Bionicle 2015 Combiners

thumb.jpg

So around last week I got a little stressed out from studying mid-terms so I decided to let off some steam and make a BBC#69 entry out of just the Gali and Tahu sets. It was a lot of fun, so I tore apart the rest of the sets I had on me and built a couple of random combiners. It was my first time building with CCBS so they turned out pretty basic. 

You can see the topic for my 2015 Trinuma moc here.

Okoto Beast

thumb1.jpg

Built from Protectors of Earth and Jungle. I was inspired by Nescent's awesome Wildlife of Okoto topic and attempted to create something akin to a Rahi of the previous gen. Don't really have a backstory for it, but liked how it turned out. 

Gallery

Skullion, Master of Skulls

thumbs1.jpg

Built from Tahu, Gali and Lord of Skull Spiders. This one was fun to build. I wanted to make it look like the Lord of Skull Spiders was still living in Skullion's chest, so he has a bit of an action feature where it can "come to life", as seen below:

thumbs2.jpg

The upper legs are connected to the back and a lever flips them up, allowing for a snapping motion (details in the gallery).

thumbs5.jpg

It also allows for some varied armour designs. 

thumbs3.jpg

Even as a humanoid, the Lord of Skull Spiders continues to control his Skull Spider army.

Gallery

And as an added bonus, here's an old polaroid of my brother and I over 10 years ago with an original Matoran Kaita, a modified one, and a super omega Toa Kaita.

p2150908.jpg

-NotS

• Upvote 4

tahubanner.jpg

I really like these, especially Skullion! The Okoto Beast is nice and the color scheme is quite nice. I surprisingly like the little bits of purple on the legs though I'm not sure how I feel about the tail tip which I find kinda odd, and the back legs that seem to dark due to the lack of keetorange. Skullion has a surprisingly great color scheme and he has really neat weapons. The articulation in the shoulder armour is genius, possibly one of my favorite parts. My only gripe, which is quite minor, is the way the spear sticks out from his one blade. These are really great mocs, and especially applaud you for Skullion. :D

P.S. That Omega Kaita is pretty cool!

I always appreciate a good Rahi combiner, but Skullion steals the show...

I wanted to make it look like the Lord of Skull Spiders was still living in Skullion's chest, so he has a bit of an action feature where it can "come to life"

...because that is just sooo cool! It really looks like LoSS is fuzed into his chest, which is such a creative way to use LoSS's faceplate as chest armor.

IetTsFQ.png

Appreciate the feedback! 

Skakdi Chronicler - Yeah, I agree about the hind legs for the beast. Thinking back on it, replacing the parts with the keetorange ones from the tail might have been better to keep the colour scheme consistent. I chose to give the extra spear-head to Skullion's left-handed weapon to show his dominant arm. :)

Nescent - Thanks! I honestly had the idea about the Lord of Skull Spider's face being the chest armour since I got the set long before, but while building it I realized just how effective it could be to have it surrounded by the legs to make it look more like the spider was one with Skullion. Glad it worked out! :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg