Surprised this doesn't exist. Anyway, with the new trailer for the movie recently out, and the movie only four months away, who's read the books? More importantly, who's excited for the movie?

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

blue=taken, red=in progress

I've read all the books twice, and strangly enough, my moms friend wants me to watch it with her when it comes out, because her kids are too young and her husband doesn't want to.it is exciting, but considering how gory the books were, the movie might be kinda... graphic

Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

They're shooting for a PG-13 rating on the movie, and I believe they removed some of the more suggestive stuff.Blood and Gore has no guarantee though. Probably turned down, but the trailer is amazing. It's so... powerful.

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

I don't think the violence in the movie will be an issue. The director is apparently trying to avoid another "Battle Royale" controversy, so it'll probably be turned down. What I don't like is that they seem to be softening the grit of the story for audiences. You see district 12? It doesn't look great, but it's miles away from what was in the book. The people really look off, too. For a shorter person who grew up in a slum, Jennifer Lawrence looks about a decade older than the rest of the cast, again softening the blow (although her performance will probably be great- just, for the film's sake, they probably could've gotten someone else). And Gale looks like a supermodel. This is making the book's hardness go down, when it should've gone, if anywhere, up.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Mhmm. Peeta actually looks a bit like I pictured him, but yeah. District 12 needs to be poorer. The officers(Forget their names) look like some cross between Robocop and a soldier. No likey.

I'm slightly more than half way through the first book, and so far I'm not that impressed. The writing is poor at times, the premise has been done before, and the themes (if there are any) have been done better in other works. It's a morbid book and that seems to be about it. But I'm only half way. Maybe the next half makes it more worthwhile.I'll probably end up watching the movie anyway. Maybe it can improve on the book's flaws by toning down the violence (which HAS to happen if it wants a PG-13 rating) and adding a little more substance.

Mhmm. Peeta actually looks a bit like I pictured him, but yeah. District 12 needs to be poorer. The officers(Forget their names) look like some cross between Robocop and a soldier. No likey.

Bare in mind that there were maybe five shots of District 12 in the trailer. And most of them were of the square which Katniss describes in the book as being the best looking place in the district. Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

The first half is quite boring. It really picks up when it gets to the arena, and I do agree that sometimes the writing gets me confused/

I'm a big fan of the series (The first especially) so naturally I'm stoked for this movie. I gotta disagree with you guys on one point though, I'd only put the violence in the books at a PG-13 level anyway. Don't get me wrong, they're quite disturbing, and in no way for kids, but it's not the graphic depictions of the violence that make it that way as much as it is the general idea of these kids killing each other. That's not what boosts movies to an R-rating.Think of it this way. If The Dark Knight (sequel to Batman Begins) can get away with a PG-13, The Hunger Games most certainly can. I'm not underestimating how disturbing these books can be to certain audiences, but I know how these films work.

exo-toa_battle.jpg

In my opinion, Catching Fire has the best cliffhanger known to me. I read it after Mockingjay came out, but I can only imagine the suspense if you read that right after it came out, and Mockingjay was far off. The trailer is very powerful; it shows scenes from the parts before entering the arena, and, in my opinion, Peeta actually looks somewhat like how I pictured him.

Mighty fine book series; surprisingly diverse in its appeal. I only discovered them last year, and I loved them. My sister did too, and we both loved them. The stream of consciousness style is great, the first person present tense really adds a fun layer to reading. The second book got kinda boring in the beginning, but then it picked back up. Katniss' ultimate romantic choice was also rather predictable, but was still well done, and the third book is awesomely trippy in its own right. My one real complaint is that it's tragically short; the pace is alarmingly fast, and three books is practically nothing in the end, which is just sad. I started perusing an unofficial companion guide the other day, which actually looked to offer an interesting read, but because the series is so short, it didn't have quite the worldliness of, say, Harry Potter, even if was more complete.The movie also looks pretty good too; I'm a bit skeptical on some of the casting choices, but others are spot-on, so I think it'll be a good movie on the whole. I can easily see it getting a PG-13 rating without toning anything down; it's not super gory, at least not moreso than most movies these days. The most recent trailer makes it look amazing; really captures the gritty feel of it, but also adding a sort of glossy layer that the narration provided for me. Definitely looking forward to it.

I'm going with Dorek's summary. It felt a little too fast at times so you don't get a complete look at the entire world. It would have been awesome to get some back story on the other districts as well, but they're kinda ignored until the end of the series. I really enjoyed the first and second book, but I can't say the final one was my favorite. I felt like the author wasted a lot of time during the first half, and then when things picked up in the second, it ended so quickly without too much resolution for other characters, besides Katnis, Peta and Gale.But don't get me wrong, the series is intense, full of emotional moments where you can sit back and think about their world. And the action in the first book is some of the best I've ever read, with a good ending.Here's hoping she writes a companion book for the series. That'd be cool. :3

I read all the books, and I gotta say, not bad! (for a post-apocalyptic series).The ending was a little sonfusing, and quite bittersweet, but they're written very well.And, yeah. Movie. I saw the trailer, and they got the right actress for Katniss, and everything seems pretty legit.I just hope it stands up to the book's quality. It's the type of series that can either be an absolute ownedagefest, or an absolute bomb.Don't screw this up, Hollywood. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

I read all the books, and I gotta say, not bad! (for a post-apocalyptic series).

I'm going to nitpick and say that the series isn't really post apocalyptic (even if it as advertised that way), and more along the lines of dystopian science fiction.I finished the first book. The beginning was okay and I enjoyed the last part, but everything in the middle seemed to lag a bit. Maybe I'm just soft, but I don't really enjoy reading about a bunch of kids killing eachother unless there's something else to offer. And until the last part there really wasn't much else.What's the sequel about? The end of book one didn't really suggest there was more to the story.
BZPRPG

It's only loosely inspired by Battle Royale, the plot is pretty different.But because of that it loses the whole Lord of the Flies impact because of how it's set up.Teeny trash books will be teeny trash books.

The second and third books really delve more into that emotional side of things, the first book is more of a hook. I'd hesitate to call them "teen-y trash books". That's mostly leftover cynicism from Twilight. I'm actually surprised they did so well in an environment that has essentially been dominated by polar opposite franchises - Harry Potter and Twilight.

I read all the books, and I gotta say, not bad! (for a post-apocalyptic series).

I'm going to nitpick and say that the series isn't really post apocalyptic (even if it as advertised that way), and more along the lines of dystopian science fiction.I finished the first book. The beginning was okay and I enjoyed the last part, but everything in the middle seemed to lag a bit. Maybe I'm just soft, but I don't really enjoy reading about a bunch of kids killing eachother unless there's something else to offer. And until the last part there really wasn't much else.What's the sequel about? The end of book one didn't really suggest there was more to the story.
The setting is post-apocalyptic, the story is dystopian, but yeah.I think the action middle is pretty necessary. There's not much of a way else to deliver the premise, and it's definitely thrilling to read about.The sequels focus more on the struggles with the Capitol; the second book basically shows the cruel world in which they live, and how the Capitol is their true enemy, and the third focuses on the resulting war.

Now, not that HP isn't bad, it's magnificent(but that's for another topic). However, it is has romance, yes, but that takes a slight backseat to the action and other emotions. I would never call it a 'teeny-trash book.' You could compare it to Coldplay, as they are both largely different from the other genres that dominate the pop culture scene today, but are still successful.