What Characters do You want to see in The Lego Movie 2?

Banana Gunz

What characters/themes do you want to see in The Lego Movie 2? Whether as a central important character, side character or just a cameo/joke appearance, who are you hoping for?

My current list of people off the top of my head:

Junk Bot,

Galidor,

Pepper Roni.

I'd like some sort of silly joke reference to Galidor being the disgrace of Lego. It could be interesting if it were a part of the actual story, where the cast travels to a dark realm of sort of Lego stuff, like evil duplo, knock-offs and other bad Lego ideas.

Pepper Roni could be a fun side character that I'd just like to see at some point. Maybe not as a central character, but I'd like to him to come by at some point.

Junk Bot, has to happen, and not just as a joke appearance. I think he'd actually work well as a character that doesn't speak that only communicates through noises/short phrases, like what Groot was in Guardians of the Galaxy. He could be made/written nicely into the plot and be a part, if not the center of many great jokes.

• Upvote 2

5 second scene of Tahu gen1 arguing with tahu gen2 over who is tougher.

Discussion over.

In all seriousness, other lego themes...hmm...Exo Force showing up would be cool, as well as johnny thunder.

• Upvote 3

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

I really hope Mixels show up somehow. They have such a great potential for the kind of animation The Lego Movie uses. They're amazingly emotive on their own, I can only imagine what they could do in the movie. It would be awesome.

It would be nice to see some constraction represented too. A scene like the one JMSOG described would be hilarious, perhaps even a Bionicle character arguing with a Hero Factory character! Heck, seeing some random Herofigs would be nice, too. I keep imagining this scene of some random character cosplaying as a Hero and it's the funniest thing... There's a lot of potential.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

Any specific characters, possibly from more obscure, less modern references? I'd love to see some hero figs as well, and we all know how much we want our Bionicle cameos (I think maybe a Tahu in a herofig version could be a funny character, who's always ranting on about his Mata-Nui culture and doesn't understand completely understand why the world around him works so differently than his Bionicle one), but I was wondering if there are more obscure characters only a dedicated Lego fan would understand. Maybe an old Max? I'd love to see Squidman!

Tahu as a side character so I could hear him say "I, CAN FEEL, THE POWEEEEEERRRRRRR" (then blue screen of death :P).

Anyways, I think seeing junkbot in the lego movie would be great because I remember playing that game along time ago plus it would be awesome to have him as a minifigure for the first time.

It would also be great to see one of the old Lego Alpha Team character like Flex (the one with his lovely smile, not that freeze one) because I like that line a lot, (and the rock raider as well)

Edited by ShadowWolfHount
  • Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Tahu as a side character so I could hear him say "I, CAN FEEL, THE POWEEEEEERRRRRRR" (then blue screen of death :P).

Anyways, I think seeing junkbot in the lego movie would be great because I remember playing that game along time ago plus it would be awesome to have him as a minifigure for the first time.

It would also be great to see one of the old Lego Alpha Team character like Flex (the one with his lovely smile, not that freeze one) because I like that line a lot, (and the rock raider as well)

Yes! Alpha Team, definitely! I'd love to see Ogel, since he's the complete opposite of what Lego is about. In fact, as much as I encourage original hero's and villains, I think he could be written to be a good villain for a sequel (though perhaps a little too similar to Lord Business...).

I was honestly a little disappointed that we didn't get to see Junk Bot cleaning up the insides of Lord Businesses tower! That would've been hilarious! I imagine him running by, being chased by gear bots quickly as a quick easter egg. Perhaps we could still somehow see something like that again?

I think it would be funny if the changed Lord Business started calling himself "Lord Beeswax", like how people say "mind your own bees wax" rather than business! He could represent the sweet and useful goods made by bees, with the hives organization and lack of free will being a partial call back to his old self, which of course still haunts him as it was a part of his nature for so long.

