Gresh and Skrall

Toa Turing

These are my first Bionicle MOCs in a long time, and my first ever old/new style fusion. The fact that they are a very similar style to Nescent's MOCs is an uncanny coincidence. Anyway, they're simplistic, but I think they turned out alright.

Gresh

front

back

pose

Skrall

front

back

pose

And finally, the obligatory fight.

EDIT: I made an all green version. I personally don't like it quite as much as the silver, but let me know what you think.

Edited by Toa of Geek
  • Upvote 3

I really need a better signature.

More Glatorian! :D 

Gresh is pretty cool, though I think some dark green would look good on him. He looks more like Stars Gresh than the original set, since he's so lime green and doesn't have claw armor, which is cool but I don't know if that's what you were trying to do. Skrall, on the other hand, is awesome! He looks a lot like the original, but very Gen 2. Too bad he doesn't have a shield though.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

Very nice! The figures can easily be recognized as who the characters, and seamlessly integrate the CCBS system. I like the use of Stars Gresh's parts, as well, since there aren't that many dark green CCBS parts yet

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

I dunno about you guys, but that silver makes Gresh look pretty fresh.

Eh? Anyone? No? Fine then. 

As I was saying, I like how you've incorporated some more metallic colors into Gresh's design. The Skrall is also pretty faitful to the original design, which is pretty impressive. 

Good job! 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

I may be a little CCBS biased right now as I've just been checking out all the contest entries so I think I like Gresh most here :D The shoulder armour is great and I think the only part I would change is the chest which doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the model. Was the original set green all over? If it was then the Gorast entry into the contest uses a very cool lime green nuva chest piece (from an exo-force set) Perhaps that would help finish off Gresh nicely?

Skrall looks cool but the old-school parts look a little jarring next to the smooth and simple CCBS pieces. I think it's difficult to balance that in such a small set whereas in a larger build you can mix it up much more easily. 

Two very nice looking rebuilds though, great job :)

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I for one, like your pun.

Was the original set green all over? If it was then the Gorast entry into the contest uses a very cool lime green nuva chest piece (from an exo-force set) Perhaps that would help finish off Gresh nicely?

I do have that piece, but I decided to incorporate more silver into the model since his weapons were silver. However, I do have the original (non-stars) Gresh, so I might try using some of those pieces and incorporating some dark green.

EDIT: Incorporating dark green was a train wreck, but I made a version without silver that you can see in the original post.

Edited by Toa of Geek

Interesting renditions. I like Skrall a lot - a very intriguing use of CCBS to recreate the original Skrall's proportions and it achieves the look effectively. Gresh, on the other hand, feels kind of like a downgrade. I can see the Stars influence, but the lack of pointy armour feels a little uncharacteristic. The use of the Nuva armour on the CCBS torso is pretty cool though.

Would love to see more Glatorian revamps from you! :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Was the original set green all over? If it was then the Gorast entry into the contest uses a very cool lime green nuva chest piece (from an exo-force set) Perhaps that would help finish off Gresh nicely?

I do have that piece, but I decided to incorporate more silver into the model since his weapons were silver. However, I do have the original (non-stars) Gresh, so I might try using some of those pieces and incorporating some dark green.

EDIT: Incorporating dark green was a train wreck, but I made a version without silver that you can see in the original post.

I think, having seen the all lime version, the silver is a good call. It looks very plain without that contrast. Thanks for trying it out though, I'm glad we got to see it :) Did you have dark green shells? I'm wondering how it would look with the silver pieces lime and the lime pieces dark green, that's more of a contrast. But do those shells exist in dark green? I seem to have forgotten over the duration of this topic :P

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I think, having seen the all lime version, the silver is a good call. It looks very plain without that contrast. Thanks for trying it out though, I'm glad we got to see it :) Did you have dark green shells? I'm wondering how it would look with the silver pieces lime and the lime pieces dark green, that's more of a contrast. But do those shells exist in dark green? I seem to have forgotten over the duration of this topic :P

I'm not sure what you mean by shells. If you mean the armor pieces on the arms and legs, I don't know if they exist in dark green, but I don't have any. The weapons come in a lime/dark green mix.