Bionicle 2015 Set Opinions?

SaikoRhythm

Just got back... These new guys have a hefty price tag.

I got Gali, Onua, and their respective Protectors. Gonna buy one more Toa and Protector, then I'll probably get the Lord of Skull Spiders. Might get the rest of the Toa/Protectors, but I might just wait for the summer line. Unsure.

Pick up all the Toa at least. I think they are the best Toa-level sets I've ever built. Though I do agree that they are a bit pricey... Maybe wait for a sale?

-NotS

While they may seem pricy, the overall price of 2015's sets is relatively small, compared to previous years. Look at 2008, with all those vehicles... Yeah, frankly, I think that the $270 for 2015 Bionicle is pretty fortunate.

• Upvote 1

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

at least their using brown again, not yellow or grey.

I didn't mind the yellow and orange colors of the 2006–2008 stone sets, due to the classic brown and tan basically being shades of yellow and orange anyway (and some of the Po-Matoran characters even LOOKING more yellow or orange than tan in the BIONICLE movies). Truth be told, Pohatu's color in 2001 didn't exactly fit in. Every other Toa's colors felt very bright/pure, while Pohatu's was more dingy-looking.

But I agree that Dark Orange is a perfect middle ground between the vibrant Bright Orange of the 2008 Pohatu and the rather drab (compared to his teammates) Earth Orange of the original 2001 Pohatu and 2002 Pohatu Nuva. Hopefully it will be popular enough that they can continue using it for stone sets in the long term and won't have to change it every couple years. It goes great with the other 2015 Toa colors, neither outshining nor being outshined by them.

• Upvote 2