What characters would YOU like to see represented in Lego Dimensions?

Lyichir

Topic title says all. Who would YOU like to see as a minifigure with NFC stand in the new Lego Dimensions theme? It could be classic minifigures, new minifigures, licensed characters, unlicensed characters... heck, even if they haven't been a minifig or they haven't been licensed by Lego before, they could be fair game (looking at you, Wicked Witch of the West).

For extra credit, list what sort of mini-build or accessory could come with them (since all the figs but Gandalf and Wyldstyle come alongside a mini-build of some sort).

Me? I'd like to see Bionicle minifigs, of course! All six new Toa, using last year's mini-hero builds. Not sure what they could come with apart from golden mask stands... there haven't exactly been any vehicles in the new theme yet.

Other characters that would be cool to see: more Ninjago characters (Skylor, Dareth, Wu, Garmadon, Lloyd, etc.), Lego Elves characters (ain't no law that mini-dolls can't appear), Lego Friends characters (Ditto)... heck, how about some Lego City: Undercover characters (Chase McCain, and possibly even some characters who hadn't appeared physically like Ellie and Frank). For that matter, as much as people hate console exclusives, maybe console-specific exclusives could be released with their respective versions of the game... could be our best chance to FINALLY get figs of characters like Link from The Legend of Zelda!

Now it's your turn! Can't wait to see other people's suggestions!

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Yeah, as soon as I heard this was a possibility (And now knowing it is a reality) I was all EXO-FORCE PLEASE. Really hope we see some Exo-Force represented, though I guess translating any mechs to the micro scale would be tough! Still, so very much want Exo-Force in the game.

AXKP5KC.png

Some more Faux Anacondrai would be nice.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Galidor characters, just to see how the Lego Community responds to it. :P

Joking aside, I would love to see some Bionicle characters represented in the game. Seeing the Toa Okoto in a game like this would be really cool. I also would like to see some Nintendo characters in the game, like Samus Aran, Captain Falcon, and Mario. Though I know that will probably never happen. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I have a few recommendations for main villains:

Ogel, Dr Inferno, AntiMatter, Von Nebula, Witch Doctor, Teridax, Vezon, Voldemort, Saruman, Sir Fangar, Vladek, Brick Daddy, Meca One, Lord Vampyre, Dr. Sam Sinister, and Irina Spalko.

Anything else is probably covered. I just want there to be some representation of older, more beloved themes.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

I'd like the Toa from the new Bionicle line to be characters in LEGO Dimensions. I think it'd be cool to have a Team Pack consisting of Tahu and Gali, using the minifig pieces of last year's Hero Factory minifigures as their builds. 

Included with the Team Pack, I'd like to see a Mask of Fire and a Mask of Water similar to the "drained masks" that come with the villain sets of this year. The only problem is, I don't know how they'd become innovative enough to be a part of gameplay, otherwise they're are just exclusive pieces with no purpose in the game. Still, I think it's a cool idea.

I also want the Lord of Skull Spiders to be a character in LEGO Dimensions, with a design consisting of small System pieces, as he might be closer to scale with the Toa in the form of minifigs than what we've gotten in the official sets.

I think as this game goes forward it'll mostly used licensed themes and current LEGO themes. I do hope that they do throw in some classics Fun Packs from time to time, Ice Planet any one?

You are their rock.

Freddy Fazbear. (I'm joking, of course. But hey, WB own some of the rights now, it could happen.)

More seriously, I'd choose Vezon, The Joker (more specifically the Gangster variation from the Steamroller set), General Grievous, the Music Meister, Pepper Roni, Johnny Thunder and the Brickster.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Personally I would like to see Johnny Thunder, Ogel, and Chase McCain (Possibly other characters from LEGO City: Undercover game).

I would say Bionicle characters as option too, but I am not sure how well they fit in. I guess they could go with Minifigure style that they use for Hero Factory characters previously though. *shrugs*

If they did appear, I think they should be Gen 2 versions since it only makes sense really. I mean Gen 1 characters probably would just cause confusion for newer fans that only know of Gen 2 and well, they would be LEGO's target audience for this, not old fans like myself.

- JMJ 2015

Edited by Jedi Master J.

I mean Gen 1 characters probably would just cause confusion for newer fans that only know of Gen 2 and well, they would be LEGO's target audience for this, not old fans like myself.

- JMJ 2015

The thing with video games, and toys too is the they don't target just kids. Toy makes have to make toys that parents will want to buy for their children. That is why some toy makers have a nostalgic flavor to some of their lines. LEGO would be smart to have some classic castle fun packs next to the Ninjago packs. I know for me the apple of doing something with my children while I can is strong.

• Upvote 1

You are their rock.

Elves seems like the best candidate here for a theme. It has it's own unique world with a variety of characters and elements that would be fun to interract with. Ideally all the main Elf characters would be represented, but if there can only be one then I guess it would have to be Azari. While she isn't necessarily the leader she is the first character Emily Jones meets and she has a color scheme that makes her stand out more from the others. She could be paired with a brick built fire fox, similar to how the Wicked Witch of the West is paired with a flying monkey. The game could even make a mini doll world which contains Friends characters as well. They're all much more normal compared to what most of what the game is introducing, but that could be what makes them kind of fun and different to play with, depending on what the game mechanics are.

Any other contemporary or upcoming non licensed themes, like agents or BIONICLE, should be fair game as well.

I would also not be opposed to older themes making an appearance, although I also realize this game has to be marketable which means, if they appear at all, their presence will be more minimal. Themes like Adventures, Exo-Force, and classic pirates/castle seem like shoe ins for world exploring. And each of those themes have unique vehicles and locations that would make for fun play. Johnny Thunder could come paired with a mini air baloon or blimp, pirates with mini ships, knights with mini siege weaponry, and Exo Force characters with mini mechs (obviously). Lastly, there was a LEGO Dinosaur on the shelf in the extended trailer, so that could be a sign that the 2012 Dinosaurs might make an apperance, with mini brick built vehicles and dinosaurs.

Finally, the game is being published through WB so some licenses are a given. So I'm just going to put in a plug for Pacific Rim characters and designs.

I'm torn on whether Collectible Minifigures would make a good addition. While they are all really cool, there is no real 'minifigure world' for them to populate or explore in game, and with limited props playing with them would require using props from other themes. Also it would kind of suck to have to spend money rebuying the figures with a stand just to play with them in game.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Obviously, Brick Daddy with a mini Lunar Limo is a must.

I'm gonna have to say Bionicle figs are incredibly unlikely. They have the body pieces to do it, but what about the masks? I highly doubt they'd make six specialized minifigure helmets for Bionicle figs just for this. Sure, if they ever want to try Bionicle playsets again, they could find some reuse value, but I would think the playsets would come before the figs for this game, not after. I'd nix Hero Factory for not being a current line, but that would be hypocritical with my suggestion of Brick Daddy. Instead, I'm going to nix it because it just didn't seem to generate much lasting appeal the way lines like Ninjago have.

Johnny Thunder would be pretty neat; he's a bit of a LEGO classic, after all.

Anybody?

Strider Hiryu from the Strider series. It's unlikely, but if it happened, I promise I'll choke a kraken to get whatever I need to play as him in Lego Dimensions. Here's another long shot, but Dragon Ball Z would also be enough to convince me to get the game.

But if we're gonna be realistic here, then BIONICLE, Exo-Force, and maybe Hero Factory.

mindeth the cobwebs

I mean Gen 1 characters probably would just cause confusion for newer fans that only know of Gen 2 and well, they would be LEGO's target audience for this, not old fans like myself.

- JMJ 2015

The thing with video games, and toys too is the they don't target just kids. Toy makes have to make toys that parents will want to buy for their children. That is why some toy makers have a nostalgic flavor to some of their lines. LEGO would be smart to have some classic castle fun packs next to the Ninjago packs. I know for me the apple of doing something with my children while I can is strong.

The thing is, appealing to nostalgia only works if a decent part of the audience for your product would even HAVE any nostalgia for what you're referencing. Of the potential customers for Lego Dimensions, the number of G1 Bionicle fans makes up a tiny percentage... and they wouldn't come close to outweighing the number of G2 fans in the actual target audience who could be confused or put off by strange Bionicle characters they've never seen or heard of. Better to feature G2 characters, who would appeal to both old AND new fans and would have synergy with Lego's other current products and media.

I'm gonna have to say Bionicle figs are incredibly unlikely. They have the body pieces to do it, but what about the masks? I highly doubt they'd make six specialized minifigure helmets for Bionicle figs just for this. Sure, if they ever want to try Bionicle playsets again, they could find some reuse value, but I would think the playsets would come before the figs for this game, not after. I'd nix Hero Factory for not being a current line, but that would be hypocritical with my suggestion of Brick Daddy. Instead, I'm going to nix it because it just didn't seem to generate much lasting appeal the way lines like Ninjago have.

Oh, I'm aware that Bionicle's inclusion is probably a long shot. But then again: it's probably more likely than playsets, given that playsets were never all that successful. It's also very possibly more likely than getting an actual dedicated Bionicle console game, particularly for anything more than handheld systems.

And as for the possibility of minifigures, I can't see anything other than those or tiny stands with the normal working with this game—it's not like full-scale figures would work, not without having to rebuy those figures along with another ludicrously expensive starter set to allow for larger bases for the figures. Plus, even if ever did get playsets, it's entirely possible that the characters will have moved onto other, less iconic forms for the Toa by that point (if not shifted the cast entirely). The lack of Toa Mata minifigures in the classic theme is one of the main reasons I'd like to hold onto any hope for getting figures of the iconic new Toa, no matter how unlikely. And at this point, Lego Dimensions might be the least unlikely way for it to happen.

Edited by Lyichir

Oh, I'm aware that Bionicle's inclusion is probably a long shot. But then again: it's probably more likely than playsets, given that playsets were never all that successful. It's also very possibly more likely than getting an actual dedicated Bionicle console game, particularly for anything more than handheld systems.

And as for the possibility of minifigures, I can't see anything other than those or tiny stands with the normal working with this game—it's not like full-scale figures would work, not without having to rebuy those figures along with another ludicrously expensive starter set to allow for larger bases for the figures. Plus, even if ever did get playsets, it's entirely possible that the characters will have moved onto other, less iconic forms for the Toa by that point (if not shifted the cast entirely). The lack of Toa Mata minifigures in the classic theme is one of the main reasons I'd like to hold onto any hope for getting figures of the iconic new Toa, no matter how unlikely. And at this point, Lego Dimensions might be the least unlikely way for it to happen.

I mean, if they aren't going to do Bionicle playsets at all, then that just makes getting Toa figs for this even more unlikely. At that point, they're making six unique molds for one-time figures for this game that, without playsets, they're never going to use again. Considering both the Bionicle reboot and this game are somewhat risky moves for LEGO, combining the two with the addition of expensive new molds they're not going to use afterwards seems like a poor idea.

Personally I don't understand why they just don't sell the stands on their own, so that anyone with a figure for the character can play them in. Then all I need to scan Tahu into the Bionicle world is an extra pair of special feet.

The argument against that, I suspect, is that not everyone has the figures. But I don't see why they couldn't sell some packs with the figures/bricks and cheaper ones without - all it would take is to produce a few more stands and a little extra packaging.

I mean, if they aren't going to do Bionicle playsets at all, then that just makes getting Toa figs for this even more unlikely. At that point, they're making six unique molds for one-time figures for this game that, without playsets, they're never going to use again. Considering both the Bionicle reboot and this game are somewhat risky moves for LEGO, combining the two with the addition of expensive new molds they're not going to use afterwards seems like a poor idea.

Well, we already know of ONE unique mold we're unlikely to see again (the Back to the Future hoverboard). I would think that Bionicle masks, being based on Lego's own original IP, would have even more chance for reuse. I'm not saying that there will NEVER be Bionicle playsets, after all—but if we were going to get any this year, we'd know about it by now. Heck, minifigure-scale masks could even potentially be reused in other Bionicle sets themselves, perhaps as decoration on a villain like Hero Factory's Witch Doctor.

Look, I know we've got a snowball's chance in of this happening—Bionicle will most likely never get playsets, and never get minifigures, and never show up in Lego Dimensions. And I know if it were anyone else suggesting something that preposterous, I'd probably be the first person to point out how unrealistic it is (I've done so in this very topic, with the suggestion of the slightly-less-realistic return of G1 characters). But while we've gotten terrible Hordika figs and slightly-better Inika and Piraka and Mahri and Barraki figures, and even gotten awesome Hero Factory figures with masks that regular minifigures can wear, we've never gotten anything close for the Toa Mata, and so I'd like to at least pretend that we have a chance at it this time around. Just let me have this.

• Upvote 1

Well, we already know of ONE unique mold we're unlikely to see again (the Back to the Future hoverboard). I would think that Bionicle masks, being based on Lego's own original IP, would have even more chance for reuse. I'm not saying that there will NEVER be Bionicle playsets, after all—but if we were going to get any this year, we'd know about it by now. Heck, minifigure-scale masks could even potentially be reused in other Bionicle sets themselves, perhaps as decoration on a villain like Hero Factory's Witch Doctor.

You know, the Toa's masks aren't really that large in proportion to the body, nor do they have excrucatingly small details. So would the masks have to be a new mold? Couldn't they just be a face print instead?

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

You know, the Toa's masks aren't really that large in proportion to the body, nor do they have excrucatingly small details. So would the masks have to be a new mold? Couldn't they just be a face print instead?

