Have someone guessed the Big Robot back in the day ?

Archius

I want to know if someone here have guessed, or knows someone who guessed, or maybe made a theory that the MU was inside something bigger.

As for me, the ~closest~ I got was suspecting the twin suns in Metru Nui looked like someone's eyes, but I never imagined that it would indeed be a robot.

There were some talks and ideas that did float around, as many of the places on the island of Mata-Nui had facial meanings. I don't think those guesses were really strongly believed until one person, I can't recall his name right now, came up with a full and formal theory. So yes, there was a theory about the Great Spirit Robot before it was known.

Edited by V-N
  • Upvote 2
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Some people took wild stabs at it, but the mass notion didn't solidify until around 2007, if I'm remembering right.

I personally didn't subscribe to the theory because I didn't quite understand the geography; Voya Nui/Mata Nui are layer 2, Mahri Nui is layer 1.5, there's the "ceiling" which is layer 1.25, the islands which are layer 1, then Karda Nui which is layer 0, except for the stalactite villages which are layer 0.5. I didn't quite grasp all of that at the time, it made more sense to me as successive layers of a planet.

But then Mata Nui stood up and blew everybody's mind, so yeah.

• Upvote 1

There were some talks and ideas that did float around, as many of the places on the island of Mata-Nui had facial meanings. I don't think those guesses were really strongly believed until one person, I can't recall his name right now, came up with a full and formal theory. So yes, there was a theory about the Great Spirit Robot before it was known.

I believe Planetperson is the droid BZPower member you're looking for.

• Upvote 1

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

I believe Planetperson is the droid BZPower member you're looking for.

Yeah, that guy! The old topic is gone, so I couldn't find any record of it. And I'll admit I was one of the guys who thought such an idea was outrageous and impossible. :P

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

I don't recall reading any theories guessing that the MU was a giant robot. I don't even recall the topic mentioned above. (I wasn't very active on Bionicle forums back then. :P) I had no idea about the reveal myself.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Before the Great Spirit Robot was known. I always thought that Bionicle takes place on a watery planet with a bunch of islands and other places, in the center of the universe, while Mata Nui is just a giant spiritual being sleeping as he floats in outer space.

When the Robot rose up, it became clear to me that all of the islands except Mata Nui are instead the super-giant robot. Who knew that happened?:P

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I always did wonder if it was a robot based on how the sun disappeared in the bionicle 2: legends of metru nui movie (because the eyelids were actually blocking out daylight) and the sundial in MNOLG did also indicate that the great spirit robots facial metal structure was too dense for the onu koro equipment that kept malfunctioning.

qs3135.jpg

I always did wonder if it was a robot based on how the sun disappeared in the bionicle 2: legends of metru nui movie (because the eyelids were actually blocking out daylight) and the sundial in MNOLG did also indicate that the great spirit robots facial metal structure was too dense for the onu koro equipment that kept malfunctioning.

That MNOLG example is one of the few examples of the initial concepts for Protodermis. Before it was made into miracle matter that could resemble any type of material within the Great Spirit Robot, it seems to have been intended largely as the material for the Great Spirit Robot's outermost covering—in other words, its skin (hence the suffix -dermis).

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother