Lewa & Kopaka classic & current colours

Kumata

As with Gali and Pohatu, I drew Lewa and Kopaka 2015, both in their current and their classic colours. Meant to post these here earlier but forgot, oops. Click the thumbnails to check out the full pics!

post-8134-0-04953400-1430467536_thumb.jpg

post-8134-0-28256300-1430467548_thumb.jpg

post-8134-0-22461200-1430467528_thumb.jpg

post-8134-0-01493000-1430467541_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kumata
  • Upvote 7

Wow, amazing detail here in constructing the pieces. It looks like it could go right in the instruction booklet.

Gotta say the new color scheme makes Lewa really pop, but I am really diggin' the Kopaka with classic colors. Ice blue with undertones of black always look great to me.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

This look really great just like your Prior iterations of Pohatu and Gali. Now we just need to see Tahu and Onua yes?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I already commented on Lewa on deviantART. Kopaka's pose is really nice (it and the setting really fit his lonesome attitude), but the black parts of his spear against the black background really don't work to his advantage.

Classic colors Kopaka feels rather boring to me. He might feel less so if the backdrop were not in grayscale — as it is, the picture almost looks more like a grayscale picture of a more colorful character than a color picture of a grayscale character. Also, having his shoulder armor in black against a black backdrop means that his unique silhouette becomes almost imperceptible.

But then again, I have preferred the current color versions to the classic color versions pretty consistently. The color blocking of the classic characters is pretty formulaic (one color for legs and arms, another color for torso, mask, and feet), whereas the modern color schemes are more dynamic. It's kind of like comparing the 2.0 Hero Factory sets to the Breakout sets. So even if you corrected some of the background contrast issues, I think I'd still prefer the versions with the current colors.

So I am understanding some use of the black bones as Kopaka Mata has a limited use of black as seen on his hips and shoulders. But seeing as how that is literally all he has save for a single ball on his chest it may have been better to take inspiration from the Nuva set. Especially in regards to his shoulder pads. I mean while Mata's shoulder join is a black piece, Kopaka Nuva actually has shoulder armor and they are silver; right along with his chest. Mind you that would to an extent turn the gold of Kopaka Okoto into the silver of Kopaka Nuva. This way one could see the shoulders better if you wanted to keep with the black bones. While it may seem weird what with his extra armor already having the color pallet maybe giving the bones a lighter tint akin to the actual limb color of Kopaka Mata or Nuva would make him pop better on the darker background. By the way a cold winter night (Even with only one moon) is a very nice touch. I didn't see anyone comment on the god choice.

Winter at night with the reflection of the full moon and the snow really gives off a winter cold feel that complements Kopaka well in either stage.

As for Lewa I am not really sure how I feel. I do like the Original '01 Mata color pallet though that could just be nostalgia talking as he was one of my 3 sets(Onua; Gali; Lewa) while my brother got the other 3(Tahu; Pohatu; Kopaka)

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png