Makuta Teridax - movie version V1

Crezdonn

http://imgur.com/a/4UH2w

I'm going to start off by saying this build was largely experimental, this is not the final version of this character.

(yes that mask is a 3D print, it costed me $45 USD without shipping. I seleted the "matte black steel" option)

It was difficult making the torso proportional to his legs because I wanted to include as much detail as the movie from possible, and this extended the middle of the legs quite a bit. I do like how large this figure is, but the mask looks a bit small on that torso compared to the movie. That will be taken care of in an updated version of him.

I'm not sure if this looks too "busy", it was not easy to try and prevent pieces from looking they were slapped on, especially in the legs. I wish some of those technic pieces came in dark red, at least his hands match some of the movie color.

Surprisingly he's very sturdy - don't ask me how that's possible with those ankle connections.

I'll post instructions if people want them.

Let me know what you think! Suggestions and criticism are welcome.

Edited by Crezdonn
  • Upvote 3

I like the Custom Mask and main torso, and I think it's the best part of the MOC, But I think the Arms and Legs are too scrawny. Beef them up a bit, and you'll have Made the quintessential Makuta Teridax.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

How well do axles fit into the holes of the metal version? The plastic variant is very loose.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Thank you! And yes I agree, compare the torso to the legs and arms, and they indeed need to be a bit more bulky.

The axle holes on the metal version are VERY tough... Once you put something in there, it takes a lot of effort to take it out again. In my case that's what I want though, the eyes are just multiple 1x1 stud pieces held in place by a technic pin coming off the bottom axle.

To quote the most memorable Skywalker, "Impressive. Most impressive". Aside from what others have already stated, let me say that i love that you kept the two thumbs per hands, it was one of the most interesting aspects the Makuta species has (in my opinion). Quite awkward to draw, but the finishing look always captures just how foreign these god-like beings are. Kudos to you on that!

It is great to see a custom mask in use, and actually looks to be great looking on a set. Quite a shame that it cost that much money, oh well I hope you like/love it.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light