If you are gonna get Skull villains, which one will you get first?

BioniCro

I'll be getting Skull Warrior. It has a nice amount of the trans-light blue pieces, the new bone pieces, the new add-on pieces, the gear function, not one but TWO different weapons (a bow/stud lanucher and a blade), a cool new mask, and the gold/trans-light blue Mask of Ice. For only $14.99 USD.

Skull Scorpio for the Pohatu mask. If not that probably Skull Grinder vs Mask Maker more the mask of creation and Ekimu.

-Onvermel- :pakari:

Edited by Onvermel

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

Skull Basher's design appeals to me the most, half-trans-purple Mask of Earth included, and I can't not get Ekimu and the Mask of Creation.  I wasn't sure about Skull Grinder at first, but I'm warming up to them.  Depending on my funds I might also get Skull Warrior, though primarily for the half-trans-blue Mask of Ice and to have another of the new sword pieces.  Slicer and Scorpio have some interesting qualities (and more sword pieces), but I'm probably going to skip them to save a little money.

• Upvote 1

I have been thinking over which Protector to get, and when the pics for the new sets came out, Non of the grunts excited me any.

So obviously Grinder. B-) Has the sweetest looking Protector(like) figure + The mask of Creation- a mask I have been dying to see since G1 + a bunch of Trans neon Orange- my fav trans colour.

There was a mask of creation in G1?

Yes, Artahka wore it. 

It was never released as a set, and I think that the Gen2 mask has different powers than the Gen1 mask. In any case, I'm super psyched for it. As for the skull villain I'm getting first, I'd say Grinder and Warrior. I want the other three as well, but those two are high-priority.

• Upvote 1

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

I've been waiting to get my hands on the Mask of Creation since I first heard it would appear in this year's storyline. I never got any of the Legendary Masks that came out in Gen1, and I refuse to miss out this time around. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Grinder, mostly, if not only, for Ekimu and the MoC, is the only one I'm planning on getting.  If there was one that came with a mask of fire, then I'd get that one too, but there isn't.

Off Topic: Is it just me, or would Basher's mask in white make a good General Grievous face if you added the pieces on the sides of GG's face?  Just something I noticed when looking them up.

• Upvote 1

Grinder, mostly, if not only, for Ekimu and the MoC, is the only one I'm planning on getting.  If there was one that came with a mask of fire, then I'd get that one too, but there isn't.

Off Topic: Is it just me, or would Basher's mask in white make a good General Grievous face if you added the pieces on the sides of GG's face?  Just something I noticed when looking them up.

You make a good point, but I think Gen. Grievous is one of the Star Wars Constraction figures coming out later this year.

You make a good point, but I think Gen. Grievous is one of the Star Wars Constraction figures coming out later this year.

It'll be interesting to see if they make a new head or use that same mask.

Skull scorpio, I always get the worst first and save the best for last (that being the skull grinder/Ekimu set). 

Skull Scorpio is the best. It's like the Nui-Jaga, not to mention it has a Mask of Stone. I really don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with articulation, posing six different legs sounds extremely tedious, especially for a child (which is where the new series will get its fans" and having a tail with a grabbing feature sounds so much more extravagant than legs you have to move yourself. The new Toa are already hard to play with due to how many joints they have, which make their weapons clonky and hard to wield. moving their arms by themselves without the gear function causes the shoulder pads to come out of place, which ruins immersion.   :P

• Upvote 2

Skull scorpio, I always get the worst first and save the best for last (that being the skull grinder/Ekimu set). 

Skull Scorpio is the best. It's like the Nui-Jaga, not to mention it has a Mask of Stone. I really don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with articulation, posing six different legs sounds extremely tedious, especially for a child (which is where the new series will get its fans" and having a tail with a grabbing feature sounds so much more extravagant than legs you have to move yourself. The new Toa are already hard to play with due to how many joints they have, which make their weapons clonky and hard to wield. moving their arms by themselves without the gear function causes the shoulder pads to come out of place, which ruins immersion.   :P

Judging by the tongue smiley I'm guessing this post is a joke? 

It's time to move on.

Skull Scorpio is pretty meh. And I like him! It's not even the lack of articulation that is a problem as much as it is the awful color scheme, awful awful terrible no-good hands, weird clunky hugeness of the tail, lack of a unique mask of his own, and really, those colors are not good.

On the other hand, the function is super fun, which makes up for a lot of it.

AXKP5KC.png

I can already see a lot of people using the Skull Villain's masks and rib cages in their bad guy MOCs.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Skull Scorpio is pretty meh. And I like him! It's not even the lack of articulation that is a problem as much as it is the awful color scheme, awful awful terrible no-good hands, weird clunky hugeness of the tail, lack of a unique mask of his own, and really, those colors are not good.

