Who Will Attack the Lord of Skull Spiders?

Recently a new poll has gone up on the LEGO Club website asking people to help decide the path of the Bionicle story! From the page:

To gain access to the Okoto's most ancient, ruined city, our heroes have to drive off the Lord of the Skull Spiders and his minions... but he's a terrifying adversary, with power and agility to match the strongest Toa.

Fortunately the Master and Protector can fuse to form a Super-Toa capable of meeting any challenge! Which of the elemental teams has the strength to drive the enemy away? Or do you think that one of Toa can maximise their special abilities?

So go cast your vote and help move the story along!

View the full article

• Upvote 4

Well, this is just confusing. Not only has the LoSS been defeated, but the Toa and protectors don't even HAVE fusions. The combo models are just the protectors giving the Toa some of their equipment.

• Upvote 2

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

Well, this is just confusing. Not only has the LoSS been defeated, but the Toa and protectors don't even HAVE fusions. The combo models are just the protectors giving the Toa some of their equipment.

I think that the Lord of Skull Spiders probably survived and will return later.

As for the combo models (or "Super-Toa"), the Lego Club website posted the instructions for Tahu and Kopaka (and will probably post the rest at some point), and the Onua model can be found in the iOS version of the game.

I think that the Lord of Skull Spiders probably survived and will return later.

As for the combo models (or "Super-Toa"), the Lego Club website posted the instructions for Tahu and Kopaka (and will probably post the rest at some point), and the Onua model can be found in the iOS version of the game.

Oh, right! I totally forgot about those! Still not too sure on the whole 'LoSS' surviving a huge fall into the abyss' thing, but who knows? Maybe he bounces.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

Ugh, I don't get why we need a Club account to vote. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Recently a new poll has gone up on the LEGO Club website asking people to help decide the path of the Bionicle story! From the page:

To gain access to the Okoto's most ancient, ruined city, our heroes have to drive off the Lord of the Skull Spiders and his minions... but he's a terrifying adversary, with power and agility to match the strongest Toa.

Fortunately the Master and Protector can fuse to form a Super-Toa capable of meeting any challenge! Which of the elemental teams has the strength to drive the enemy away? Or do you think that one of Toa can maximise their special abilities?

So go cast your vote and help move the story along!

View the full article

LOL WAT

Hopefully kaitas will come back.

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Even though that all six Toa defeated and made LoSS fall into an abyss, it's very cool to see "Super-Toa", probably meaning either the Toa armed with the Protectors' equipment or they fused together with them, Kaita-style, which all of these combinations are probably not canon, like Aanchir said. I don't see how a Toa and a Protector merge together into one Toa-like being, like Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua (my guess would be that his instructions would be in the upcoming May-June Lego magazine). The Protectors couldn't go with the Toa to the city, either. However, it would be cool if LoSS could survive the fall and come back, probably would web his way back to the bridge or city. I would love to see a Round 2 for the Toa. Hopefully, the Toa could form Kaita sometime.:)

Anyway, I voted the Onua/PoE fusion because so far (only three fusions appeared), he looks so tough and powerful that he could defeat LoSS alone.:)

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Well at least TLG is checking with the fanbase before making a final decision. :P

But are they doing it because they want the fanbase to have input in the story, or because they can't decide for themselves? Or maybe both? The world may never know....

Presumably neither. There's no reason to think this poll will have any impact on the official story.

• Upvote 1

To gain access to the Okoto's most ancient... Do you think that one of Toa can maximise ...

"The Okoto", "One of Toa", looks like somebody misplaced the word "The" here. I don't normally nitpick spelling / grammar, but to find two such ones on the official Lego page?? (Oh, I just did a spell check on my post, and I guess "maximise" is also misspelt.)

I mean, clearly LoSS wasn't defeated (I'm hoping that he fell into a pit of energized protodermis and will return of Skull Spider Nuva) but still this question seems odd. Unless this does cannonize the fact that the Toa and Protectors can fuse.

:music:

To gain access to the Okoto's most ancient... Do you think that one of Toa can maximise ...

"The Okoto", "One of Toa", looks like somebody misplaced the word "The" here. I don't normally nitpick spelling / grammar, but to find two such ones on the official Lego page?? (Oh, I just did a spell check on my post, and I guess "maximise" is also misspelt.)

I mean, clearly LoSS wasn't defeated (I'm hoping that he fell into a pit of energized protodermis and will return of Skull Spider Nuva) but still this question seems odd. Unless this does cannonize the fact that the Toa and Protectors can fuse.

:music:

Those pages usually have a typo or grammatical error somewhere (the previous one made mention of "Tao Tahu" =P) so it's not too surprising. That said, maximise is acceptable in non-American English.

Regardless, it isn't actually canon, but hopefully we can do away with the general incessant need for canon for G2 anyway.

It's just a fun little poll, despite how BZP's article is worded =P. There's also a weird "club TV" page that's sort of new, but doesn't show anything we haven't seen, and improperly labeled anyway, so I didn't see much point in mentioning it.

They're gonna combine?

I honestly did not expect the combiner models to actually appear in-story. Does this mean proper Kaita are at least a possibility?

Sucks that we gotta pick one, though. Would have made a lot more sense for all the Toa to combine with their Protectors and attack all together. Though I guess the Lord of Skull Spiders would be sliiiightly outmatched there.

Edited by Dralcax

aouROFb.png

My vote went to Lewa/Jungle Protector combo. I would really like to see them face off against the Lord of Skull Spiders. 

If this were a canon poll though, I would be upset that there wasn't an option for voting for all the Toa and Protectors to work together against the LOSS. But since it isn't, I'm okay with the choices as is.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Well of-freaking-course Tahu/Protectour is winning. I bet Lego voted like 100 times on that one. <_<

• Upvote 3

"I didn't slip."

-Kopaka

Bionicle RPG Accounts:

Corpus Rahkshi: Kardenex

Kardenex, Rahkshi of Sound

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

This poll practically confirms that there will be combo models for all six Toa/Protector pairs, not just the three we've seen for the $20 Toa.  I'm excited for that!  I wonder how they'll release the instructions for the rest?  I could see Lego continuing with the one model every two months pattern, going through the summer, too, but it would be a little odd to keep focusing on the winter wave instead of the summer sets. 

• Upvote 1

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.

Maybe they all will form combiners and we're just deciding who lands the final blow.

To all BIONICLE fanfiction writers - send me your work, I'd genuinely love to read it - especially canon compliant pieces. I'm always looking for more such material to read and to circulate with my friends.

Well of-freaking-course Tahu/Protectour is winning. I bet Lego voted like 100 times on that one. <_<

Not really, why would they have to? The red sets are pretty much ALWAYS the most popular with kids. That shouldn't be a surprise to anybody at this point — Greg Farshtey told us that directly dozens of times. There's no reason to think that would have changed for G2.

Tahu isn't just the most popular of the Toa just because LEGO chose to focus on him. Rather, LEGO chose to focus on him because they knew from experience that he would be the most popular. You don't create a series of characters only to give the inevitable favorite a bit part. That's neither good business nor good storytelling.

• Upvote 2

Well I don't have a Lego Club account so I cannot vote. Still I vote for Okoto Nui even if thee LoSS would be outmatched and simply squished under the large foot. What would an Okoto Nui look like? I mean 6-Toa and 6-Protectors all fused into a single entity? That would be a Monster of Epic proportions worthy of the Mask of Ultimate Power.

On related notes:

The LoSS may have lost that battle but the war is far from over. It will be back and be royally "Wont be fresh linen". Spiders have the body structure to survive falls several hundred times their own height. Not to mention it could have fired a web and swung away to recover from this humiliating defeat. That or at all possible there was a Nest under the cliffs? I mean the area below was obstructed by fog. There is no saying the LoSS actually fell that far at all, possibly landing in a gargantuan Spider web it has spun prior to the Toa's arrival.

In all seriousness if I had to choose one Toa Protector combiner then I guess it would have to be Onua under the bias that he is my Favorite Toa. Also it would be cool to see him have the PoE's Chest shooter in his own chest or something to that effect.

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Anyone notice how the Protector of Water is referred as a male in Gali's description? "The Protector brings his own abilities and weapons as well..."

Oh boy, prepare for the rain of Hate mail...

*Hides under desk with bomb helmet*

• Upvote 2

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I wish that this poll had the interesting options of picking a combo of Toa and Protector from two different elements.

I think that would've been really cool too. Like having Tahu and the Ice Protector be a combo model, for example, could've made for an interesting combo figure for the LOSS to face.

Though if this had happened there would've been 42 options to choose from, and that would've made voting in this poll really hard due to all the awesome combinations that could've been made. :)

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Anyone notice how the Protector of Water is referred as a male in Gali's description? "The Protector brings his own abilities and weapons as well..." 

Yeah, it's annoying, and as much as some people have hoped that some of the OTHER Protectors might be female, if it turns out the Protector of Water truly is male, then I doubt there's any silver lining — just a tremendous missed opportunity.

Funny how out of all the Protectors, the Protector of Water is the only one referred to by a pronoun. So we still don't know the genders of 4 of the Protectors. I'm going to just guess they're all male for now, though.

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Well that does end the question about genders and the passing of the Masks down from father to son. So it is fair to assume that all the Protectors are male now. Wait would that mean that Gali has gone the way of Smurfette and is now the only Female on the island? That can't be right now can it?

Onua.png

So apparently the Toa must work together... unless the most awesome Toa [insert name here] is on the job with their backup Protector, and then they can do it with just the two of them. And then, presumably, they fight crime.

Real consistency here!

~B~

• Upvote 3

I vote for onua, he knows how to- yeah i'm not gonna finish that line. :t

"Grab attention" - Lewa

There I finished it for you. You're welcome :D

Onua.png