destroyers of Elements (quick sketches)

Rahkshi Lalonde

These are super quick, so, don't say i didn't warn you, they're sorta what i'd look for in Bionicle 2016 sets, and, idk, they'd look less same-y in set form, I'm just not very good at drawing at that detail level (they'd also use the Piston addon and the skull warrior addon in some places, but again, detail level is kept low here.)

dstricon.png

dstricon2.png

But yeah, it's late, i wanted to get these down before I fell asleep and forgot, and I am not very good at drawing at night, oops. I hope the concept is nice enough though. :u

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Upvote 8

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I like the variation of the three element destroyers, it helps them stand out and I like the fire destroyer, its shields reminds me of Tahnok, the fire bohrok. I find the coloring and outlining a little bit messy and there are a few white dots, but that's a personal nitpick I have. I also want to know what was the inspiration for the fire and jungle destroyers faces.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I like the variation of the three element destroyers, it helps them stand out and I like the fire destroyer, its shields reminds me of Tahnok, the fire bohrok. I find the coloring and outlining a little bit messy and there are a few white dots, but that's a personal nitpick I have. I also want to know what was the inspiration for the fire and jungle destroyers faces.

yeah these are... super quick and clearly need a once over to A. become more detailed/bionicle-like, and B. become tolerable as "art."

Tahnok was the main inspiration for DoF, and the face is designed to look like both the kanohi Hau, and an explosion! (inside their mouths would be a more versatile construction of a skyblaster-style launcher for shooting zamors.)

DoJ has a face made to look industriul and mean (He destroys Jungle after all), with a similar plating down the forehead as Lewa has, but a nasty red visor and a scowling grate instead of Lewa's gleeful expressionate grin.

• Upvote 1

These look pretty cool, though "Destroyers" seem like such a generic name. I know g2 is keeping things simple, but maybe like "the Swarm" or something?

Colors are nice and vibrant and I like the weapons they have. Gahlok might need some fins on its feet though, the current ones look like hooves, which doesn't fit with an aquatic creature.

These look pretty cool, though "Destroyers" seem like such a generic name. I know g2 is keeping things simple, but maybe like "the Swarm" or something?

Colors are nice and vibrant and I like the weapons they have. Gahlok might need some fins on its feet though, the current ones look like hooves, which doesn't fit with an aquatic creature.

Yeah, i was going for something along the lines of "Master of" or "Protector of" but with the negative, anti-creative notion behind it, the destroyer of jungle does, well, exactly what it says on the tin.

I was mostly drawing big color blocks, trying to not think too hard about what was what, so, the feet being hooflike would be the byproduct of the feet being drawn without me caring too much, oops. :u

(there's a second link now, provided Brickshelf hasn't been acting up for you guys like it has for me...)

• Upvote 1

You know this is known as a certain art style seen in some comics. Not everything has to be in High-Def these days. Story board art I believe is also like this. Mind you storyboards evolved into actual animations of some kind be them live action or CGI. That by no means these "have" to go the same route. These do look good and each has a unique feel to it. Nice work.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

You know this is known as a certain art style seen in some comics. Not everything has to be in High-Def these days. Story board art I believe is also like this. Mind you storyboards evolved into actual animations of some kind be them live action or CGI. That by no means these "have" to go the same route. These do look good and each has a unique feel to it. Nice work.

Well, I'm glad my ability to draw really really really fast and still have something vaguely worth showing came through this time. :U

(still gonna see what i can do to make better versions though...)

Hey, you made the destroyers of Earth/Stone and Ice! :)

The Destroyer of Stone has a pretty long piece of armor on its leg, wouldn't the part that would cover its knee if the DoS were standing upright clash with or get punctured by the white spikes on its thighs just above the kneecaps? Its left arm also looks a little weird to me since on the right arm, I can see a lime arm that doesn't show up on the left arm, it's like its chainsaw replaced the entire limb. The head seems to have taken inspiration by a Vahki, I can see the resemblance to those translucent headpieces used to build their heads and the sphere launcher is reminiscent of the Vahki's kanoka blasters.

The DoE is pretty cool, I like the purple rocks decorating its back, but its legs look vaguely like caterpillar tracks ala Kane-Ra, which isn't a bad thing, it helps him stand out from the other destroyers. Not much to say about this one, but I like it. 

The Destroyer of Ice is the coolest one of the six. Its quadruped body type helps it stand out from the crowd and I like the inclusion of sand blue, it's my favorite color. :)​  I'm not sure how it would look if you put some more metallic colors on it since its hands and body armor are the only spots of silver/grey, which may look out of place to some people since the drawing is predominantly white, light and sandy blue. 

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Hey, you made the destroyers of Earth/Stone and Ice! :)

The Destroyer of Stone has a pretty long piece of armor on its leg, wouldn't the part that would cover its knee if the DoS were standing upright clash with or get punctured by the white spikes on its thighs just above the kneecaps? Its left arm also looks a little weird to me since on the right arm, I can see a lime arm that doesn't show up on the left arm, it's like its chainsaw replaced the entire limb. The head seems to have taken inspiration by a Vahki, I can see the resemblance to those translucent headpieces used to build their heads and the sphere launcher is reminiscent of the Vahki's kanoka blasters.