On the other hand, the function is super fun, which makes up for a lot of it.

Yeah, I agree with Blatantly Heroic and Farmstink Buttlass. Skull Scorpio seems to have a lot of bad rep for a set that hasn't come out yet.

• Upvote 1

Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder most definitely, I can't wait to get my hands on the mask maker for the masks and shield thingy for my personal MOC... :P

Just thought I'd let you know that the parts to the shield are technically all already available. The main two components are a Trans. Light Blue saw blade which appears in the Protector of Ice as well as the Legends of Chima constraction set CHI Vardy from last year, and a Warm Gold wheel element that appeared last year in the Disney Princess set Cinderella's Dream Carriage and the Ninjago set Battle for Ninjago City.

Of course, all three masks in the set are brand new.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder most definitely, I can't wait to get my hands on the mask maker for the masks and shield thingy for my personal MOC... :P

Just thought I'd let you know that the parts to the shield are technically all already available. The main two components are a Trans. Light Blue saw blade which appears in the Protector of Ice as well as the Legends of Chima constraction set CHI Vardy from last year, and a Warm Gold wheel element that appeared last year in the Disney Princess set Cinderella's Dream Carriage and the Ninjago set Battle for Ninjago City.

I had no idea that gold wheel on Ekimu's shield was from Disney Princess. The more you know, I guess.

Isn't Ekimu's saw blade silver metallic? I'm pretty sure it's silver metallic. Which is even more common!

AXKP5KC.png

Isn't Ekimu's saw blade silver metallic? I'm pretty sure it's silver metallic. Which is even more common!

It probably is; I was going off of memory. In that case, you could literally build it solely with parts from last year's Ninjago sets!

Wouldn't that technically mean that Ekimu's set is the cheapest way to get both of those parts anyway, though?

Apart from buying them individually from a site like Bricklink (which would probably only run you a dollar or two), yes. But I figured it was worth pointing out that that option was available if you didn't want to wait.

So, Ekimu's shield is made of two main components. 1, the silver saw-blade, and 2, the golden decoration from the Cinderella set. So, it seems like other than his burial mask, you can build Ekimu just from other sets. I still wanna buy him. Two awesome figures in one, all including the Mask of Creation? Well worth $30.

• Upvote 1

So, Ekimu's shield is made of two main components. 1, the silver saw-blade, and 2, the golden decoration from the Cinderella set. So, it seems like other than his burial mask, you can build Ekimu just from other sets. I still wanna buy him. Two awesome figures in one, all including the Mask of Creation? Well worth $30.

Well, Ekimu also has a uniquely-colored launcher on the end of his hammer, but otherwise, you're correct.

Well, Ekimu also has a uniquely-colored launcher on the end of his hammer, but otherwise, you're correct.

Well, it won't be available until the same wave as him, but Skull Warrior also has the trans light blue launcher (with dark stone gray(?) inner piece) so it's not completely unique or exclusive to him.

Edited by farmstink buttlass

AXKP5KC.png

Personally, I'm going to try to order them all at once. They'll most likely be taken apart to build something else within 24 hours of their original construction, though.

I'm just psyched that we're finally getting a line of undead villains this time around. Should be great for some zombie MOCs.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I'll probably get the Ekimu 2-in-1 set first because of the mask of creation. Then I'll get the Skull Warrior for more glorious trans-ice blue parts.

I'm pretty sure the blue in Skull Warrior is the same blue in Kopaka, not the color from 2001.

Most likely I'll end up buying them all at once. As much fun as it is buying them over periods of time I'm kind of looking forward to the trip to the Lego store to buy the full wave and possibly buy the last 3 Protectors I need if I haven't gotten them already.

If not like that, Skull Grinder/Ekimu first, then Warrior, Basher, Slicer, and Scorpio. Scorpio looks far too thin and eh in my opinion, although Lego often does take the worst pictures of sets (see box art for the Boxor Vehicle). All the boxart had me concerned though, there's a hand reaching out for each of the masks (presumably the Toa it belongs to).

I'm still also unsure of why Tahu and Gali are exempt from new masks. I have a bad feeling they might use the Trans-orange Mask of Fire as Tahu's variant, but either way it's gonna be a plot point that Gali and Tahu don't have these masks or maybe they'll be exclusives like a polybag when they new sets come out or whatever.

Kind of exciting though, this'll be the first time I've ever bought the whole wave the year they came out besides the Stars, but those don't really count in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I've been waiting to get my hands on the Mask of Creation since I first heard it would appear in this year's storyline. I never got any of the Legendary Masks that came out in Gen1, and I refuse to miss out this time around. 

I didn't get a lot of sets last time around, I feel ya bro... and I am NOT making that mistake this time. Every set, every mask pack (plz lego), I will not make the same mistake I made last time with G1.

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat