Most noob-ish thing you've ever done

Underscore

What's the most noobish thing you've ever done on BZP? For me, it would have to be probably creating a COT topic asking what your favorite food was, then later reading in the rules that food topics were pointless. Or perhaps the first few blog posts I made during the anniversary. Some of them were so embarassing that I deleted them...

Not to mention floods of news reports I sent when I realized you COULD send in news... I've tried to tone that down some now..

Edited by Plunderscore
  • Upvote 1

2xu8Ptu.png

I could write a book on this. The biggest was probably when I tried to buy some misprints from Mask Collector that were listed as wanted, not owned. On top of that, my only response when this was brought to my attention was: "Oops, fail."

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I dunno... I honestly don't think I've ever done any noobish things, let alone on BZPower. It's just not my style, y'know? ^_^

(but seriously, um, I guess it'd have to be the time I had to ask someone how to embed a YouTube video in one of my RPG posts...

'twas rather embarrassing, considering how ridiculously easy it turned out to be)

Edited by Shadowhawk
  • Upvote 1

I... honestly can't think of anything. See, I'd found BZP back in 2006 or early 2007, and just lurked around for the next few years. So, by the time I'd joined in 2010 I already had an idea of how things worked and was able to slip right into the flow of things. :)

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

PM a staff member directly to change the name of a topic. I bet I made Kagome pretty mad that day...

I remember, and I do hope you're joking, because getting asked to help a member out with something simple would hardly set me off, and secondly there are people who prefer sending PMs over reporting when it comes to requests anyway. So not so noobish, I think!

But I guess even I could be scary when I was staff...

Speaking of that, I could list my overzealous use of emoticons back when I first joined, or my exceedingly silly topics. But I think we all had those days, and have all come far since then. So I'll say instead that I consider my first few months as a Forum Leader as pretty "noobish" in the sense that I had difficulty adapting and was pretty unapproachable. And speaking of overzealous, Comics was pretty active at the time and I left few posts untouched. I learned to relax, though, and I think that helped me get to where I left off a couple months ago. When I come back, I hope to continue to learn and improve my moderating.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 4

Playing versus 2. I messed up several challenges and got kicked off the team. I also stuffed up on incredibly simple to play games in G&T and getting called out on mistakes is pretty harrowing. For me, anyways.

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Let's see... Well I like to purposefully mess with people, I get a laughing high off of people's reactions. I still do that and as possibly 'noobish' as it is, I like it and it's who i am. B-) (Yes, man-child speaking!)  One of my favorite moments was when i made a topic in the COT forum about what was everyone's favorite cough drop brand. People tried to close it as it was close to being food, but I repeatedly brought up that cough drops are technically medicinal. I laughed so much, heheheheh.

Things I am not proud of is changing my display name every 90 days (to lame names), being aggressively homophobic (I am still strongly opposed to it but nowadays I give people the respect they deserve for being fellow humans and often times fellow countrymen), disregarding spelling conventions ("how r u man?"), bugging Greg Farshety about random things (I once asked if he liked Reese's Peanut-butter Cups, he said he used to eat them all the time but since becoming diabetic he could no longer eat them, and I made him miss eating Reese's), among some other things that have slipped my mind.

• Upvote 4

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Using this emote in every post ever for months years:  :lol:

It was cool at the time...I promise.

Also being afraid of the mods. I double-posted once when I joined, and Gatanui sent me a friendly PM suggesting that I could have edited the post instead and I stepped away from the site for a while.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

"What happened to the matorans?" in Bionicle Discussion. :headbonk:

Also being afraid of the mods. I double-posted once when I joined, and Gatanui sent me a friendly PM suggesting that I could have edited the post instead and I stepped away from the site for a while.

The only mod I'm not really that afraid of (but I HIGHLY respect him) is Makaru...

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Joining the BZP. Seriously being new to the forum that technically qualifies... right???

I dunno... I honestly don't think I've ever done any noobish things, let alone on BZPower. It's just not my style, y'know? ^_^

Isn't over zealous gloating counted as something noobs usually do before being beaten to death by a more seasoned player?

(but seriously, um, I guess it'd have to be the time I had to ask someone how to embed a YouTube video in one of my RPG posts...
      'twas rather embarrassing, considering how ridiculously easy it turned out to be)

Actually I had that issue too. I kept seeing people post videos and since there wasn't a post video option in the toolbar(not that I would be able to use it if there was. For... reasons) I was lost as to how to do it. So I finally had to ask someone. Or did I find out by accident? Anyway then I found out you just post the link without any additional coding and there it is.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I forgot about forum revival multiple times in my first year

Yeah I think I have done that a time or two. Though posting in a topic I wasn't allowed or forgetting what topic I was in while posting has happened most recently.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I think I managed to avoid doing anything too noobish simply because I was incredibly cautious when I joined. I was a lurker for some time, and when I finally did join, I took things slowly (and asked my brother a loooot of questions about how stuff worked). I do, however, remember double posting a short story once because I forgot that when you click "Post" and it goes to an error page, you're not supposed to go back and click "Post" again (is that even still a problem?). Well, I did, and I ended up with two topics. It was a simple matter to correct, thankfully.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Trying to add pictures directly from my computer to a post.

I still wish it was that simple...lol :P

Don't we all?

At least you can now upload avatars directly from one's computer.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

i used to type in bolded cyan font, and have a signoff like ~\NAME/~

i used to make comics. eeeeeeeeeegh

Pretty much everything in my blog before I cleaned it out after actually getting premier membership.

numerous other things i wiped from my memory because i do not want to remember okay.

• Upvote 1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian