bohrok feel". The shapes and concepts are all present - the circular headpiece, the position of the fangs, the insect-like shape and the hand-plates. From all angles it is undeniably a 2015-styled Bohrok. It's a shame that there is no action feature, but that would have been a huge challenge to add and I don't think it would have been worth sacrificing this aesthetic. Love the new colour scheme as well.

Props to you for accomplishing something I would have deemed almost impossible (I still think implementing a similar function like the original Bohrok had in CCBS is still next to impossible though ;) )

-NotS 

tahubanner.jpg

Such a spin on the old one! That pod piece makes an awesome faceplate. Can't say the same about the tools though, Bohrok shields have always looked powerful, these seem floppy, especially when Gen 1 Nuhvok's shields were so mechanical. I also think the trans purple clashes a bit with the light blue (teal?) but I'm probably being too critical.

Awesome take on a Bohrok.

IetTsFQ.png

Thanks for all the feedback! The funny thing is, this MOC's original design came to be when I looked at one of the Pod pieces and thought; "Hmm... This would make a great substitute for a Bohrok faceplate."

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Well, when I first saw the preview pic I thought "He already failed, this looks nothing like a Bohrok".

Then I clicked the full pic and well, I'm glad I made that comment beforehand because my impressions turned around completely. The eyes help a lot in creating the distinction for sure, but you probably could have used other pieces and it would still retain a "Bohrok feel". The shapes and concepts are all present - the circular headpiece, the position of the fangs, the insect-like shape and the hand-plates. From all angles it is undeniably a 2015-styled Bohrok. It's a shame that there is no action feature, but that would have been a huge challenge to add and I don't think it would have been worth sacrificing this aesthetic. Love the new colour scheme as well.

Props to you for accomplishing something I would have deemed almost impossible (I still think implementing a similar function like the original Bohrok had in CCBS is still next to impossible though ;) )

-NotS 

That sounds like a challenge to me... AND i will have the original to compare...

This is good.

That comment counts as spam here, because you don't need to see the pictures or anything to say that, you need to be more detailed comment.

Edited by Dragon11603

This is very nice, and looks like a prototype or organic version of a bohrok. My only qualm is the use of purple and light blue. I think the green pod pieces would've been better suited for Nuvhok. Overall a strong entry though, good luck in the contest.

THANK YOU FOR AGREEING WITH ME!

Though not entirely faithful to the original set, this is fantastic as a reimagining. Not only does it look like a Bohrok with CCBS (much better than my attempt...), but it fits with that Okoto feel. It looks more like an organic, threatening hive creature than a mechanical cleaner, which works in its favor in this case.

The part usage is also great. I went with the smaller beast feet, but the larger ones are more in proportion to the scale you have here. The egg piece as the head was a great idea, and I like how you built the head around it. The colors are vibrant and fit the theme well, though the trans-purple feels unnecessary. While it looks solid and complete from the front, the back reveals a rather ungainly build that doesn't give the same impression.

This is good.

That comment counts as spam here, because you don't need to see the pictures or anything to say that, you need to be more detailed comment.

Oh...okay then,

I like the use of the light blue bricks, gives it a more natural look IMO, and I like the fact that it's still got the same eye bricks as the original, though I'm kinda

disappointed that it doesn't roll up,

I really enjoy the organic, insect-like vibe it's giving off, what with those leaf/egg pieces on the head and hand-claw-shields. I like that they're actual claws as opposed to just flat shields, helps with the whole organic thing. I like that you've kept it squat like the original Bohrok, and the purple is kind of neat too, though I do feel it's a little subdued under the black and azure. I also feel that perhaps the smaller toed-feet would have worked better here(the Bohrok did have pretty small feet after all), but perhaps that's just personal preference. 

WIsh you the best in the contest! Ha, rhymes.

Not enough of the original Green... in fact none of it...

Sorry I'm picky about bohrok...

Especcially nuhvok, and kohrok, because I only have nuhvok, and I want kohrok...

I agree to an extent here... I too only have Nuhvok so I am quite protective of the idea in remaking him and could be overly critical.. So if I may let's tear into this Surprisingly well liked MOC...

I'm going to agree that this does have a Bohrok feel to it, even going as far as to saying that it fits with the Gen2 feel. Seeing as how this is two requirements requited for the contest you are on your way... Now I find the lack of green disturbing as Nohvok was black with green for his eyes and his Krana... So while I do understand why you may have chose the purple as it and black are the signature "Earth" pallet this Gen. I have to take points off for being purple/blue and not green. Though I cannot fault you for ingenuity as I don't know what these shell/pod pieces are or what color they come in... So it is possible while you did make a viable Gen2 Earth Bohrok with the limited color matching options perhaps not able to use the green required to truly capture Nuhvok. Also due to having 3 sets with black pieces I can see how it would be easier to make a Nohvok as opposed to Tahnok or one of the others where blue is a better second or primary choice?

Now being that we are working off a more organic feel in Gen2, or so I hear. This captures an organic feel to the insectoid Bohrok regardless of species. So additional props to you there. From the comparison picture it looks like you effectively captured the original size also even without the function. There was talk in the Gen2 Bohrok topic that maybe the compressing into a ball may not carry over to CCBS so well. Leaving the option for other transformation forms or even not having one at all. Disappointed though I am you were not able to recreate this function I cannot fault you for it as I don't expect it to carry over. All in all I am impressed with your recreation of a viable Gen2 Bohrok concept... I however do not subscribe fully that this is Nuhvok... I loved the Bohroks as a set and want to see this go far in the contest...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Not enough of the original Green... in fact none of it...

Sorry I'm picky about bohrok...

Especcially nuhvok, and kohrok, because I only have nuhvok, and I want kohrok...

I agree to an extent here... I too only have Nuhvok so I am quite protective of the idea in remaking him and could be overly critical.. So if I may let's tear into this Surprisingly well liked MOC...

I'm going to agree that this does have a Bohrok feel to it, even going as far as to saying that it fits with the Gen2 feel. Seeing as how this is two requirements requited for the contest you are on your way... Now I find the lack of green disturbing as Nohvok was black with green for his eyes and his Krana... So while I do understand why you may have chose the purple as it and black are the signature "Earth" pallet this Gen. I have to take points off for being purple/blue and not green. Though I cannot fault you for ingenuity as I don't know what these shell/pod pieces are or what color they come in... So it is possible while you did make a viable Gen2 Earth Bohrok with the limited color matching options perhaps not able to use the green required to truly capture Nuhvok. Also due to having 3 sets with black pieces I can see how it would be easier to make a Nohvok as opposed to Tahnok or one of the others where blue is a better second or primary choice?

Now being that we are working off a more organic feel in Gen2, or so I hear. This captures an organic feel to the insectoid Bohrok regardless of species. So additional props to you there. From the comparison picture it looks like you effectively captured the original size also even without the function. There was talk in the Gen2 Bohrok topic that maybe the compressing into a ball may not carry over to CCBS so well. Leaving the option for other transformation forms or even not having one at all. Disappointed though I am you were not able to recreate this function I cannot fault you for it as I don't expect it to carry over. All in all I am impressed with your recreation of a viable Gen2 Bohrok concept... I however do not subscribe fully that this is Nuhvok... I loved the Bohroks as a set and want to see this go far in the contest...

The pods also came in the correct trans-green color

I like that this model actually reimagines the character as opposed to just trying to build the exact same model but with CCBS, as many entries do. If G2 focused Bohrok I imagine their designs might emphasize or downplay aspects of the originals to make more thematically consistent characters, and the insect-like design elements you've incorporated are a great way to do that.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Well seeing as how the current motif for Gen2 is insect-like enemies, or undead(skull) thereof, I could see where an even more insect like Bohrok could work quite well for Gen2.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png