What Characters do You want to see in The Lego Movie 2?

Banana Gunz

OH! I had an idea! You know who would be fun to see in the Lego Movie 2? Flappy! From the Lego Club show!

He certainly wouldn't look out of place in Cloud Cuckoo Land...

I don't think there is a Cloud Cuckoo Land any more.

A headcanon Lyi and I have had for a while is that now that President Business has seen the light and learned to accept other people's creations, Emmet can put his construction team to work rebuilding Cloud Cuckoo Land even wilder and wackier than before! Who knows if the writers will take things in that direction, but it would sure be a cool way to show how things have changed for the better!

I don't hate that idea but I don't see Fin and Dad caring about CCL to rebuild it. It may be that I'm looking at the the story from the real world and others are looking at it for the LEGO world.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Clutch Powers would also be a cool character to add or Artie Fool (AFOL)<I think I spelled his name right> from the Clutch Powers series. 

I would also love to see more space guys besides the White and Red. Or maybe even the Technic guys.

Please visit my Flickr at www.flickr.com/tfg1_grimlock for my photography and MOCs.

Please visit my Instagram at www.instagram.com/tfg1_grimlock for other Lego Posts.

Maybe instead of this "Flappy" guy they could have Max from "The Adventures of Max" that's on the Lego/Lego Club website.

Max would certainly be easier, seeing as Flappy is HUGE...

Am I missing something? Who's Flappy?

He's a talking, brick-built mailbox who runs the "Cool Creations" segment on LEGO Club TV (

).

Oh O_o... well... that's a thing...

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

So the front page has this and this and I'm ready to be disappointed my TLM2 as it seems that it'll be a rehash of every thing that was in the first one. But I'm making a lot of assumptions.

You are their rock.

So the front page has this and this and I'm ready to be disappointed my TLM2 as it seems that it'll be a rehash of every thing that was in the first one. But I'm making a lot of assumptions.

Those images probably have nothing to do with any upcoming movies. There is absolutely no way we'd get a trailer for "The LEGO Movie Sequel" this Thursday. That movie is still three years away, and there are two other LEGO movies coming out before it that we have not yet seen so much as a teaser for.

And anyway, I have no idea how you'd get "seems like a rehash" from two images that show us nothing but two characters and a couple portals, even if it were connected to the LEGO Movie sequel somehow.

• Upvote 1

Those images probably have nothing to do with any upcoming movies. There is absolutely no way we'd get a trailer for "The LEGO Movie Sequel" this Thursday. That movie is still three years away, and there are two other LEGO movies coming out before it that we have not yet seen so much as a teaser for.

And anyway, I have no idea how you'd get "seems like a rehash" from two images that show us nothing but two characters and a couple portals, even if it were connected to the LEGO Movie sequel somehow.

I hope Gandalf is not in Ninjago or Batman, and I don't want Gandalf in Batman. Unless your talking about two other LEGO movies that I'm not tracking.

You are their rock.

I hope Gandalf is not in Ninjago or Batman, and I don't want Gandalf in Batman. Unless your talking about two other LEGO movies that I'm not tracking.

I seriously doubt he'd be in either of those. This is most likely related to something else entirely.

Some people have observed that the characters' arms are bent like they are in many non-movie animations and video games, ruling out anything within the actual "Lego Movie cinematic universe". The dominant theory, at least at this point, is that these are teasing the reveal of a rumored Lego "Toys to Life" game (akin to Skylanders or Disney Infinity), which would explain the variety of brands that seem to be represented as well as the predominantly "themeless" nature of the teasers.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

But that's exactly my point. The fact that Gandalf WON'T be in either of those movies is exactly how we know that the event they're teasing won't be a movie trailer. Because it would be foolish to release a trailer for a movie that's still three years out when there haven't been any trailers for the two movies that are actually closer to release.

maybe Teridax could be movie 2s main "baddie"?

He could be one OF the baddies maybe, but I think the LEGO Movie (like Toy Story before it) did the right thing by having most of its central cast made up of brand-new characters. Only one of the LEGO Movie's main characters — Batman — was already an established character, and he had the advantage of being a character who's already fairly well known by the general public, not an character that only LEGO fans would be likely to know. Everybody else (even Benny) was more or less a blank slate in terms of characterization, which gave the writers a lot more creative leeway when writing their parts.

Besides that, Makuta Teridax's story has already been told. And do you really want him in a movie where most of his scenes would be making fun of him? Because The LEGO Movie was defined to a great extent by its irreverent humor, and treating Teridax as seriously as the actual BIONICLE story did would fly in the face of that.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 4

But that's exactly my point. The fact that Gandalf WON'T be in either of those movies is exactly how we know that the event they're teasing won't be a movie trailer. Because it would be foolish to release a trailer for a movie that's still three years out when there haven't been any trailers for the two movies that are actually closer to release.

He could be one OF the baddies maybe, but I think the LEGO Movie (like Toy Story before it) did the right thing by having most of its central cast made up of brand-new characters. Only one of the LEGO Movie's main characters — Batman — was already an established character, and he had the advantage of being a character who's already fairly well known by the general public, not an character that only LEGO fans would be likely to know. Everybody else (even Benny) was more or less a blank slate in terms of characterization, which gave the writers a lot more creative leeway when writing their parts.

Besides that, Makuta Teridax's story has already been told. And do you really want him in a movie where most of his scenes would be making fun of him? Because The LEGO Movie was defined to a great extent by its irreverent humor, and treating Teridax as seriously as the actual BIONICLE story did would fly in the face of that.

Not to mention that Gen1 Makuta isn't even in the spotlight anymore. Gen2 Makuta, Ekimu's brother, seems to be the villain, so if they were going to put Makuta into the Lego Movie sequel, it would not be Teridax

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

Not to mention that Gen1 Makuta isn't even in the spotlight anymore. Gen2 Makuta, Ekimu's brother, seems to be the villain, so if they were going to put Makuta into the Lego Movie sequel, it would not be Teridax

I wouldn't really be too sure about that, seeing as the LEGO Movie didn't really have any considerable emphasis on promoting current themes (other than The LEGO Movie itself, of course). Granted, they might avoid featuring Teridax due to worries about confusing current BIONICLE fans with a whole different continuity, but not just because he's no longer "in the spotlight".

• Upvote 3

I'd like a Slizer to appear.

Oh, and maybe one of the aliens(?) from Galidor, but not in a demeaning way.

I think LEGO wants to forget Galidor.

We all do.

• Upvote 4

You are their rock.

Clutch Powers/Chase McCain/Johnny Thunder TEAM-UP!

Three great adventurers all in the same room!

Yes! Absolutely yes! At the very least, Powers should have a cameo as many of the elements (pun intended) from his movie were reused in TLM (and he had a mention in the Ninjago series).

I think hippie would be nice :D lol

8831_portrait_hippie.png?l.r2=1780261337

No.

Edited by The Toa Kaita Nuva Nui

To all BIONICLE fanfiction writers - send me your work, I'd genuinely love to read it - especially canon compliant pieces. I'm always looking for more such material to read and to circulate with my friends.

Ya, I'm with THNKN, just no, unless you only want him in the movie just to make fun of hippies then ya.

I think I got a idea of the perfect character I would love to see, he is THE CONDIMENT KING :P

OR... a Mistika canister.

I See What You Did There  :ninja:

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, I'm with THNKN, just no, unless you only want him in the movie just to make fun of hippies then ya.

I think I got a idea of the perfect character I would love to see, he is THE CONDIMENT KING :P

OR... a Mistika canister.

I See What You Did There  :ninja:

I didn't. What am I missing?  :P

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

I didn't like the Lego Movie, but it would be cool if they added BOTH Old and New Bionicle and have more NINJAGO characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if TLM2 had more Ninjago characters, seeing as the Ninjago movie will most likely bring in a fair number of other Ninjago characters who may very well return for the next big crossover.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 3 weeks later...

The Hordika MInifigs.

A little recognition goes a long way.

A mere cameo is just an insult. :(

I'm a huge Lego Space fan, but OH NO, we didn't get specific classics like Blacktron anywhere more than on a t-shirt in the film, not to mention more obscure characters like Jim Spaceborn and Keko are missing, Lego must hate me and all of the Lego Space fans for this ARGHAGHAHFAHG DOWN WITH LEGO!

Dude, Bionicle is not the sole center of Lego. As great as it was (and I mean it was really great for me), it didn't need to have an integral part in the movie. Bionicle was always somewhat separated from the rest of Lego because of its difference in building style/parts and the fact that it ran on an individual and more elaborate story. If we were to get Bionicle in film, I'd rather it have its own treatment. The Lego Movie was for everyone, and I feel that you're looking at it negatively without an open mind; you don't even seem willing to consider that your opinion is somewhat ignorant and not very thought through to us, and that's a bit upsetting.

The Lego Movie was meant to be a lot of things, but it was about more than just throwing cameos in, it was its own story about imagination and the fact that Bionicle got a cameo was beautiful to me when I saw it. Just because it wasn't in there a lot, doesn't mean Lego doesn't respect it. It seems like Lego respected it enough to bring it back.

Honestly, I think Bionicle Gen 2 will play a bigger role in TLM2, BUT this nod was still nice. What is he getting mad about?

cringe

I'd love to see some Junkbot in Lego Movie 2, I really should replay the games... I wonder if they're still up?

It'd also be pretty cool to see Exo-Force and those Rock Monster thingies from a couple years back. Maybe even Clutch Powers, even though he got his own movie already. :P

• Upvote 1
WHAT'S UP, BUTTERCUP???