Are we just not gonna pay attention to those moons?

(Never saw anything about this on here, but if so, close thread. Also, not sure if this should go in Storyline or General Discussion, so please move if necessary.)

So I was looking at stuffs on the internet and came across this picture: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4f/09/53/4f09537b12cad24714438d596722895c.jpg

But I noticed something... there are two moons in the background... TWO... MOONS. Anyone think this is gonna effect the story or and predictions as to what this might be?

• Upvote 3

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Some people believe that it's just a throwback/homage/reference to G1 without having any actual significance. That's my standpoint, personally.

At this point we don't know enough about the story for any legitimate theorization on the moons.

• Upvote 3

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Some people believe that it's just a throwback/homage/reference to G1 without having any actual significance. That's my standpoint, personally.

At this point we don't know enough about the story for any legitimate theorization on the moons.

That's something I don't think many people seem to comprehend about G2's story so far. They're expect so much and getting mad just because there's not much of a story so far. That's the thing, we don't know. For all we know (this is just an example), Okoto could be located on Spherus Magna, and CCBS might be in use because that's what Spherus Magna's inhabitants look like (I know that's probably not the case, but then again, it's just an example of how much we don't know).

|

Personally, I think that the moons are just there for decoration, but foreshadowing has been displayed on box art and such before(I once heard in a barraki review that on the canisters were the shadows of the Toa Mahri, or vice versa), So I suppose it wouldn't be a stretch to say the two moons had something to do with the storyline in the future.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Interesting. I don't have much to say on the matter that hasn't been said already, though.

EDIT:  I'll be sure to keep my eyes on this topic, see if it goes anywhere.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

There are a lot more than just two moons (planets?). If you watch Prophecy of Heroes, the wall glyphs detail six! One for each element, it would seem. And many other animations and packages display them in the skies both frequently and prominently.

As for what they mean, one theory I've seen is that the Toa originate on these planets, as there would seem to be one of each element. Maybe there are entire races of elemental masters upon each? :o

I'm also going to throw out the possibility that the planets need to somehow be reunited, G1 Reformation style. But really, at this point, we don't have enough information to concoct any really good theories yet. (Or do we? Prove me wrong, everyone. :P )

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

There are a lot more than just two moons (planets?). If you watch Prophecy of Heroes, the wall glyphs detail six! One for each element, it would seem. And many other animations and packages display them in the skies both frequently and prominently.

As for what they mean, one theory I've seen is that the Toa originate on these planets, as there would seem to be one of each element. Maybe there are entire races of elemental masters upon each? :o

I'm also going to throw out the possibility that the planets need to somehow be reunited, G1 Reformation style. But really, at this point, we don't have enough information to concoct any really good theories yet. (Or do we? Prove me wrong, everyone. :P )

2017: Okoto confirmed new Spherus Magna

|

2 moons seem to have a deliberate indication of an alien world in media. Did Mata Nui display two moons in its sky? If this is thought to be a retelling of the original story that had 3 celestial bodies it can make sense. Also as mentioned the Toa came from planetoids (comets I think in story) so there is that part of the story as well.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Ones secretly a planet buster, and Tahu will have to use a modified Toa canister to fly up there and destroy it, only to realize at the last second that LOSS sabatoged it. Tahu dies a hero and a quantum wave washes over the planet, granting the surviving Toa new bodies.

Give yourselves a thumbs up if you know what I was referencing.

• Upvote 5

No, we are not going to pay attention to them at all. They are not important.

:P

Exactly. Probably just box art decorations. Or an easter egg homage to G1.

:P

Yeah, I got nothing. The planets might have something - like I can imagine a plane/spaceship dropping the Toa on the island, but having twin moons...it actually doesn't strike me as significant right off hand. Unless they are eyes for some massive space monster the Toa have to defeat in 2017 or somthing.

Ones secretly a planet buster, and Tahu will have to use a modified Toa canister to fly up there and destroy it, only to realize at the last second that LOSS sabatoged it. Tahu dies a hero and a quantum wave washes over the planet, granting the surviving Toa new bodies.

Give yourselves a thumbs up if you know what I was referencing.

Beast Wars end of season 1 start of season 2 the Transmetal/Fuzors. Episode "Aftermath" if I am not mistaken...
  • Upvote 1

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Ones secretly a planet buster, and Tahu will have to use a modified Toa canister to fly up there and destroy it, only to realize at the last second that LOSS sabatoged it. Tahu dies a hero and a quantum wave washes over the planet, granting the surviving Toa new bodies.Give yourselves a thumbs up if you know what I was referencing.

Beast Wars end of season 1 start of season 2 the Transmetal/Fuzors. Episode "Aftermath" if I am not mistaken...
We have a winner everyone! Good job.

But no, I don't think we should ignore the moons, they may be a major consideration down the road.

Edited by Decepticonwarrior

Regarding the "moons"—is it not possible that those are just two of the six planetary bodies from the prophecy of the Toa? In the animations themselves, in fact, you can see THREE such objects as the Toa fall to Okoto. So that makes me doubt that the two moons are meant to link the cosmology of the new canon directly with that of the old (though of course the use of just two on the boxart for the Skull Villains could still be a nod to the old canon).

As a side note, I personally suspect that the "planetary alignment" depicted in the animations could very well relate to the use of the Mask of Time to summon the Toa. If such an alignment were necessary for the Toa to reach Okoto, it's not unthinkable that the Protectors could, in their desperation, have decided to slow the flow of time on Okoto itself in order to hasten the conditions that would bring the Toa there.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Well, maybe the planet has two moons. Nothing extraordinary.

And about the six planets seen in the animations, carved in stone...are you really serious? It's just in-story art, for heck's sake.

(If that is proven wrong in the future, I'll accept anything you can throw at me).

At first I assumed that it was two of the planets shown in the animation. But then I started to question why it was just two planets. 

I think that this double moon thing is more than likely canon, however its significance is still undetermined. It could have a major role in the future, or it could be one of those bits of trivia thrown in here and there. 

But it does add an outlandish feel to Okoto, which I guess is the purpose. 

bZpOwEr

Those "moons" are almost certainly just two of the six planets that we have seen in the skies of Okoto.

(Yes, they are canon; they are shown in the animations above the Temple of Time.)

If you look at the scene where the Toa comets crash land on Okoto, you see two differently coloured planets in the same "overlapping" configuration of the two "moons" shown in the sky. So we are paying attention to the "moons" - they are the same objects that we have been discussing since the animation showing the six planets came out. :P

I imagine that the planets appear white on box art for artistic simplicity, or because the brightness of Okoto's daylight disguises their varying colours. That we always see the two planets may be because LEGO want a consistent (and easy to copy-paste) backdrop.

• Upvote 2
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

I'm paying attention to them. Whether they're going to play something big in the story or not, it's an interesting thing to think about at the moment. The two moons are on the packages of the stone characters and all of the Skull Villains. You can see high-res images of the villain boxes here.

What if there's gonna be a Majora's Mask like twist and they have to reach the Mask of Creation before the moons hit Okoto?

|

Interesting idea, though I don't know what that is. Sounded like something from Link and Legend of Zelda. Could you imagine the effect these other planets would have on the gravity and other aspects of life on Okoto if they were orbiting so close to the planet at risk of actually crashing onto it? I mean just having two moons would reek all kinds of havoc on the tides alone.

Onua.png

I'm paying attention to them. Whether they're going to play something big in the story or not, it's an interesting thing to think about at the moment. The two moons are on the packages of the stone characters and all of the Skull Villains. You can see high-res images of the villain boxes here.

What if there's gonna be a Majora's Mask like twist and they have to reach the Mask of Creation before the moons hit Okoto?

That probably won't ever happen. However, it's possible, but I still highly doubt it. If there is to be some story revelation with the moons, it'd more likely be something to do with visual allignment than gravitational pull. We aren't far in the story, so that's what I'm assuming from how we saw the celestial bodies shown in the animations.

That probably won't ever happen. However, it's possible, but I still highly doubt it. If there is to be some story revelation with the moons, it'd more likely be something to do with visual allignment than gravitational pull. We aren't far in the story, so that's what I'm assuming from how we saw the celestial bodies shown in the animations.

I was making a joke, but yeah, I agree.

|

I was actually thinking about a 'Majora's Mask-like' twist to go with the moons. You just beat me to saying it. :P

Though with the Temple of Time on Okoto, the Toa could just use it to go back in time again and again until they save the island, like Link does in the game....

I'm joking, of course. I agree with Rooster Nui in that something like this probably wouldn't happen in the story. Though I wouldn't mind the Gen 2 Toa exploring one or more of them sometime in the future storyline. I think they could be interesting locations for the Toa to go to.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

WAIT... what if the moons are like the Red Star? And every time a protector dies, they're sent to their respective planet? :o

Okay, that's enough theorising for today. ;)

Seriously, you might be onto something... though I personally doubt this as well. Perhaps when the story evolves a bit, it may seem to be a clear possibility.

• Upvote 2

WAIT... what if the moons are like the Red Star? And every time a protector dies, they're sent to their respective planet? :o

Okay, that's enough theorising for today. ;)

Seriously, you might be onto something... though I personally doubt this as well. Perhaps when the story evolves a bit, it may seem to be a clear possibility.

...what if this is just going to be a simplified plot line of G1? And all those planets were all from the same planet Okoto is on.

But I'd say the Red Star Theory (we're calling it this now) is a lot better.

|

I like the sound of the Red Star Theory, but is does seem a bit far fetched ...It seems to me that Lego isn't quite intent on bringing back the storyline from G1(Except for the Protectors).

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

I like the sound of the Red Star Theory, but is does seem a bit far fetched ...It seems to me that Lego isn't quite intent on bringing back the storyline from G1(Except for the Protectors).

I'm not saying it's ACTUALLY the Red Star, but will act as a Red Star (hence the name Red Star Theory).

|

That's something I don't think many people seem to comprehend about G2's story so far. They're expect so much and getting mad just because there's not much of a story so far. That's the thing, we don't know. For all we know (this is just an example), Okoto could be located on Spherus Magna, and CCBS might be in use because that's what Spherus Magna's inhabitants look like (I know that's probably not the case, but then again, it's just an example of how much we don't know).

I agree.. There's not that much substance to G2 yet, and I think trying to force the canon to expand or assigning it to be an extention of the G1 canon is kinda silly... If Lego hasn't said anything about it, I'm gonna chalk it up to cool box design.

Like those things in the Toa Nuva rising promo art, in the protodermis with Tahu :P Were those things ever mentioned again officially or farshtey-wise?

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

I agree.. There's not that much substance to G2 yet, and I think trying to force the canon to expand or assigning it to be an extention of the G1 canon is kinda silly... If Lego hasn't said anything about it, I'm gonna chalk it up to cool box design.

Like those things in the Toa Nuva rising promo art, in the protodermis with Tahu :P Were those things ever mentioned again officially or farshtey-wise?

Right right, but it's still fun to try and guess what's going to happen. Also, do you have a pic you could share of the Toa Nuva Rising promo art? I'd like to know which you're speaking of?

Edited by Forgeta

|

Right right, but it's still fun to try and guess what's going to happen. Also, do you have a pic you could share of the Toa Nuva Rising promo art? I'd like to know which you're speaking of?

http://www.bzpower.com/galimage.php?galimage=/Imaging/stories/bumps_enhanced.jpg

Those

http://www.bzpower.com/galimage.php?galimage=/Imaging/stories/bumps_enhanced.jpg

Those

I thought those were the other toa, still being melded into nuva form?

|

Those

I thought those were the other toa, still being melded into nuva form?

That is what I surmised from just now seeing the cropped image. Do we have a larger image with Tahu showing these things to confirm?

Onua.png