Edited by Banana Gunz

Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader doing some sort of father-son activity. That could lead to something funny. :)

I would also like to see a Bionicle cameo in it as well. Seeing Tahu and Kopaka in an argument, even for a few seconds, would be great to see in TLM2. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

It'd be nice to see:

• Some more "villainous" characters, like Darth Vader, Joker, or non-licensed figs like Garmadon, Vladek, Dr. Inferno, or Sam Sinister. I imagine they were avoided in the first movie so as not to distract from the main conflict, but they could possibly be worked into this.
  • Licensed characters they weren't able to swing the first time: Marvel Super Heroes, Indiana Jones, even Ghostbusters and Back to the Future now that they exist in Lego. I'm sure companies like Disney will be a lot more generous with their characters given the success of the first movie. Unfortunately, Lego Spongebob is unlikely to show now that Mega Bloks has acquired that license.
  • Minidoll characters! Any of the main Lego Friends characters could be great, as would Lego Elves or even Disney Princess figs (if they can swing the licensing, of course). Finn's sister might well have at least a few minidoll-based sets in her collection, after all...
  • Bionicle, of course. Probably only one or two characters given how out of scale they'd be with most everyone else (unless of course we get minifig-based sets between now and then). Maybe even a Roger Rabbit-style scene with Tahu interacting with Furno?
  • Assuming the robot police aren't the baddies again, Chase McCain could show. Kind of a pipe dream but he DID in fact get a fig in 2012!
  • Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

More non licensed LEGO figures like the ones from Adventures (Johnny Thunder, Gail Storm), LEGO Island (The Brickster, Pepper, the Infomaniac), LEGO Racers characters (Mr. X, Rocket Racer). Basically less licensed characters, and more classic LEGO ones. I also like the Junkbot suggestion.

• Upvote 1
BZPRPG

More non licensed LEGO figures like the ones from Adventures (Johnny Thunder, Gail Storm), LEGO Island (The Brickster, Pepper, the Infomaniac), LEGO Racers characters (Mr. X, Rocket Racer). Basically less licensed characters, and more classic LEGO ones. I also like the Junkbot suggestion.

I would argue that the minifigures from Lego video games are less "classic" than ones from the actual sets. Lego Island characters didn't get figs until the wonky-looking Extreme Stunts versions, and Rocket Racer never did (I don't think Mr. X did either, but then again I don't even have any idea who that is). Junkbot is hardly a "character" at all, and he also never appeared in the non-digital sphere. Johnny Thunder's a good pick, but then again he's one of the few who DID appear in the movie—in fact, he's one of the only Master Builders other than the main characters who appeared in the Lego Movie sets, with a new version just for those sets.

Lego Island characters didn't get figs until the wonky-looking Extreme Stunts versions,

You sure about that?

Back on topic, I would like to see quite a few more classic characters show up, such as:

• At least one BIONICLE character somewhere as a cameo, or Tahu arm-wrestling Metalbeard in a tavern of some kind :P
  • A cameo of Chief from Rock Raiders shouting about landslides occurring :P
  • Johnny Thunder WITH A SPEAKING ROLE.
  • Doctor Who, 'nuff said.
  • Some Galidor characters show up at one point just to be immediately blown up by the bad guys :P
  • Some new Minidoll characters
  • Upvote 1

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr

I would like to see Johnny THunder with a expanded speaking role, and I think he should be voiced by Hugh Jackman. I also would like to see Rocket racer have a Cameo appearance, and make his way into a set in the way that Johnny did.

Having a slightly bigger Bionicle appearance would be good, Tahu arguing with someone sounds like a great idea.

Toa Han

• Upvote 2

My Flickr. Old Bionicles on Brickshelf

small_logo.png

I would like to see Johnny THunder with a expanded speaking role, and I think he should be voiced by Hugh Jackman.

Yes! That would be sweet perfection!

• Some Galidor characters show up at one point just to be immediately blown up by the bad guys :P

I like the way you think! Ultra yes!