The DoE is pretty cool, I like the purple rocks decorating its back, but its legs look vaguely like caterpillar tracks ala Kane-Ra, which isn't a bad thing, it helps him stand out from the other destroyers. Not much to say about this one, but I like it. 

The Destroyer of Ice is the coolest one of the six. Its quadruped body type helps it stand out from the crowd and I like the inclusion of sand blue, it's my favorite color. :)​  I'm not sure how it would look if you put some more metallic colors on it since its hands and body armor are the only spots of silver/grey, which may look out of place to some people since the drawing is predominantly white, light and sandy blue. 

stone has definitely got another arm, it's tucked up a bit and i forgot to draw through the saws chain, oops. :t

also worth saying here is that although DoE is depicted crouched over here with crab legs, it can also stand up on the folded legs within those! (theoretically of course.)

I like these, not everything has to be detailed. I like DoW the best though. I like how each has a distinctive design, helps differentiate the destroyers, and they appear worthy of the title.

And the gray doesn't seem all that out of place in DoI, it blends well with the rest of the scheme, and the entire thing has a harmony to it.

If I saw these guys on shelves, I would take all of them. Seriously, these guys look great. I love the elemental motifs you have going on, because that's where your style really shines. It doesn't have to be super clean to look great. In fact, the jagged lines add a lot to their characters.

DoF is probably one of my favorites. That mask looks really cool, and I really like how the colors are laid out. The pose is a little awkward and makes it a little difficult to really appreciate him.

The DoW has a really interesting design that just works. It really stands out from the others with its tall and lanky form and wide fins. The mask here is also really cool and I would like to see how it could look on the set. Maybe it's just the perspective, but the fins on the hands look a little awkward, and the fin on the back just seems... odd. Based on your other art, I almost thought it was hair from the coloring and lines.

DoJ seems a little more... rushed than the others, but the fantastic core design is still there. Those wide hands with the lines actually remind me of Lehvak's claw shields for some reason. I like the vines on the back as well; it could be a really cool look for the set. Probably my favorite part would be the color scheme, although the mask is pretty cool too.

DoI is definitely my favorite one. That jagged, frosty design is amazing and unique with its mantis-like construction. All those blades look really cool and fun to build with. The mask especially is just... wow. The left eye, with its many circular openings, is a great idea. And yes, sand blue is a great color. I'd buy as many of these guys as I could get.

Compared to those though, the last two don't stand out quite as much. Maybe it's just the posing, or the speed of the drawing, but I'm just not as interested in their designs. The DoS's head is pretty cool looking on its own, but it doesn't quite have the same feel as the others. The chainsaws feel a little awkward, but maybe that's the posing as well. After seeing the others, I was hoping for a stony golem with greenish energy leaking out between the cracks or something. I don't know, that was my idea.

And the DoE just seems... ungainly. It's design is kind of bulky and doesn't seem as versatile as the others. The head is difficult to pick out and doesn't seem especially unique. I do like the layered plating down the back covered in little crystal shards, and the colors look good.

I'm almost tempted to take my own stab at these guys, just because I like their design so much. I can see a few repeated builds throughout their designs to unify them, but they are all their own characters. It would be fun to try to MOC them or see some more pictures when you get the chance. And I was thinking of a few other name suggestions after the others brought it up. Maybe "Corruptors," "Ravagers," "Scavengers," or something to that effect. I guess it really depends on what kind of storyline role you had in mind.

The amount of positive feedback these have gotten is astounding, (and any crticisms, i'll let you know, I am taking to heart here,)

really i'ts always been a dream of mine to design stuff like Lego set concepts, so this is all so great to hear. c:

(here's a page of even sloppier sketches, detailing peice versatility, some posing (earth can stand!!!), and a possible alternate DoS design?)

Question, can they launch brains or parasites of some kind like the original bohrok? Also, those shells on the destroyers are more like rahkshi shells, which actually gives me an idea, why not try out recreating the rahkshi to fit in with the gen 2 universe of bionicle?

Question, can they launch brains or parasites of some kind like the original bohrok? Also, those shells on the destroyers are more like rahkshi shells, which actually gives me an idea, why not try out recreating the rahkshi to fit in with the gen 2 universe of bionicle?

these guys are sorta supposed to feel like a mix bohrok/rahkshi sorta deal.

(they launch an orb of energy from their mouths, is that close enough? o: )

I took another look at the destroyers and I can definitely see a bohrok/rahkshi hybrid in the first three destroyers, especially the DoW due to its posturing and side view, which gives a good glimpse at the the shell. The other three destroyers don't give off any vibes of the bohrok or the rahkshi, simply because they stand out a little bit too much.

Ah yes, much better! It's good to see more of the DoS and DoE. I like the DoE's design much more with this view of it. Now I can see what you were doing with it earlier. The DoS's headplate also makes a lot more sense now, and the design is very cool as well. It's still as unique, if not more so, than the old one.

Is that concept in the top right the DoW? I have to admit, I'm slightly disappointed, and yet intrigued that it isn't cycloptic. I can't decide which design I like better now.

Is that concept in the top right the DoW? I have to admit, I'm slightly disappointed, and yet intrigued that it isn't cycloptic. I can't decide which design I like better now.

Ah dang, didn't even think of DoW being seen as cyclopic, that gives it a really weird/alien head, kinda creepy. o:

(in reality it has a fish-face with hose-gills. :t)