BBC Contest #69 Preliminary Poll Rat

BBC Contest #69 Preliminary Poll Rat  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Preliminary Poll Rat

BBC Contest #69: Everything Old is New Again!

Here we are... it's the first round of voting for BBC Contest #69: Everything Old is New Again!

One entry from each poll will advance, as well as one overall wildcard.

Preliminary Voting begins March 18th and ends March 21st at 11:59 P.M. EST.

Final Voting begins March 21st and ends March 23rd at 11:59 P.M. EST.

The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on March 24th

---------------------------------------------------------

BZP Rules and Guidelines

---------------------------------------------------------

1. c69_017.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Kahu

2. c69_108.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Kardas, Lord of all Dragons

3. c69_021.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Krakua, Master of Sonics

4. c69_076.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> The Maxilos Guard

5. entrypic.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Brutaka

6. rsz_1rsz_20150213_183001.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Brutaka

7. c69_091.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Gresh - Apprentice of Jungle

8. c69_077.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Toa Lesovikk rebooted

9. c69_042.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Gorast

10. c69_046.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Nui-Jaga

• Upvote 1
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Lots of very interesting-looking MOCs. Pretty hard to choose just one, lol.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

This...this decision-making is too much for me. They're all so good...I was totally stuck between Kardas (the messy colour scheme only makes it more like the original), Krakua, The first Brutaka (5), and the Nui-Jaga. Settled with Brutaka, because his form is just so flowing. A great representation of the original. But this stands true for the others, too.

=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

This was the best poll IMO. #5 is a strong moc, but strays from the original too much to get my vote. Nui-jaga and maxilos are both fanastic, and as great as the nui-jaga is, I have to go with maxilos, which takes an ugly set and makes it look like a beautiful gen2 set. All the design choices, especially color-wise, that make it true to the original make it stand out to me. Best of luck to both entries!

• Upvote 1

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

#3 and #4 were close but I had to go with #10, I was really impressed the first time I saw it and it fits so perfectly in Gen2.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

This one was really tough. Close call, but ended up with Maxilos. Very solid design, hands, and looks better than the original set!

Close seconds were the Nui Jaga and Krakua

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Maxilos, #5 Brutaka, and the Nui-Jaga were all really awesome, but I went with the Nui-Jaga in the end because of the creative useof the HF 2.0 heads and the overall solid appearance of the model.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Krakua gets my vote here, his design has great character to it. Nui Jaga and Maxilos were also pretty nice though.

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

It's a shame more than one (maybe two) of the entries in this poll can't move on. There are so many I like. Just something appealing about the Kahu, Krakua gets the job done well, Maxilos is very impressive, I dig (#5) Brutaka, Gresh looks cool, and the Nui-Jaga is awesome. Really, really tough choice. But as I've mentioned earlier in voting, I do love me some Rahi... And the Nui-Jaga is a fantastic creation for the theme.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Nui Jaga wins my vote.  Finally, a scorpion that looks like a scorpion.  I have a sneaky suspicion we'll get a skull scorpion before the year is out and I hope we'll see a side by side comparison.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

Was initially torn between Gresh, The Nui Jaga, The big Brutaka (#5) and Gorast. I think I voted Gorast for this one. Really liked the simplicity of it.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

This was the hardest poll for me to vote in, such a shame only one entry will be moving on! I was really torn between Maxilos, Brutaka, and the Nui Jaga. In the end, I couldn't help but let my nostalgia get the better of me and voted for the scorpion Rahi, which is very well built! The head is really creative and maintains the simplicity of the original model. Brutaka, would have been my second choice, but the abundance of gold held me back a great deal. Overall, some very impressive MOCs throughout the contest! I regret not having time to make a Gen 2 Hydraxon, maybe later down the road!

:j:  :b:

Vitruvian_Sig_03.png