What Characters do You want to see in The Lego Movie 2?

Banana Gunz

Pepper Roni, Johnny Thunder (more than just some cameo), a few of the Agents Alpha Team characters (Not to be confused with Ultra Agents), and maybe a Protector.

Fixed that for ya ;)

Don't think Alpha Team cameos are that likely, as much as I'd like GOOD updates of the classic Alpha Team characters (as opposed to the terrible designs of the Mission Deep Sea or Deep Freeze characters).

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Pepper Roni, Johnny Thunder (more than just some cameo), a few of the Agents Alpha Team characters (Not to be confused with Ultra Agents), and maybe a Protector.

Fixed that for ya ;)

It did not require fixing. I meant what I stated. :glare:

I feel Ya, I can't stand quote "fixers".

Perhaps we could see Takua?

I know this will never happen, but how awesome would it be if Iron Man showed up? He could have a rivalry with Batman over who is stronger/richer. Disney would never allow any of the Marvel characters to show up, but I think they could do some hilarious stuff with any of the Avengers.

I wouldn't rule it out. Remember, even the original Lego Movie featured characters from Star Wars (then a Disney property) and the Simpsons (a 20th Century Fox property), despite the movie itself being produced by Warner Bros. And I have little doubt that the success and positive critical reception of the first movie will make other companies far more willing to agree to have their characters appear in the sequel. Marvel Super Heroes would probably be a shoe-in, although I have no idea whether they'd make the main cast—and if Lego could manage the more complex licensing, Spider-Man would probably be a more recognizable and iconic hero.

Knowing Marvel I would think they would want who ever is in an upcoming film to be in the LEGO Movie 2. Really I'd like to see Star Lord have some lines with Emitt.

• Upvote 1

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I know this will never happen, but how awesome would it be if Iron Man showed up? He could have a rivalry with Batman over who is stronger/richer. Disney would never allow any of the Marvel characters to show up, but I think they could do some hilarious stuff with any of the Avengers.

I wouldn't rule it out. Remember, even the original Lego Movie featured characters from Star Wars (then a Disney property) and the Simpsons (a 20th Century Fox property), despite the movie itself being produced by Warner Bros. And I have little doubt that the success and positive critical reception of the first movie will make other companies far more willing to agree to have their characters appear in the sequel. Marvel Super Heroes would probably be a shoe-in, although I have no idea whether they'd make the main cast—and if Lego could manage the more complex licensing, Spider-Man would probably be a more recognizable and iconic hero.

Knowing Marvel I would think they would want who ever is in an upcoming film to be in the LEGO Movie 2. Really I'd like to see Star Lord have some lines with Emitt.

Yeah, I would love to see a Marvel character in the movie, but Marvel/Disney and DC/Warner would have to come to an agreement on how much they show up and how they're portrayed. I doubt that Marvel would want their heroes to be any lesser than DC's, and I feel like Marvel would only agree if it was like Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny in Roger Rabbit (both get equal screen time and neither is more important than the other). I would love to be proven wrong and the Avengers show up, but I don't think it would happen.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind Tahu and Kopaka appearing as brief cameos, but because they're out of scale, I'd prefer a mixed pile of G1 and G2 masks appearing in a few scenes instead.

Given the age of the Fin and sister I would think we're more likely to see G2 Bionicle sets.

• Upvote 2

You are their rock.

I wouldn't mind Tahu and Kopaka appearing as brief cameos, but because they're out of scale, I'd prefer a mixed pile of G1 and G2 masks appearing in a few scenes instead.

Given the age of the Fin and sister I would think we're more likely to see G2 Bionicle sets.

Yeah, but I'm guessing that 'the man upstairs' has a couple of G1 sets somewhere, which is probably why Wyldstyle mentioned them as "ones we don't talk about". We'll probably see G2 sets as well, but they'll be more than likely arm-wrestling with their G1 counterparts or something like that. :P

• Upvote 1

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr

There were Star Wars characters were there not?

