Hannah Ussal Crab MOC

When I heard that there was to be a contest where we could build old characters from the G1 Bionicle universe in the new style, I was very excited, and hoped to enter an entry myself! However, I found I couldn't find all the pieces I needed in time. Ah well.

I'm still missing one or two pieces I need to make it complete in my eyes, but for the moment, it's 'finished' enough to share here.

I decided to go for either a version of Hakann using the HF Brain Attack 'Pyrox' set's face part, and build a custom spine, or do the Hannah Crab and Jaller, but since I was unable to find the right parts to create a full Jaller figure, I decided to simply mod the Protector of Fire, and go all-out on re-creating the crab.

It ended up being a lot larger than I had anticipated, seeing as I wanted to incorporate the U-shaped armor part from the original set, to keep the same feel. Got it to fit on to the smallest CCBS torso bone with the use of those 'hip/shoulder' socket pieces and some red 2-length axels. Worked out rather well in my opinion.
I couldn't find the other Pyrox rocky-add-on part for armor on the back legs, so I've used a 'Breakout' round add-on armor part as a substitute for the time being. The stud shooter retains the same color bullets as came with the Protector of Fire because I was unable to find enough solid red or trans blue studs to replace them. The gun also fills out the top of the build nicely, and doesn't leave many gaps visible.

Because of its size, I thought it'd be nice to imagine it as a Ussal Crab, like Pewku, but in the same colors as the Hannah Crab. Perhaps this crab would be a dweller of the Fire Region, getting constant energy off of the heat generated by the volcano and its lava flows, and perhaps the rocky armor would in fact be layers upon layers of hardened magma on top of a fireproof crab shell, making it the perfect vehicle to travel across the hottest pats of the region.

I've been unable to add a photo properly to the post for some reason. It doesn't want to cooperate with my tablet, so for now, here's a link -

EDIT: trying now with laptop to upload photo. This is ridiculous.

hannah_crab_moc_by_lightninging63-d8o66q

Problem hopefully fixed, please let me know what you think!!

If I need to find another photo-sharing site, please let me know, but for now, enjoy.
Any comments and criticisms are welcome, and I'll try and upload more photos when I get the chance. :)
-Lightninging63

Edited by Cirkitree
  • Upvote 1

Link says page don't exist...

EDIT: Ah ok, you forgot the HTTP tag...

http://lightninging63.deviantart.com/art/Hannah-Crab-MOC-524328866

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I got a 404 not found. I personally use photobucket. If you upload in PNG format, you can directly place the photos into your post using the Image URL that photobucket gives you.

COMING SOON, UPDATED PROTECTOR OF ICE

Protectors of Generations Past!

ICE, FIRE, WATER - http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18021-mod-protectors-of-fire-ice-and-water/

EARTH                   -  http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18035-mod-protectors-of-generations-past-earth/

group%20circle%20protector.png

Brickshelf is pretty much the best for lego images. Very easy to set up and start, linking directly to an image works right after you upload.

Flickr's alright, but it's geared toward proper photography and Imgur is considered the best image hosting site by many, easy to share and set up albums, but I haven't used it much myself.

Now to the point, I like the shape of this little guy. Maybe needs some more dark red in places, but it's nice. Maybe fitting those pincers on some arms that can move would help the eyes to not be so close to the claws.

You can find all of my mocs, custom parts, and other lego-related stuff at Flickr, Instagram, or Brickshelf.

Thanks for the help, all :)
I am currently in the process of figuring out a way to make sturdy but adjustable arms for the pincers. I'm pretty sure they'll be mostly Technic pieces.
When I have the means, I intend to purchase some more dark red shells off something like Bricklink(?), but for the moment, all I've got are the two rocky dark red add-on parts and the torso piece of the same color, used on the crab's underside. In retrospect, I can probably relocate that elsewhere on its body and use a black shell down there instead.

I appreciate the feedback, thank you so much :)