Guardian of Okoto (Earth and Water Protector Combo)

Before I get started on the legend-y stuff, I'd like to give a word about this creation. I recently acquired the Protector of Earth and the Protector of Water. This creation is built exclusively with pieces from those two sets. If anyone asks, and I am in the mood, I may post instructions for this built. I only left out a skull spider mask, a few red pins, a couple small black ones, and a brain. All other pieces have been used. I'm really quite happy with how this guy turned. So much so that I invented a legend behind him. 

Long ago, in the Time before Time

on the mythical island of Okoto,

legend speaks of the Guardians.

tumblr_nlo6gwcm0C1ur3nkto1_540.jpg

Eons before the two mask makers, Ekimu and Makuta, set forth on the island to bring the three virtues, the island lay in chaos. Strange creatures bearing elemental powers tormented the defenseless villagers. To defend themselves, the wisest of the six tribes chanted a potent spell, engineering a combination between villager and beast. These new half-breeds they called the Guardians, for the Order of Protectors had not yet been formed. A hundred of these beings were formed, and their elemental power and brute force drove the creatures into hiding beneath the earth and in the deepest forests.

tumblr_nlo6gwcm0C1ur3nkto5_540.jpg

The villagers rejoiced, thinking they were safe. They celebrated too soon. The Guardians, programmed to defend could not acknowledge a time of peace. Thus, they enlisted the wisest villagers to engineer weapons of mass destruction from the island's elemental forces. With these, the Guardians began to lord it over the villagers they once defended. They built a great fortress at the center of the Okoto, from which they ruled the island. The enslaved villagers cried out under the whips of the Guardians.

tumblr_nlo6gwcm0C1ur3nkto3_540.jpg

From across the sea, their call was answered. The two brothers, Ekimu and Makuta came bearing the great masks of Creation and Control, from which they forged the elemental masks. The villagers, equipped with their new powers, overturned the citadel of the Guardians, burying them deep beneath the rubble. Above the ruins, the Mask Maker's built their own metropolis above the fortress, from which they forged the Great Masks. From the six wisest villagers, they formed the Order of Protectors, to whom they entrusted six masks of special power. “When times are dark,” they said, “Gather at the Temple of Time to call forth six heros from the stars. Until then, hide these masks far away where no one could ever find them.”

tumblr_nlo6gwcm0C1ur3nkto4_540.jpg

The Protectors returned to their home regions and did as they had been instructed.

What they did not count on, however, was that something would be coming to look for them

tumblr_nlo6gwcm0C1ur3nkto2_540.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed that. Those of you who were able to watch the 9th episode will see where I was going with this. ;) I really like what I did with the feet. Thanks to Nescent and his awesome use of Protector masks in his Wildlife of Okoto thread inspired me. Check it out here: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/17041-wildlife-of-okoto/

I plan on making some more of these combiners as I acquire the rest of the Protectors. In the meantime, stay cool.

• Upvote 1

~Madu-

<}> <}>

~

RPG Profiles:

Cresk

• 2 months later...