That would be so cool though. It would be like the HISHE superhero cafe.

Hey, I know about that, inter-dimensional pride increase, :D

Yeah, but I'm guessing that 'the man upstairs' has a couple of G1 sets somewhere, which is probably why Wyldstyle mentioned them as "ones we don't have time to talk about". We'll probably see G2 sets as well, but they'll be more than likely arm-wrestling with their G1 counterparts or something like that.  :P

Fixed your quote for you. It irks me how many people misinterpret that reference as some type of insult to the franchise when it was really just meant to emphasize that if Wyldstyle had listed every single Lego theme the list would probably run for ten minutes straight.

• Upvote 3

ive always seen it as an insult.

Well, it was never meant as one. BIONICLE wasn't the only theme that was part of that "bunch of others". Wildly successful and beloved themes like Ninjago and Friends were also shown there, as were some AFOL fan-favorite themes like Fabuland that were referenced several other times throughout the film.

• Upvote 1

bionicle deserved more than a mere off handed mention.

The LEGO Movie didn't have time to give any theme that wasn't essential to its story more than a mention or cameo, whether or not they "deserved" it. This wasn't a case of the writers looking at which LEGO themes were most important and then writing a story around those themes. Rather, the writers came up with the story and then fit references and cameos in where they could without confusing viewers or bogging the story down.

• Upvote 1

The LEGO Movie didn't have time to give any theme that wasn't essential to its story more than a mention or cameo, whether or not they "deserved" it. This wasn't a case of the writers looking at which LEGO themes were most important and then writing a story around those themes. Rather, the writers came up with the story and then fit references and cameos in where they could without confusing viewers or bogging the story down.

But they had time to mention Clown Town?

• Upvote 1

You are their rock.

Clown Town doesn't need any explaining for people to tell what it is — a circus-themed world inhabited by clowns. Moviegoers are more likely to know what clowns are than to know what BIONICLE is or what Toa are, and they're more likely to understand why the clowns are surrounded by circus tents than why the robot-looking characters are surrounded by tropical plants or ancient ruins.

What's more, "Clown Town" is a more humorous concept.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 3

The directors actually discussed the "Clown Town" reference in the commentary. There's a reason it's the only "realm" not based on an existing theme—it's an inside joke of theirs based on an expression they found hilarious as kids. It's hard to fault them for a few in-jokes considering the movie would likely have been a lot worse if not for their input.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

Yeah, but I'm guessing that 'the man upstairs' has a couple of G1 sets somewhere, which is probably why Wyldstyle mentioned them as "ones we don't have time to talk about". We'll probably see G2 sets as well, but they'll be more than likely arm-wrestling with their G1 counterparts or something like that.  :P

Fixed your quote for you. It irks me how many people misinterpret that reference as some type of insult to the franchise when it was really just meant to emphasize that if Wyldstyle had listed every single Lego theme the list would probably run for ten minutes straight.

Thanks for that fix, I haven't watched TLM for about 4 months now (blasphemy! :P ), so my accurate quoting was a lil' rusty. :P And yeah, it's kinda annoying how some think it's an insult, I myself think it's a reference to how the man upstairs (does he have an actual name in the film, or do we have to refer to him as Finn's dad constantly?) doesn't believe these themes he probably collected 'fit in' with the rest of his rather large layouts in his basement. 

Back on topic, the fright knights would be nice to get, especially Basil the Batlord. Maybe Time Cruisers as well (we need more of Timmy's slightly disturbing face design :P ) if we're lucky?

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr

The directors actually discussed the "Clown Town" reference in the commentary. There's a reason it's the only "realm" not based on an existing theme—it's an inside joke of theirs based on an expression they found hilarious as kids. It's hard to fault them for a few in-jokes considering the movie would likely have been a lot worse if not for their input.

I can live with that explanation

• Upvote 1

You are their rock.

Exactly! What the stud?

