Shadows Of Tomorrow

Zarohum

Review Topicshadowsoftomorrow.png FOREWORDThis was originally going to be a sprite movie and game made by Metax and I, but the movie was taking to long (I got to the fourth paragraph in a week. Not fun.) And I decided it would be far less tedious to write it out before making a movie, to see if my efforts were worth it to the people of BZPower.This is my first first-person story, and the second I've posted on BZP (The first was yesterday.).When a character is first seen, you can click on their name to see a picture of them. Links to complete MOC topics are in my signature.Hope you enjoy Shadows of Tomorrow._______________________________________________________________________________________________CHAPTER II awoke face-down, a cold metal beneath my face. I looking up, I saw nothing but a narrow strip of metal stretching to the horizon, a silver ocean on either side. I wondered how I had gotten there, and I soon began to wonder where I had been before then. Or what my name was, for that matter. I saw a white mask in front of me, with five spikes jutting out from it. I didn't know why, but putting it on sounded like the right thing to do.I stood up, almost collapsing. I felt indescribably weak. Placing the mask on my face, I felt a surge of power wash over my body, and felt a missing piece of myself had been restored. I had hoped that this mask would give me some clue as to who I was. But still, there was nothing.I surveyed the sea around me, searching for any way off this strip of metal. With no other choice, I took a step forward, hoping something may lie beyond me.I walked for several hours, until a cave appeared in the distance. As I approached it, I observed that even at its very mouth, nothing could be seen. The beige archway compelled me to move forward, but I knew I might encounter something I did not wish to. I could turn around and walk in the opposite direction, but I was exhausted, and did not wish to undo hours of walking just to discover another archway. Seeing no other plausible choice, I stepped through the barrier of darkness, and found just what I was expecting – Darkness. I turned back, only to find I could not even see the entrance to the cavern.After a moment, I was overcome with weakness, and collapsed on the ground. Then a figure appeared. I knew he was not really there, but it did not seem like a hallucination. I looked up to see a towering teal and white giant standing over me.“Zarohum,” he started, “You have a mission to fulfill.”“Zarohum? Is that... my name?” I asked. It somehow felt right, yet somehow out of place.“Yes. Do you remember me?”“No. Who are you?”“This is unfortunate. I had expected at least a fragment of your memories would follow you. I am Jorasha, a Makuta. One of the last. Do you know where you are?”“I have... no idea,” I moaned, still weak.“What have you seen?”“A silver sea, a thin strip of metal going on in both directions as far as I could see.” Jorasha turned around, as if he was speaking to someone. I could not hear a thing, though. “Is someone there?” I asked.“Not in the sense that you mean. Really, I am not even here.”“Then how are you talking to me?”“I cannot explain it to you. You must discover where and who you are. Find Spherus Magna.”“Spherus Magna? What does that mean?” I demanded as Jorasha floated away into a pillar of light. Darkness enveloped the light from each side, as I chased Jorasha. “No, no wait! Please! Come back!” Nothing but a small orb of light was left as Jorasha disappeared into it. Then it, too vanished.Questions. Questions without answersI stood alone in a black void, cut off from any communication with anyone. A shiver flooded through me as I realized I was alone in my own mind with no escape. Edited by Zarohum

