Toa Fordian (May 2015 Update)

618KSCc.jpg

Toa Fordian is a Toa of Sonics. While he is one of the smallest Toa out there, he is not very fast despite having long legs in comparison to the rest of his body. What he lacks in speed, he makes up for in power. He can manipulate Sonic energy, energy which he draws from the tuning forks on his shoulders, directly through his arms and packs a deadly punch.

This is my self-MOC. I tried to make him relate to IRL me as much as I possibly could, even including a "watch" in the form of one of the shell add-ons. His legs are long because my legs are long, and he is indeed small compared to my other characters.

Album can be found here.

An album of Fordian with his Toa Tools can be found here.

Edited by FordianL
  • Upvote 4

I like this MOC a lot. For some reason, I can't get over how nice the shoulder pads look. Whenever I get my self-MOC done, it will be a Toa of Sonics, too. Any particular reason for choosing Sonics?

Edited by Toa Vanson

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Any particular reason for choosing Sonics?

I am a musically inclined person.

I can sing very well.

I can play a mean tune on the trumpet.

...Just don't ask me to dance...

It's a good thing you're not Tuuli.

Edited by Toa Vanson

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

I can sing very well.

You play trumpet too? :D

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

You play trumpet too? :D

Indeed. I even wanted to make one as a Toa tool for Fordian, but that didn't happen. I just couldn't figure it out.

(But if you think you could give it a shot, just let me know.  ;)

I may try it if I have time. No promises though. I still have to create my self MoC (which would likely be in the element of either Ice or Sonics; not to copy off of you, but I am also heavily into music: trumpet drums, vocals, some guitar and I love listening to music.) But Air or Earth aren't bad either; just mainstream :P

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

I am sorry but somebody has to now. "Dance for us". With them long legs you should be able to bust out some funky moves. Like Renn said in the old Footloose movie. "Everyone can dance" It is just about expression... So Express...

Also I really like this MOC and the shapes work really well together from the Silver Rode to the shoulder pads. The transition of CCBS has a nice flow and doesn't appear over complicated. Also that pose... what could he possibly be thinking leaning against your wall like that? Could he be playing it cool like something was not his fault? Maybe a hot female Toa is walking by and he is putting off a "I could care less" vibe as seen I old 80's movies.

• Upvote 2

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Woah there. That's a pretty cool MOC. :D I especially like the torso construction- at first, I thought it was just an Inika torso with some CCBS limbs slapped on it, but then a closer look revealed the complexity, which I like- props to you on being able to build a custom torso around such an awkward armour piece. I have to say, though- the trans-blue does stand out a bit. It isn't jarring, there just isn't any of it in other places on the MOC, so that's something I'd consider working on. All in all though, pretty good work! :D

VBWj75sh.png

Woah there. That's a pretty cool MOC. :D I especially like the torso construction- at first, I thought it was just an Inika torso with some CCBS limbs slapped on it, but then a closer look revealed the complexity, which I like- props to you on being able to build a custom torso around such an awkward armour piece. I have to say, though- the trans-blue does stand out a bit. It isn't jarring, there just isn't any of it in other places on the MOC, so that's something I'd consider working on. All in all though, pretty good work! :D

I would have put blue on the legs if I could, specifically the thighs. Someone tell Lego to make trans blue 5M shells NOW!

In all seriousness, the blue looks a lot better when light hits it in just the right spot. When it does, it just pops. It's so satisfying.  :)

I am sorry but somebody has to now. "Dance for us". With them long legs you should be able to bust out some funky moves. Like Renn said in the old Footloose movie. "Everyone can dance" It is just about expression... So Express...

Also I really like this MOC and the shapes work really well together from the Silver Rode to the shoulder pads. The transition of CCBS has a nice flow and doesn't appear over complicated. Also that pose... what could he possibly be thinking leaning against your wall like that? Could he be playing it cool like something was not his fault? Maybe a hot female Toa is walking by and he is putting off a "I could care less" vibe as seen I old 80's movies.