The directors of TLM did not grow up with Bionicle like we did. They have no connection to the theme and have no reason to mention it. As it is, the fact that we got the Toa Mata flashing past onscreen for even just a second is literally the coolest thing ever -- they didn't even have to do that much, and they did. And you're sitting there bitter because they didn't put in more?

The obligation of the directors was to make a good movie with quality storytelling and thematic consistency, not to cater to your specific desires.

• Upvote 3

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Are you seriously still trotting out that argument?

Bionicle alone did not save LEGO. A shift in design sensibilities and marketing strategies during a stretch of time in which Bionicle happened to be the best-selling theme is what saved LEGO. (Also, if you want historical value, try Classic Space, one of the reasons that LEGO has "themes" in the first place.)

Even if "Bionicle saved LEGO' wasn't a gross oversimplification, you're still ignoring the fact that LEGO as a whole is bigger than Bionicle. Much, much bigger. And that whole is what TLM set out to honor. What you're saying here is that it should have honored your childhood fantasies instead.

• Upvote 1

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

That is literally the opposite of true. They gave us a massive shoutout by including those frames of the Toa Mata. It would have been far easier for them to just not include any references to Bionicle whatsoever, given that even that one shot had the potential to simply confuse moviegoers who were only marginally familiar with LEGO and may not even have been aware that Bionicle existed, or that it was even a part of LEGO.
  • Upvote 2

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

He bionicle fans! Your theme isn't worth scrap! So we arnt even going to name it! Hey Bionicle fans! We know this theme meant a lot to you, and even though it's not quite thematically consistent with the story we're going for, we want to give you this quick shout-out!

Fixed that for you. They're not flipping us off, they're offering us a fist bump, and you're the one spitting in their faces instead.

honestly why are you so dead-set against seeing positives? If they had given a few Bionicle characters a quick cameo, you'd be complaining that there were no Bionicle characters in the main cast. If they had included a Bionicle character in the main cast, I have no doubt you'd find something to complain about there too.

Edited by Jacks
  • Upvote 2

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Okay yeah we very obviously didn't see the same movie because that is also the literal opposite of what the film's message about AFOLs ultimately was. The entire point of the movie is that the Man Upstairs was missing the point of LEGO. Try to actually pay attention next time.

Edited by Jacks
  • Upvote 1

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

I am a fan of LEGO in general and Bionicle in particular, and I can honestly tell you that TLM was respectful to both LEGO and Bionicle. You have no idea how excited I got when I saw the Toa Mata flash past. So maybe, if you're the sort of person who stubbornly insists on looking at everything in the most negative light possible, you found TLM to be a "tremendous slap in the face" to you specifically, but to every single fan of LEGO and Bionicle? That's a sweeping generalization, and I'm definitely not the only counterexample to show that it's absolutely false.

Seriously, how the actual heck was TLM even remotely disrespectful to LEGO? Films that diss their source material don't get to be smash hits.

• Upvote 1

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

A. Bionicles impact on me was rudely killed but not even being named in a movie that was suppost to celebrate lego. First you cancel bionicle, then you give it the finger!? Why lego?!

B. Look at bays transformers, it dissed it's source material, yet it was a hit. TLM is the bayformers of lego.

Bionicles impact on me was rudely killed

What exactly do you mean by this? Are you saying that Bionicle ending somehow reduced the impact it had on you? Because that wouldn't make an ounce of sense, tbh

a movie that was suppost to celebrate lego

It did celebrate LEGO. Again, paying attention really helps.

First you cancel bionicle, then you give it the finger!?

This doesn't make sense either. Who is the "you" here? I'm assuming that by "giving it the finger" you are again referring to TLM. But LEGO didn't make TLM, and the directors of TLM had nothing whatsoever to do with Bionicle's cancellation. You are talking nonsense.

Look at bays transformers, it dissed it's source material, yet it was a hit.

Consider this: Bay's Transformers was a mess in terms of storytelling, character development, and theme -- in short, it was not a good movie. TLM was.
  • Upvote 2

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You