Best Ninjago Villains

aldero

Best Ninjago Villains  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Greetings!

Right above this, you will see a poll. Personally, I think Master Chen and Pythor are the best Ninjago villains we have seen so far, and that the Overlord is a horrible villain and character. My reasons:

Master Chen and Pythor P. Chumsworth are such unique and enjoyable characters, which is part of the reason why I love them as villains. They are also great plotters and manipulators. Master Chen owns a noodle franchise, has a presumably French assistant, loves theatrics, and controls an Anacondrai cult, whilst Pythor is basically a snake version of Sideshow Bob. What's not to like?

On the other hand, the Overlord is an awful character. He has this silly grumbling voice that makes him sound more like an eight-year-old doing an impression of Dr. Claw than an intimidating master of darkness, needs everyone around him to help him to have a mere physical form, and needs the power that almost destroyed him in order to resurrect him... wait... what? Oh, and, he was defeated by both an outdated robot and a teenager wearing a golden kimono. Pathetic.

• Upvote 1

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

The Overlord. Although in terms of characterisation, he's pretty weak, I love the idea of him being this balancing force of darkness working in the shadows, as opposed to Lord Garmadon, who, after the pilots, just sort of became a bit cheesy and overdone, not to mention the whole stupid four arms thing. I do like Pythor, but his motives are rubbish. Chen is just a maniac in a flying chair who likes snakes, so what can I say?

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

With the options given I'll go with Morro. Most of the Ninnjago villains don't have a clear motive other than just being evil. While I don't know what Morro's motive will be I get the idea he's just trying to get out of the dark realm, and maybe cause trouble for Ninjago (the place).

In reality I like the Nindroids as bad guys with Cryptor going Ultron on the humans, but that's my fannon...

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

• 2 weeks later...

Pythor always seems like he's cooking-up some master-plan to conquer the world. He's just enjoyable to watch on the show.

Master Chen is hilarious! His obsession with traps just makes him all the more loveable, but I prefer Pythor.

-O Knavery

Most vile, O trick of the Empire's basest wit.

A snare, a ruse, a ploy: and we the fools.

What great deception hath been plied today--

O rebels, do you hear? Fie, 'tis a trap! -Admiral Ackbar

Overlord makes for a pretty compelling villain since he's almost less of a person and more of a force of nature. I've loved his concept since his existence was first foreshadowed in the fourth graphic novel, "Tomb of the Fangpyre".

Lord Garmadon is also pretty compelling on account of his backstory, though he's not really a villain anymore.

I don't want to vote yet, because I'm several episodes behind on the story.

• Upvote 3

Oh, and, he was defeated by both an outdated robot and a teenager wearing a golden kimono. Pathetic.

I'm wondering how you must have felt about Makuta's defeats, seeing as Makuta had far more embarrassing defeats than that.

Anyway, I would love to say the Overlord but as you said, he's so dependent on everyone around him that he just can't be taken too seriously. Master Chen was really lackluster on a whole, he got very annoying towards the end of season 5 and was ridiculously self-obsessed, and not in the typical villain way. Pythor is cool, but considering his own evil plots were "Unleash someone more powerful than me!" I can't say I like him too much. IMO Garmadon was the best during his time as a villain. His backstory and relationship with his son were very well played out, and I enjoyed him more than any other villain because he felt like he was more than a cartoon villain. The Overlord was the most menacing, Pythor was the most cunning, Chen was the most dramatic, Soto and his pirates were the silliest, Samukai and his forces were the dumbest, but Garmadon was the most complex and more than just a pile of evil plans and cartoon drama.

Morro shouldn't be on the list. We literally no nothing about him other than that he's a ghost (minor spoilers: he's almost certainly going to have a darker history, unless they go the route of Arcturus). With the set-up they have, he could easily be the darkest and most powerful villain yet. But as I said before, we no nothing about him other than trace details on powers and backstory, he has only appeared in episode 44 and we don't even have a proper personality for him yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Chose Pythor. He manipulated everyone, and one of the few villains that accomplished his main goal. He nearly killed Wu, and several others.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Chose Pythor. He manipulated everyone, and one of the few villains that accomplished his main goal. He nearly killed Wu, and several others.

In a more realistic setting he would have been responsible for any deaths the Great Devourer would have surely caused.

You are their rock.

Well, I have several different answers. Lord Garmadon is my favorite character who also was once a villain, but I like him more as a character than a villian. I just think he had a good character arc. But my favorite villain, regardless of other aspects of their character and just related to their villainous-ness, would be Pythor. He just seems to ooze evil when he is featured.

• Upvote 1

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Ronin needs to be added to this list.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Pythor is my favorite character in Ninjago and he was the smartest villain out of all the other villains (well beside Master Chen).

Also at least the overlord was better then Lord Garmadon, "I can't control the evil inside of me" my  :censored:

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Prior to the last two seasons I would have probably voted Pythor, but like the similarly manipulative Bionicle character Roodaka, overexposure has made him into a less threatening character. A seductive manipulator is much less effective as a villain once they've proven themselves to be completely untrustworthy.

So considering that, and the fact that all we've seen of Morro is a muttering ghost who is less coherent than even King Sombra from My Little Pony, I went ahead and voted Master Chen. Garmadon and the Overlord were both over-the-top villains, with Garmadon having an extra layer of pathos due to his turn to the dark side. But Chen was refreshing in how utterly bonkers he was. He was like an evil Willy Wonka, and if nothing else, his sheer glee at his ridiculous evil plans was contagious. And while he was very clearly evil, or at least insane, his faux-generosity and eccentric nature made him much more unpredictable than other villains—and that made him pretty much the most compelling foe the ninja have faced.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...

Morro. Definetly Morro. That cloud of Airjitzu-smoke-ghost-dust stuff was amazing. Hands-down Morro.

Seriously though, while I did like Chen and Pythor, I think Garmadon was my favorite. Despite the fact he seemed to always be talking about "the evil that flows through my veins," 1.) he was always the first villian (and also the longest-lived as far as seasons go) which has an attractive appeal, and 2.) Lego really developed him with his fear of the impending battle between him and Lloyd. Also, he did just sacrifice himself to save the universe. (While I'm on this topic, I felt the ending of the 4th season was kind of cheap; Garmadon dies and the Anacondrai are magically sent to another realm. Not particularly creative.)

Second would probably be the Overlord, not for his characterization or his voice or his constant need for a body or anything but just because he was the mastermind behind all the others. He made the Great Devourer--which bit and made Garmadon evil--who in turn made the Serpentine--leading indirectly to the rise of Pythor and Chen. I'm not much on the whole yin-yang idea behind the Overlord, but without him doing his thing behind the scenes, there would be no Ninjago.

To all BIONICLE fanfiction writers - send me your work, I'd genuinely love to read it - especially canon compliant pieces. I'm always looking for more such material to read and to circulate with my friends.

• 4 weeks later...

How can you vote for Morro if we have no idea who he is yet?

That's exactly why I voted him, sometimes, the most mysterious villain is the most villainous one.

But the only reason he's mysterious is that his story hasn't been told yet. It has nothing to do with any of his actual qualities... it's only because the ending of the winter story was a cliffhanger.

That's exactly why I voted him, sometimes, the most mysterious villain is the most villainous one.

But the only reason he's mysterious is that his story hasn't been told yet. It has nothing to do with any of his actual qualities... it's only because the ending of the winter story was a cliffhanger.

Exactly, he's mysterious so far.

No. he isn't. We just haven't seen the summer episodes yet, which has nothing to do with the character or his personality. Nobody can like or dislike him yet, unless you judge him by his appearence.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

*Facepalm*

• Upvote 1

You are their rock.

• 2 weeks later...

*Facepalm*

I also really like his minifig design, he appears to be the most swaggery undead character we've seen so far.

*Facepalm*

I also really like his minifig design, he appears to be the most swaggery undead character we've seen so far.

We haven't had any undead characters before him, unless you count the skeletons.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Man, Morro may be seeming cooler and cooler as we see more of him both animated and "in the brick", but at the same time those recently released Ninjago fillers have made me fall in love with Chen all over again. :wub:

• 6 years later...