The Stone Protector Leader and the Okoto Dragon

16629169237_0cf3b87b55_z.jpg

The Stone Protector Leader and the Okoto Dragon by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Hello all!

May I share with you my latest Bionicle based MOC. I have wanted to build a huge CCBS dragon for a long while, but never really got around to it until recently, when I looked at my large pile of unused craft faux leather and thinking that they'd make good dragon wings on a LEGO model. So this is what resulted! You might notice that I did take Bullion, the steed from my BFTGM entry, and used him as a base for what I am calling "The Okoto Dragon" (yes, very unoriginal name I know!)

16835408691_2aec676c5e_z.jpg

The Stone Protector Leader by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

First of all, a look at the Stone Protector Leader, which I built while building the dragon, and acts as a steed to the giant Rahi. Credit to Rayskull on Eurobricks for the alternate build used in this little guy's construction.

And now for the Okoto Dragon itself:

16216521623_b43f32a3b0_z.jpg

The Okoto Dragon by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Front view:

16629170387_6b85d5c5fe_z.jpg

Side view:

16214122964_5c4f13461b_z.jpg

Rear view:

16648899528_4072dc2a09_z.jpg

Top view showing the wings fully extended:

16650353439_55727db866_z.jpg

The Okoto dragon can rear up on it's hind legs, though it is extremely difficult since it is extremely heavy.

16216520673_eace201c7c_z.jpg

The Stone Protector Leader (and other Protectors of course) can be mounted cofortably on the Okoto Dragon, as shown here:

16216520533_03f2188684_z.jpg

The Stone Protector Leader and the Okoto Dragon by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

And a bonus "face-off" shot between Protector and Rahi...

16835408991_443b66fe40_z.jpg

The Stone Protector Leader and the Okoto Dragon by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

That's it for now. Positive and constructive comments appreciated, as long as you don't mention the keetorange (I didn't have much choice there, I wanted to use the flame pieces above the eyes, and kind of had to include more elements of the colour in the build, since until Skull Grinder comes along, they only come in keetorange). Also, please ignore the pole reverser handles on the wings, I forgot to replace them with bushings until halfway through the photoshoot. Any other odd colours present is likely because I run out of the colour I wanted to use  ;)

• Upvote 5

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

WHAT IN MATA NUI IS THAT THING!!

Prowl wants one... that is all.

Ok, not really. I do think this is cool an wouldn't mind having one of my own. Seems disproportionate though, with how large a build the head seems by itself an then the size of the body afterwards.

On a side note watch out for the purists whom think there is only one of each elemental Protector. With your title of "The Stone Protector Leader".

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Ok, not really. I do think this is cool an wouldn't mind having one of my own. Seems disproportionate though, with how large a build the head seems by itself an then the size of the body afterwards.

I do see what you mean, someone else on Eurobricks commented on exactly the same thing. I just really like the head design since I modelled it as a concept for Beastfather, then I ended up using it on Bullion, the steed in Vezalus and Bullion (one of my BFTGM entries on Eurobricks), and then when I recycled Bullion to make the Okoto Dragon, it seemed a shame to have to break up one of my better attempts at MOC beast heads. Unfortunately I didn't have enough shells of the correct colour in order to bulk out the body, otherwise I probably would have done so. But the way I get round the disproportion? Weirdly, I think of Spyro (of the Nineties Playstation game and Skylanders fame), one of my favourite dragon characters, with his abnormally large head  ;)

On a side note watch out for the purists whom think there is only one of each elemental Protector. With your title of "The Stone Protector Leader".

I don't pay a great deal of attention to Bionicle lore (but I do respect it), but for those purists out there, the protector can just be considered a revamp of the Protector of Stone, I haven't a problem with that  :)

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

Yes I remember Spyro in the days of old and the first playstation. Though to be fair he was but a whelpling or more specifically a dragon hatchling. If you are playing off this as such then get me the slag out of this topic because Mommy is going to be less than pleased we are gawking at her baby. I so do not want to be around when she finds out...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

• 5 weeks later...

The Okoto Dragon looking really good but if you know me, you would know my hatred of silver and pearl dark gray being together in a MOC and the tail is really odd looking with those wings on it. The head I love but it's hard to notice what the eyes are and the front part of the hand I really don't like the claws.

The Stone Protector Leader looks great, but I think the trans-neon green armor should be replace with dark orange armor and the cap is really unneeded. But I do like the staff.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I LOVE that protector! He looks amazing, almost more like a Toa than a protector. What sort of size is he compared to the other sets? The dragon is equally astounding but it feels a bit cluttered to me, kind of like how the Kardas dragon was epic but looked a bit too much in the end. Excellent work on both builds though, I can't imagine where you even started with the dragon!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!