I really can't dance IRL. Just saying.  ^_^

The pose is just him taking a step back from the action while a "friend" deals with it.  B-)

• Upvote 1

The legs are the best part, how'd you attach the CCBS shells to the inika thighs? 

Just kidding, I checked out the album and saw the rear view of Fordian. I really like the torso, it has a unique build and I thought one of his shoulderpads was part of his staff when I saw it from the front. 

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

The legs are the best part, how'd you attach the CCBS shells to the inika thighs? 

I used some of these and a few of these. When combined with the friction sockets on the ends of one of the larger bone pieces you get something that has the same length as this. Just add on a shell and it looks the way it does (friction, however, can be a tiny issue when trying to pose the figure, but it keeps the whole thing stable)

Yeah I have that problem with Posing my Onua Okoto. If you seen my video with him his movements were very limited due to this. Still the Guy stands even with that massive hammer over head.

So who is the friend and do we get to see them or the action he is watching?

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I can sing very well.

Dance for me... <3

But seriously tho, I envy your creativity and build... the way you combined CCBS with Bionicle truly shows what's possible out there in terms of sets, MOCs, and designs.

Edited by Forgeta
  • Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Wow, that bow is Epic. Makes me want to have one for one of my characters in the RPG.

Onua.png

I really like the crossbow/bow and arrow. Very nice build! You gots a good self MoC there  :fonz:

Thank you. I tried to make it as close as possible to IRL me. Long legs included. I'm only 5' 8", and my legs are comparatively longer with my torso. I'm basically the reverse of Michael Phelps' body.

Wow, that bow is Epic. Makes me want to have one for one of my characters in the RPG.

I really need to get in on the RPG now. That is, if I knew how to RPG. Thanks for taking interest in the bow. It's the weapon that's been there since the first iteration of this MOC in 2012.

Kewl. Also, you're fired :P

I'm starting to think you don't like me very much...

...you're awesome, too!  :P

• Upvote 1

I really like the crossbow/bow and arrow. Very nice build! You gots a good self MoC there  :fonz:

Thank you. I tried to make it as close as possible to IRL me. Long legs included. I'm only 5' 8", and my legs are comparatively longer with my torso. I'm basically the reverse of Michael Phelps' body.

I really need to get in on the RPG now. That is, if I knew how to RPG. Thanks for taking interest in the bow. It's the weapon that's been there since the first iteration of this MOC in 2012.

The Bow has been there since Fordian Gen1? Does that mean you are an archer/fletcher in real life? I've always loved bows and if I get to use one over a rifle in an RPG(Such as World of Warcraft) then they will usually have one on their person.

You are not in the BZPRPG yet? Well I can help you get started if you are really interested in RPing. I am an avid RPer and can help you along at first and then I am sure you'll be able to find your way. Be like training wheels. Eventually we'll take them off and you'll be on your way.

Onua.png

You are not in the BZPRPG yet? Well I can help you get started if you are really interested in RPing. I am an avid RPer and can help you along at first and then I am sure you'll be able to find your way. Be like training wheels. Eventually we'll take them off and you'll be on your way.

I'm afraid to commit to the Bionicle RPG, but I'm curious about it. I'd need to create a character first, but does that offer extend to me as well?

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

I'm afraid to commit to the Bionicle RPG, but I'm curious about it. I'd need to create a character first, but does that offer extend to me as well?

Sure it does. I can get you started. Most of my knowledge comes from other RPs I have extensively participated in. Others can advance your progress further once you've gotten acclimated to it if you'd like. Drop me a PM both of you and we can start by getting you a profile. Then if you'd like we can go from there.

Fordian I'd suspect you'd want to use your self MOC if you take me up on my offer?

(Let's keep any further conversation regarding the BZPRPG to PMs from here so we don't clutter this topic with off topic content.)

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png