Official 2012 Dc Super Heroes Pictures

Binary Code

I haven't seen these on BZP yet, so I thought I'd go ahead and post them.6858 Catwoman Catcycle City Chase6864 Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase6862 Superman vs Power Armour Lex6863 Batwing Battle over Gotham City6860 The BatcaveI don't think those names are official, but quite frankly, who cares. These are just the DC sets, there will be some Marvel sets in the winter release, but we haven't seen those yet. Okay guys, what do you think? One of the major complaints is that they're just rehashes of the '06 - '08 Batman sets (with the obvious exception of the Superman set). Another issue is that they seem to be rather cartoony.What about you, what do you think? An utter failure, a step in the right direction? What are your thoughts?1000101010 BC 00100011

Ick. As you pointed out, they look like nearly complete clones of the old Batman sets - the Batcave especially. Interesting to note that Bane will also be appearing in "The Dark Knight Rises" next year.I do not have high hopes for this line's overall quality.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Actually, several of these seem pretty cool. As pointed out, the Batman sets are quite similar to the old ones, but that will be a nice opportunity for those who never managed to get the originals (of course, I'm one of those, so I'm a tad biased). I'm quite glad the horrible Batman minifigure we were shown earlier isn't present--although the ones in the Catwoman and Batcave sets have the same goofy grin, they are at least a darker blue, and the other Batman minifigure is pure awesome. The new Joker is miles better than the old one, but I preferred the old Two-Face; the new gaudy outfit doesn't really suit him. Luthor, Wonder Woman, and Superman are all cool, though I don't care for the way they did Wonder Woman's lasso.6862, 6863, and 6864 are definately the best, both in terms of minifigures and the sets in general. I will await their release with eager anticipation."That is not dead which can eternal lie, / And with strange aeons even death may die."

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Ick. As you pointed out, they look like nearly complete clones of the old Batman sets - the Batcave especially. Interesting to note that Bane will also be appearing in "The Dark Knight Rises" next year.I do not have high hopes for this line's overall quality.

What are you talking about? The Batcave is one of the most original of the new sets--I should know, having had the original. The new Batcave is more cartoony (not necessarily a bad thing), more colorful (probably a good thing, seeing as the lack of color has been cited as a flaw of the original line which may have helped lead to its demise), and it has a MOLE TANK. Even the most clone-ish of the new sets, the Batwing set, is fairly different from the original, primarily by virtue of being smaller. I did like the original Batman sets, but they didn't last very long. Hopefully by diversifying to a wider range of heroes, this line can last long enough to deliver on some of the more obscure villains from the video games.I'm excited for this new theme: it's different, sure, but that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Looks kinda neat. Everyone's pointed out the obivous with the Batman sets, so I'll keep quiet about that. What is interesting for me is how it's mostly Batman sets for the DC half, with a Superman set that has Wonder Woman thrown in for the heck of it (I actually might get that one). Are more DC characters going to be represented later this year besides Green Lantern?Wonder what LEGO's going to do with the Marvel sets. Would be kinda interesting to see new Spider-man sets, but I am open to see what other comics can be represented.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

These look good. I really like the Two-face Chase. Of course, that's from a strictly MOCist veiwpoint. Overall, I like the batcave the best. Will thses be out by the end of December?

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

• 2 weeks later...

Several of the sets are now on shop.LEGO.com, with a stated release date of December 15-- less than a week away!"Ultrabuild" sets:4526 Batman4527 The Joker4528 Green LanternSystem sets:6858 Catwoman Catcycle City Chase6863 Batwing Battle over Gotham City6864 The Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase6857 The Dynamic Duo Funhouse EscapeNo sign of 6860 The Batcave or 6862 Superman and Wonder Woman vs. Power Armor Lex yet, even though they (and the other DC Super Heroes sets) have been spotted at a Toys 'R' Us somewhere in the United States, so it can't be long before they show up elsewhere!As for the sets themselves, I'm mostly impressed. Two-Face's coin is gorgeous. The ultrabuild sets have alternate models pictured, and Batman's and the Joker's are awful, but Green Lantern's is pretty great. I imagine the point was to keep them simple enough that they could still be recognized as the same characters, but that doesn't excuse the careless asymmetry of those first two alternate models.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Eh, kinda just like the old Batman sets, mostly. Why is Two Face orange and purple??I probably won't be getting any of these.

Twoface-tec66.jpgThat's why.The new sets seem a lot smaller than the old ones. On the one hand, that means they're less detailed by default. On the other, it means that people who make dioramas won't have to double the width of their roads just so the Batwing can fly through them. I'm digging the more vibrant color schemes, too, although that's not to say I disliked the moodier, more subdued color schemes of the old theme.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 4 weeks later...

I might pick up the fun house set and the lex luthor mech. The others don't seem the greatest to me. The fun house and mech are the best in my opinion. I wonder what sets they will have outside of batman though. I am suprised that no new rumors have leaked yet.

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

• 3 weeks later...

Pictures of the new Ultrabuild sets from Brickset:Captain AmericaHulkIronman10010101 BC 01001011

Yeah, Captain America looks AWESOME! I'm definitely buying him.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

The Cap and Iron Man look good Hulk is junk.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Pictures of the new Ultrabuild sets from Brickset:Captain AmericaHulkIronman10010101 BC 01001011

These are Marvel superheroes, but this topic is for DC superheroes. So should they be discussed here, or in a separate topic? (I'm not complaining or anything. I'm just curious if this is the right topic to discuss them in.)Anyway, out of all the superhero sets I've seen (DC and Marvel), I think that the Iron Man set looks the best. It just looks really cool to me.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

These are Marvel superheroes, but this topic is for DC superheroes. So should they be discussed here, or in a separate topic? (I'm not complaining or anything. I'm just curious if this is the right topic to discuss them in.)Anyway, out of all the superhero sets I've seen (DC and Marvel), I think that the Iron Man set looks the best. It just looks really cool to me.
It's my topic, so I'll allow it. :P Yes, I'm definitely looking forward to the Iron Man set. The robotic style that these Ultrabuild sets are in really suit him well. I will rip that unsightly minigun off his shoulder as soon as I get him though...10010010 BC 01001001