#NothingWillEverBeTheSame

dbd0a6b74bcf996040877fbef7e5edbe-d8rrb97

What if there was a game like no other?

A game that stepped outside the usual cliches of ComputerRPG and Real-Time Strategy?

A game set on the most incredible island you'll ever visit?

A game you could play again, and again, and again... And each time have a completely different experience?

The OmniMyth is coming. And when it does, #NothingWillNeverBeTheSame.

Follow Fanatic Studios on Twitter for updates.​

cLT23Pz.png

omnimyth__map_of_oternia_by_bioniclefana

Oternia is a fascinating tropical island and the stunning setting of OmniMyth. This map marks out some of it's more prominent features:

Omada Tengui: Sitting above the clouds, it's inhabitants have Compassion for all things.
Omada Nerato: The sandy village that lives by Hope.
Omada Ketuma: Trust in the Great Artificer allows the forest villagers to travel swiftly on the treetops.
Okla Canyon: A winding, shady place in the middle of a roasting hot desert.
Dagatarr Mine: A huge wooden scaffold set into a cliff serves as a safe ledge for the miners.
The Apothetorium: Every year, new villagers are brought to life here by the Great Artificer.
Lake Altus: A deep and mysterious lake, which may be home to more than pondweed...
Kaan Swamp: Wading around in the mud is a severe hinderance if you're being chased by packs of wolves.
Fields of Trikalan: These rolling hills are a delightful place to play, so long as you watch out for snakes.

Follow Fanatic Studios® on Twitter for more updates. #NothingWillEverBeTheSame

cLT23Pz.png

This is certainly an interesting idea. I've often thought of trying this sort of thing myself. I've got a few questions:

1.) Why have you abandoned development of Okoto Online Game in favor of this? Was the reaction to that too tepid to merit continued development?

2.) Why is this pseudo-BIONICLE? Do you intend to make money off OmniMyth?

3.) Not to be dismissive, but why are you hyping this so early on in development? Surely promotion of this sort would be better suited to a point in time at which completion is a reasonable certainty?

4.) Obviously, anything shown is far from final, but what rationale is there for all the plot generation occurring while you play? Surely the basic plot should be laid out beforehand?

5.) Are there plans for the island's geography to be randomly generated? Surely that would add even more variety?

6.) You seem to have elemental affiliations. Will one's character have elemental powers?

7.) How long will a typical story last?

8.) Will the player be able to edit the world-gen parameters?

Cheers!

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

1. Development of OOG is not completely scrapped. We might continue it int he future, but at the moment I need to work on something that will bring money in. Bionicle is copyrighted, so OOG can't fill that position, hence the development freeze.

2. See the above about the money [:P] You ask why it's pseudo-Bionicle. I counter-ask, why not? [:P]

3. 30% of a Game Dev's time should be spent on marketing, and that time should start as soon as yu have a presentable prototype [;)] No point in having a Grande Release of your game if there are no followers to see it [:P]

4. As I said in the video, everything is very much work in progress. The world/story generator is being worked on as I speak (or, type [:P]).

5. In an ideal world, randomly-generated terrain would be the perfect companion to randomly-generated storyline. But think about it: Minecraft in itself, with low graphics and one-time generation algorithm, still causes high amounts of lag without framerate mods. Maybe in 2020, when we have much beefier computers, we can marry the two into something extraordinary.

6. The elemental connections the Auto-Sapiens have are purely environmental and cosmetic. Their true powers come from their mystical virtues of Trust, Hope, and Compassion.

7. We're still working on that. We have two options: Make a fixed storyline, that on ending sends the player to a kind of Free Roam mode, or generate new storylines generate each time a new one is finished. The problem with the latter is consistency, but we're not ruling it out yet.

8. Yes. You will have as little or as much control as you like.

Thanks for your interest [:)]

• Upvote 1

cLT23Pz.png