Hydraxon, Master of the Pit

Kanakalackin

16332741878_b3f44eaa01_m.jpg

"Welcome to the Pit..."

16519830825_f66a521d0f_n.jpg16519933495_4630085f9e_n.jpg

Well. Here he is. My entry for BBCC 69. I had a lot of fun building him, trying to make him look as much like Hydraxon as possible while keeping with the theme of the contest. I chose to downsize him due to a lack of parts and a fear that if I made him too tall, he would be either too gappy/lanky and/or his legs wouldn't be able to hold his torso. I hope you like him as much as I do. (Some votes in the contest would be nice too.)

][ Flickr Gallery ][

• Upvote 8

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Great entry, Chris! Really digging the CCBS on this guy. I love how you gave him a gun similar to the Cordak blaster. I think the size difference works, but it would have been awesome if he was of comparable size to the original set. Best of luck to you :D

• Upvote 1

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Really digging this. You managed to keep most of the same silhouette as the set which is cool, especially since you translated the weapons to something more modern. What I really like, though, is how you've got him looking much more compact, more together. Particularly his calves which look really solid.

Nice work.

• Upvote 1

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

The size change, while not overly drastic, is just enough to make me feel like this is a mini-Hydraxon. It might not just be the size either - the lack of the original's distinct bulk and copious amounts of armour and blades kind of detract from its stature. Though I see the effort to adding this, the CCBS armour doesn't do a fantastic job replicating that. The bladed sections don't come off as menacing as a result.

But other than that, it's a really slick CCBS-based humanoid design. Well-armoured from every angle, and back-blade design is fantastic! The weapons are probably the most Hydraxon-like feature of this moc, and the usage of the new stud launcher as the replacement for the Cordak blaster is natural and well-implemented. Overall, I love the design and cohesiveness of the MoC but I wish it was at a bigger scale to be more Hydraxon-like.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg