2008 Serials in Chronological Order

Note: Takanuva's Blog is not included because of the nature of its writing. The first person perspective makes it difficult to include with the other third person chapters. The Mutran Chronicles are an exception to this, as they do not take place with other chapters simultaneously, thus the perspective is maintained. 

Alright, this is how I spent the past few rainy days.

What I have for you all is a document containing all of the 2008 serials organized in chronological order (by the chapter, not the individual serial). This way, the serials can be read as if they were a continuing book and not having one serial end in one point in time, only to be picked up by the next one set earlier before that (this applies to reading through the Online Serials topic). 

The result is a whopping 115 page Google Doc. The first 50 or so are in order as they appear in the Online Serials topic, featuring the Mutran Chronicles, a portion of Brothers in Arms, Federation of Fear, and Dark Mirror (DM is grouped early on due to the inability to connect its events with those of the Core Universe). 

Note that this is not completely accurate due to the nature of the time progression in the serials, but this is as close as I could come. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KEusjzIOC3G26T61wMgSv1q0l_Mc1q559Rl_DV3l7x0/edit?usp=sharing

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

I remember toying around with the order of the 2008 serials, and even started mapping out their chronological position in relation to the comics and books! I wonder if I still have that around...

I once asked Greg if he had a timeline himself for 2008, but he told me that he just wrote without worrying about how things tied together.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

I remember toying around with the order of the 2008 serials, and even started mapping out their chronological position in relation to the comics and books! I wonder if I still have that around...

I once asked Greg if he had a timeline himself, but he told me that he just wrote without worrying about how things tied together.

If you could find it, it would be most helpful. This here is ordered based off just the context within the chapters, so another source to confirm, and edit accordingly, would be nice to have.  

bZpOwEr

That's just a timeline. This is the serials organized as if they were a continuous book.

Yeah, I get the difference. What I'm saying is that if you want to expand it or place it within the rest of the story, it may be of use. 

Or it may not.

That's just a timeline. This is the serials organized as if they were a continuous book.

Yeah, I get the difference. What I'm saying is that if you want to expand it or place it within the rest of the story, it may be of use.

Or it may not.

Oh, okay. Sorry, I misunderstood that.

Anyway I'll keep that in consideration, thank you.

bZpOwEr

The serials and written podcasts for Bionicle are some of the best things about it IMO; thanks for doing this. Do you think something similar could be done for the other serials and podcasts that came after, or are they more neatly ordered than 2008?

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

The serials and written podcasts for Bionicle are some of the best things about it IMO; thanks for doing this. Do you think something similar could be done for the other serials and podcasts that came after, or are they more neatly ordered than 2008?

No problem! 

I suppose that I could make a document for '07 and '09 in a few days or so. Shouldn't be too hard, seeing that 2009 isn't centered around one small time frame and 2007 only has two (three if you include the Toa Nuva Blog) serials.  

bZpOwEr

• 2 weeks later...