I know I've pretty much just been a debbie downer this entire topic but i reeeeeally dont think Bionicle mask face prints would work very well at all.

I know I've pretty much just been a debbie downer this entire topic but i reeeeeally dont think Bionicle mask face prints would work very well at all.

They could have the game stand with a mask, just a mask and something to hold it up. Really there is no need to have a figure of who yout playing as.

You are their rock.

They could have the game stand with a mask, just a mask and something to hold it up. Really there is no need to have a figure of who yout playing as.

While that's true, and would be exceptionally easy for them to do... a great deal of the "magic" of toys-to-life games comes from the illusion that the character you "scan in" is the character you play as.

And yeah, I agree with Dina, printed faces would not work that well. Detail is relative, especially in a crossover game like this—a Tahu or Kopaka whose face had LESS molded detail than the Ninja of Ninjago would stick out like a sore thumb.

I want to see the bosses from lego racers appear. They could all come with their signature racecars and a few accessories such as: 

• Captain Redbeard with a cutlass and a treasure map.
  • King Kahuka with a shield that has a tribal design and a spear.
  • Basil the Batlord with a bat staff, sword and his classic cape. 
  • Johnny Thunder with a backpack, pickaxe, shovel, revolver and a baby t-rex. 
  • Lord Baron Von Barron (AKA Sam Sinister, AKA Lord Sam Sinister) with a revolver and a red crystal. 
  • Gypsy Moth with her classic gear and a green crystal.
  • Rocket Racer with a gold trophy. 
  • Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

While that's true, and would be exceptionally easy for them to do... a great deal of the "magic" of toys-to-life games comes from the illusion that the character you "scan in" is the character you play as.

And yeah, I agree with Dina, printed faces would not work that well. Detail is relative, especially in a crossover game like this—a Tahu or Kopaka whose face had LESS molded detail than the Ninja of Ninjago would stick out like a sore thumb.

Chibi Toa maybe?

You are their rock.

With Minecraft being a toy line they could probably get that in there.Lets just hope fnaf doesn't get any part in this.(an ender dragon boss battle could be cool)

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Actually, something just occurred to me. From the looks of it, the "Toy Pad" for scanning the Lego Dimensions characters seems to be able to detect figures anywhere on the base, with only the Portal construction limiting the space the figures occupy (and possibly centering the current character in a particular spot, which may or may not be important). With that in mind, it would be entirely possible to release a "giant" portal expansion that can be attached to the existing Toy Pad to allow for larger figures, be they bigfigs like Hulk or the Goblin King or larger vehicles.

That said, I doubt we'd see anything like full-scale Bionicle figures to scan in. There's a reason why all the current "fun packs" are limited to single figs and exclusive mini-models. No one would want to rebuy an entire Toa set just to have a duplicate with a base, and there's no chance of the bases being added to mainline sets due to the added cost.

it's highly unlikey, like, obviously impossible but...

junkbot, please.

HECK YES

Junkbot is god at this point.

Yeah let's be real here why even Lego anymore just give us everything junkbot.

Interestingly, for as many characters as there are out there, most of the ones I would want to see are original Lego characters, because they're just so unique and interesting.

I'd like to see Link/Zelda, Spiderman 2099, Junkbot, Jim Spaceborn & Keko, Johnny Thunder, Vladek, Robocop (a long shot, I know), and tons of others.

Or not, we could always just get another Kai...

Stone armor Ninja from the end of the Rebooted saga.

You are their rock.

Stone armor Ninja from the end of the Rebooted saga.

While I want those as minifigures as well, I think LEGO Dimensions would not be the best platform for it, especially since the Ninja already exist as characters in it. There are plenty of characters who AREN'T already in LEGO Dimensions that future expansion packs could turn to before they start dipping into alternate costumes for the characters they already have.

Even strictly looking at the themes that are already covered in the game, I can easily name plenty of potential new characters like Sensei Wu, Lloyd, Superman, Green Lantern, Frodo, Aragorn, Vitruvius, and President Business. Branching out into other current themes, it'd be cool to bring in Naida and Aira from LEGO Elves, Captain Redbeard and Governor Hacienda from LEGO Pirates, Chase McCain from LEGO City, and at least one LEGO Friends character.

LEGO Friends and LEGO Elves would offer a chance to expand the game's diversity by including more female characters as well as more racially diverse characters. Unfortunately, neither Andrea nor Azari (the most significant girls of color from each theme) currently have any sort of vehicle to her name, something hopefully future sets might correct.