• Upvote 1

Teridax, Tahu MoF, Takanuva Mistika, an Army of Skull Warriors, also Minnie Figure, That one Giant Crab from Lego atlantis, Onua, Onua MoE, That one lego Creator set with the Mouse and the Cat, Fluffy Senior, not any other Fluffys though, Jeff, a few Throwbots, TMN, Kopaka MoI, Kopaka 1.0, and Kopaka Mistika Arguing with eachother for whos best Kopaka, and last but definitely least, Unnamed, Unimportant, Unmanly, Man.

Edited by Dragon11603

• 3 weeks later...

Knights' Kingdoms 2 King Midas (Minifigure version;Voiced by Robert De Niro),CCBS-Style Takanuva (Voiced by Elijah Wood), & DEADPOOL part of the Main Cast.

Ogel leads a Legions of LEGO Villains (Makuta,Vladek,Sam Sinister,Joker,Lex Luthor,Von Nebula,Loki,Green Goblin,Darth Vader,ect.)

The LEGO Minifigures Meets The Kreons (Only Transformers,G.I.Joe, & Their City Sites)

Both Gen 1 and 2 Toa beat up The Heros from Hero Factory :headbonk:   

In all likelihood Lego Movie 2 will be about Fin moving on form playing with LEGO and his sister playing more. Given that the new narrative will be driven by a young girl I'm thinking we'll see less bad guys in bad guy roles. My own daughter has a Lord Garmadon who is alway apologizing and then getting along with the LEGO Friends. I expect to see the story focus more on Lucy while Emmett wounder why he's not so special anymore. As for cameos I'd like to see more Ninjago Naya seem likely and I could even see her being Lucy's BFF. I would also like to see more collectable minifigures.

Edited by Smitty

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I know this will never happen, but how awesome would it be if Iron Man showed up? He could have a rivalry with Batman over who is stronger/richer. Disney would never allow any of the Marvel characters to show up, but I think they could do some hilarious stuff with any of the Avengers.

Jedi Bob.

This.

Maybe the robots from Exo Force? The little ones, not the mechs.

1. Junkbot

2. Junkbot

3. Junkbot

4. Pippin Reed Gail Storm

5. Junkbot

6. Junkbot

7. Pepper Roni

8. Junkbot

9. The unarticulated one-piece Toa Hordika "minifigs" from the 2005 playsets Junkbot

Actually I like the idea of the Hordika minifigs. There could be a joke in a battle scene or something with Nuju flailing around with his spear thing. Since he can't articulate, it would be funny to see how they attacked bad guys. Also, I said Nuju because the idea of an epic battle scene cutting to a Hordika minifig flailing around and making bird noises would make me able to die happy.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

I know this will never happen, but how awesome would it be if Iron Man showed up? He could have a rivalry with Batman over who is stronger/richer. Disney would never allow any of the Marvel characters to show up, but I think they could do some hilarious stuff with any of the Avengers.

There were Star Wars characters were there not?

That would be so cool though. It would be like the HISHE superhero cafe.

Edited by -Chronix Master of Stuff-
  • Upvote 2

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

I wouldn't rule it out. Remember, even the original Lego Movie featured characters from Star Wars (then a Disney property) and the Simpsons (a 20th Century Fox property), despite the movie itself being produced by Warner Bros. And I have little doubt that the success and positive critical reception of the first movie will make other companies far more willing to agree to have their characters appear in the sequel. Marvel Super Heroes would probably be a shoe-in, although I have no idea whether they'd make the main cast—and if Lego could manage the more complex licensing, Spider-Man would probably be a more recognizable and iconic hero.

Edited by Lyichir

Pepper Roni, Johnny Thunder (more than just some cameo), a few of the Agents Alpha Team characters (Not to be confused with Ultra Agents), and maybe a Protector.

Fixed that for ya ;)

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr