5a975f30-ebed-4eea-970a-81761cd51e01_zps
Large black birds that make their home in the Region of Jungle. Though they look intimidating, they're generally peaceful unless threatened.

Kahu can be domesticated, though attempting to tame wild ones can be extremely difficult. Those that do get tamed are used as part of the Jungle Village's military force, and are outfitted with Rapid Shooters.

Other pictures:
Entry Pic
Front
Side
Back
Wings Spread
Spread Wings-Side
Close up of back/saddle

So, yeah, I'm throwing my own hat in the ring. Comment, critique, and don't forget to vote!
  • Upvote 6

Statements (Mouseover to view): <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7><8> <9>

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Creatures- Verdelisk Lord of Skull Spiders BBC Contest #69: Kahu Oko Taku

Nescent took the words right out of my mouth. :P Other than that, I thnk that the head is really well done, and it really captures the feel of a bird's, especially a hummingbird's beak, which is excellent. The last thing I want to say is that I think it would look better if you swapped out the hand pieces on the wings for Y-joints; although it might look strange at first, the hands look stranger imo. 

VBWj75sh.png

The purple looks really good in this, the way that it all lines up with the chest plate makes it look very even. I like the design of the wings, and how they fold to the side. The rider is a nice bonus!

I was meaning to ask about that: You don't think I'll be disqualified because I used the Protector of Jungle as the rider in the entry picture, do you?

Nescent took the words right out of my mouth. :P Other than that, I thnk that the head is really well done, and it really captures the feel of a bird's, especially a hummingbird's beak, which is excellent. The last thing I want to say is that I think it would look better if you swapped out the hand pieces on the wings for Y-joints; although it might look strange at first, the hands look stranger imo. 

I actually got the idea for the Kewa after seeing [Nescent's Rahi builds. Since the original Kewa was a combiner model, I decided to try to build it from the currently released sets (those sets being the Protector of Earth, Lewa, Onua, and one or two parts from the Protector of Jungle). I was running out of parts partway through (partially because I was building another MOC concurrently), so that's why the wings look like they do.

As much as I would like to fix the wings, though, It'll have to wait until the contest is over. Sorry! :P

Edited by Boxorak the Azure Noob

Statements (Mouseover to view): <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7><8> <9>

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Creatures- Verdelisk Lord of Skull Spiders BBC Contest #69: Kahu Oko Taku

The purple looks really good in this, the way that it all lines up with the chest plate makes it look very even. I like the design of the wings, and how they fold to the side. The rider is a nice bonus!

I was meaning to ask about that: You don't think I'll be disqualified because I used the Protector of Jungle as the rider in the entry picture, do you?

I'm not sure, you should ask in the official topic.

IetTsFQ.png

very ccbs heavy, which is exactly what the contest called for.

It does look rather skinny in my opinion. Doesn't really look like it could carry a Matoran. Well maybe carry one and hop around, but not fly.

I am really not sure how I feel about those wings. On one hand they give out a solid wing span, but on the other hand they are rather skeletal. But ofcourse, so was the Original bird,they are meant to have energy "sail" or whatnot between them.

But otherwise, I really like the torso design, and the actual ability for a protector to sit on him is pretty dang cool :)

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png