BBC Contest #69 Preliminary Poll Dragon

BBC Contest #69 Preliminary Poll Dragon  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Preliminary Poll Dragon

BBC Contest #69: Everything Old is New Again!

Here we are... it's the first round of voting for BBC Contest #69: Everything Old is New Again!

One entry from each poll will advance, as well as one overall wildcard.

Preliminary Voting begins March 18th and ends March 21st at 11:59 P.M. EST.

Final Voting begins March 21st and ends March 23rd at 11:59 P.M. EST.

The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on March 24th

---------------------------------------------------------

BZP Rules and Guidelines

---------------------------------------------------------

1. c69_038.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Toa Helryx: Gen 2

2. thumbt1.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Trinuma - Master of Charisma

3. ep.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Krika

4. img_1799.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

5. c69_032.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Hafu

6. c69_059.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Matoro Mahri, guardian of the mask of life

7. c69_028.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Hydraxon, Master of the Pit

8. c69_073.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Vahki Keerakh

9. c69_092.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Takutanuva

• Upvote 1
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

I voted for Krika, although I now regret not going with Hafu, which I really love after initially and wrongly dismissing because of the colors. I also like #6's Cordak blaster, but the entry sank itself with the huge claw.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

#3 gets my vote.

Like Ballom, none stuck out to me too much, but I personally don't see a point in nulling, so I voted for one that is definitely interesting in concept, even though I feel the execution was a little off.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Number #5! That Hafu looks great, simple and sleek design with nice additions

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Matoro Mahri's legs seemed a bit awkward (though the weapons are neat), Krika just looks a bit weird (though that claw-weapon and the use of the 2015 Tahu/Kopaka swords is neat), and Hydraxon looks good but is a bit small and simple (but I do like the details on him).

That leaves me looking at my own entry and half-wishing my model had been placed in a poll with something really outstanding like that Protector Dume & Nivawk from one of the other polls. :lookaround:

I voted for my own model, Roodaka, because she has a good amount of details, is about as tall as the original, and has a gear function. I would have voted for Hydraxon if my model wasn't in this poll. :notsure:  :unsure:

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Krika gets my vote here, Hafu would have been my other favourite here. I also liked 7 and 8, I liked 1 even though she never got an official set. :)

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

I seem to have a thing this contest for narrowing each poll down to four heh.. But no real stand out here.

I think I'll go with Roodaka, but I did rather like Hydraxon too.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I voted for Krika, although I now regret not going with Hafu, which I really love after initially and wrongly dismissing because of the colors. I also like #6's Cordak blaster, but the entry sank itself with the huge claw.

Out of curiosity, what is wrong with the claw's size? I didn't think it was that off proportion when I created it, but most have told me it's too complicated, which I don't fully understand considering the MOC's size. :notsure:

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

I quite liked entries 6-8, but I agree with everyone who said the Matoro was a bit too cluttered. I still really like it, but I'm not too sold on implementation. 

In the end, I think I'm going for Keerakh.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Can someone please give me suggestions on what exactly is cluttering Matoro up and how to improve on implementation? Nearly everyone is telling me something's wrong with it with nearly every aspect of it except its cordak.

Edited by Brickobotface

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

Can someone please give me suggestions on what exactly is cluttering Matoro up and how to improve on implementation? Nearly everyone is telling me something's wrong with it with nearly every aspect of it except its cordak.

Well, the upper legs seem very small compared to the lower legs and the claws seem a bit too large, especially when compared to the head. I think the torso (and the cordak blaster) look pretty good, though.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.