Skakdi Fusion: The Living Dream [BBC 69]

Sappholopod

In Okoto Legend, there is said to be a being who could make what was dreamed into reality, he walked the dreamscape of Okoto's people, draped in golden skin. He was drawn to those with fierce desire, and would grant one wish in exchange for passage to our world. He could commit great miracles, but by the same hand, great atrocities as well. He was sealed again long ago, by the Mask Makers themselves! One can only hope he has stayed there since...

bzpowerimage.jpg

Gallery!!

Edited by Cabooceratops
  • Upvote 11

This is one of the best representations of this thing that I have seen. Very nice. I really like the layered look of the armor and the almost facial hair type appendiges on the face.

Looking foreword to seeing the gallery.

• Upvote 1

Back from the darkness

(will update soon)

It can be hard to make things look organic in CCBS, but you really nailed it here. I'm really impressed at the way all the armor pieces flow into each other, especially around the hips--it makes it feel like skin instead of armor. The head completes that weird reptilian look. If you don't mind me asking, where'd you get that black Quaza spike from? I don't think I've seen it before.

If I had to offer a suggestion, I'd recommend changing out the gold Breakout torso piece for something else, since the mechanical detailing on it feels out of place with the rest of the MOC.

Great job, good luck!

• Upvote 1

Not at all how I imagined him, but the MoC itself is very fluid looking and well built.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

galllery.jpg

Good News! The Gallery is Here!

This is one of the best representations of this thing that I have seen. Very nice. I really like the layered look of the armor and the almost facial hair type appendiges on the face.

Looking foreword to seeing the gallery.

Thank you very much! I thought the hair was a neat touch. Kind of adds a dash of black to break up the gold. Almost wish I stuck with the chest hair now. Ah well!

It can be hard to make things look organic in CCBS, but you really nailed it here. I'm really impressed at the way all the armor pieces flow into each other, especially around the hips--it makes it feel like skin instead of armor. The head completes that weird reptilian look. If you don't mind me asking, where'd you get that black Quaza spike from? I don't think I've seen it before.

If I had to offer a suggestion, I'd recommend changing out the gold Breakout torso piece for something else, since the mechanical detailing on it feels out of place with the rest of the MOC.

Great job, good luck!

Thank you! I'm really proud of how organic I seem to make things, it's a common compliment. It's Black/Lime, from the Crystal Beast set from Invasion from Below.

I think you're spot on with that criticism, but alas, I only have one of the classic torso pieces in gold.

Not at all how I imagined him, but the MoC itself is very fluid looking and well built.

He's a little apart from how I imagined him too, but I did have to make do with what I had available. I really wanted to give him the gold Thok head ala Irnakk. I'm glad you like him regardless!

This rendition is incredible! I'd say the Gold Skinned Being is probably one of the biggest open ends in the story (at least on my mind), and I've always wanted some official form of physical representation so I could at least picture how it might act. At least with Marendar we know exactly what it wants/wanted to do. This guy, however, is... Well, mysterious. Overall, I love the consistencty in the body and colors, while it feels bulky it also feels naked, if that makes any sense. The face in general just looks really well done, when I first saw it, it reminded me of a demonic mask of creation from gen2 haha. But this is an incredible MoC, with my only complaint probably being the upper legs. While I like the design, they seem kinda... Well, they seem a bit too thin based on the feet and upper body, but I'm not sure if this is just a personal viewpoint or an actual criticism yet. I don't even know if anything could be done to keep the whole thing in proportion, anyway. I know this was long, sorry, but thank you for this awesome interpretation of an otherwise unknown character!

• Upvote 1

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

Excellent interpretation of this set-less character. Captures the reptilian look yet looks grand and well-built like it is supposed to. Fantastic detail from all angles. The head really stands out in its originality and use of smaller pieces. Really dig this moc. 

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

It looks good but I can't see it as a skakdi.

The "Skakdi Fusion" had more dudes in it than just Skakdi, but I also don't have that gold Thok spine I so wanted to use.

This rendition is incredible! I'd say the Gold Skinned Being is probably one of the biggest open ends in the story (at least on my mind), and I've always wanted some official form of physical representation so I could at least picture how it might act. At least with Marendar we know exactly what it wants/wanted to do. This guy, however, is... Well, mysterious. Overall, I love the consistencty in the body and colors, while it feels bulky it also feels naked, if that makes any sense. The face in general just looks really well done, when I first saw it, it reminded me of a demonic mask of creation from gen2 haha. But this is an incredible MoC, with my only complaint probably being the upper legs. While I like the design, they seem kinda... Well, they seem a bit too thin based on the feet and upper body, but I'm not sure if this is just a personal viewpoint or an actual criticism yet. I don't even know if anything could be done to keep the whole thing in proportion, anyway. I know this was long, sorry, but thank you for this awesome interpretation of an otherwise unknown character!

Thanks! Honestly all the descriptions of him sounded like he was nude the entire time, which is weird for a series that doesn't usually concern itself with clothing, but helps make him out to be this statuesque godlike figure.

Yeah, thickening thighs is probably one of my biggest conundrums with the CCBS right now. There's no easy, immediate answer to it. In this case, I think making the thighs thicker wouldn't work too well, they're too short for it to not look awkward.

Excellent interpretation of this set-less character. Captures the reptilian look yet looks grand and well-built like it is supposed to. Fantastic detail from all angles. The head really stands out in its originality and use of smaller pieces. Really dig this moc. 

-NotS

Thank you! Although it isn't what I wanted, I really like how the head turned out. Gotta say the Brain Attack head worked wonders what with it's myriad attachment points.