Chapter III soon came to the conclusion that in my mind, I could do anything. I was in my own imagination, with nothing to do. I created the ideal life for myself, with a great city around me, divided into six regions. It felt like something I had seen before. Could it have been my home before my amnesia? The inhabitants of the city were the ideal citizens of just about anywhere, lending a hand to anyone in need. I also fashioned myself a pet wolf, the most loyal companion anyone could ever hope for.I soon realized this was no life to live; learning nothing, having everything based on my own fantasies. Though I had spent several weeks in this dream life, I was reluctant to let go of my friends and pet. But I knew deep down that I was meant for something more.Once I let the dream go, I reached out with my mind, trying to contact anyone I could. I knew anyone I met would likely be a hallucination, but I decided that it was the best option, regardless of my theories.Reaching out, I felt small organic mask-like creatures far north of me, inside insect-like suits of armor. I felt animals of all kinds coming from every direction. I felt the corpses of hundreds if not thousands of spiders, encased in lava for thousands of years. Countless broken bodies, dozens of islands... and a mind much like my own. It seemed idle, prone, as if nothing was stopping it from being intruded upon. In a way, I touched it, as if to awaken it.Her mind's eyes snapped open, and the field of black became a chamber of white.“Who are you? How did you find me?” the blue and gold being demanded.“I... I just woke up a few hours ago with no idea who I am. I entered this tunnel, and I had a vision, and... it didn't end. I decided to reach out with my mind and try to contact someone. I have no idea how I did it. Are you... You're not a hallucination, are you?”“No, I'm not. But if I was, you'd have no way of knowing, would you?”“Thanks. That's encouraging,” I looked down, dismayed.“No problem,” she grinned.“Um... any idea where we are?” I asked.“I don't know where you are, but last thing I knew, I was on the island of Odina. I've been alone in my own mind for so long I forgot what happened to me.”“I mean, where are we?”“What do you mean? We're in our own minds as far as I know.”“But... in real life. Where do we live?”“The Matoran Universe.”I stared at her blankly.“The universe. I don't know how to make it any simpler than that,” She was exasperated with my stupid questions.“Alright. Fine. Fine. Fine. How long have you been here?”“I don't know. I was originally a Matoran living on the island of....”“Matoran. You keep saying that word. What is... 'Matoran'?” I inquired.“Matoran? Short little dudes in armor, extremely strong for their size? No elemental power?”“Elemental power?”“Almost everyone in the universe has elemental powers of some sort. Fire, Air, Earth, so on and so forth. The Matoran have small traces of it, but they can't use it unless they transform into Toa.”“Toa?”She sighed, “You, me, we're Toa. Judging from the looks of you, I'd say you're a Toa of Plasma.”“And you?”The Toa reached out her hand. “Varian, Toa of Psionics.”________________________________________________________Varian belongs to Greg Farshtey and Shadow-Nui. Read "No One Gets Left Behind" here for full details on Varian's past.

Chapter IIII shook Varian's hand. “So... what do we do from here?”“You could start by getting out of your vision,” She said.“And then?”“And then find Odina and get me out of my stasis tube.”“Stasis tube?!”“I can't remember exactly what happened, but I've been in a tube for... I don't know. It could be a minute or a hundred years for all I know. I wasn't able to think until you came along.”“Do you think once I'm out of my vision, I can still communicate with you?”“Should be easy. Seems like your head has plenty of room for the two of us.”I glanced at her.“That's a joke.”I continued to stare at her.“Let me guess, not a big laugher?”I continued to stare at her.“Right. Well, to answer your question, I should be able to establish a mental link between us. It's been done before, usually between Toa teams and Matoran chroniclers. Also, I think I might be able to get you out of your vision.”I relaxed my mind. “Do it.”“Alright...” Varian concentrated, placing a hand on my head and closing her eyes. I felt as if I was falling asleep, but it was more than that. It was as if I was losing energy, but at the same time being energized, as I had been when I first placed my mask upon my face.Then, it felt as if my spirit was being stretched. The chamber of light around me faded, and I was back in the black void where I had been before meeting Varian. I stood up, not sure which way was out. If there even was an out. Maybe my mind was just playing tricks on me, and Varian had been a vision. Again, I was left without any options, and walked forward. Into a rock wall. My head hurt.I felt my way along the side of the cavern until... I stepped through another light barrier, the two suns almost blinding me. And then I saw... could it be? Yes! An island! Renewed with energy, I ran to it, eager to free Varian. I reached a stone archway, dreading what this one would do, but I didn't notice anything. But there, right in front of me was a mountain. It looked impossible to scale, and I thought of all the possible ways I could get over it. I could think of nothing. There was no way under or to either side, and when I tried to go back, the stone archway somehow stopped me. I knew there was no way to get over this mountain in a reasonable amount of time. I wished I could fly.And just then, I felt a buildup of power in... my face? Slowly, I began to glide with air currents. It was a slow trip, but it did conserve quite a bit of energy. When I got over the mountain, the most peculiar landmarks dotted the island. A waterfall of sand, a mountain with ice flowing down the sides like a liquid, patches of grass that felt like needles, a field of the most accurate stone sculptures of what I assumed to be Matoran imaginable. But the most obvious feature was that... it was deserted. I didn't have to think for more than a second to know why. Anyone who had lived here must have moved away.I walked through this realm, intrigued, and at the same time horrified. Paying more attention to my unnatural surroundings, I stepped on a metal ring-like weapon. Reaching down to touch it, my head was filled with memories. My own memories.

I'm posting 2 chapters at once because I'm not sure when I'll have internet access on this computer. I don't think anyone will mind :PChapter IV110,000 years agoA small Matoran of Plasma climbed up the side of a tower on the island of Katruk, far away from the watchful eye of the Toa guardians of that island. This Matoran loved heights, but hated climbing. Often times, he would take a small aircraft up a mountain and peer down on his home city. All the Matoran busy at work had their own story, their own memories, their own lives. It was amazing to him how so many could all be special.After the Matoran had reached the room of the tower, a lone figure rocketed up the side of it. It was the Matoran's best friend, his idol, his hero.“Zarohum, what are you doing up here?” The figure asked. Zarohum whirled around, seeing Toa Deesra, clad in white and orange armor standing over him. “It's not safe up here.”“Then why are you up here?” Zarohum asked.“Several reasons. First of all is that I have a jetpack, which means I don't have to climb up the side of a tower and risk falling. Second of all, if I did happen to fall, I could likely survive. Third of all, I'm a Toa, and Toa have to take risks to protect Matoran like you.”Zarohum looked down, dismayed that he did not have the authority or power of a Toa. “I just want to be left alone,” he said. “Sometimes, I feel like... I feel like I need a break from everything, like I just want to be alone and have the whole universe to myself.”Deesra sighed. After a moment of silence, he said, “You have to come down now, you know.”“No I don't”“Zarohum, this can't go on forever. Sooner or later, you're going to have to find your destiny.”“I have no destiny. What kind of a life is making tools?”“You make equipment for Toa, who protect you from harm.”“You protect me from harm so I can live to make tools. So you can fight. So I can live. So I can make tools. So you can fight. So I can...”“Zarohum, each one of us has a destiny. And who knows? Maybe some day, you will discover that yours is the greatest of all.”Just then, a Toa of black and red jumped to the top of the tower. He was Viase, Toa of Antimatter, with the power to create black holes and control the fabric of space. He was also a master Kanohi maker, fashioning himself and his team ten masks each. His sheer power was so intense that it was rumored that sometimes he glowed red.“Deesra, the Antari have taken Ce-Koro. What are you doing here? We need to fight!” Viase started.“Then what are you doing here? Instead of being short one Toa, they're short two!” Deesra was angry at his brother's absent-mindedness.“Well, I... uh...” Viase placed a hand on Deesra's shoulder, and transported them to the site of a massive battle between seven Toa and an army of mercenaries.* * *100,000 years agoSix Toa stood around a suva, amazed at their new power. Zarohum, Toa of plasma; Kaadra, the last Ce-Matoran, now a Toa of Psionics; Jauro, Toa of plantlife; Darissen, Toa of Iron; Voriki, Toa of Gravity; and Kota, Toa of Lightning.________________________________________________Read about Kota and Darissen's fate in my SSC entry, Monsters in the Dark.Voriki was an image that was made by a fan when rumors of a seventh Toa started going around in 2002. I'm currently trying to make a MOC of him, and he's almost done. I just have to finish a custom mask. Here's what's done.Darissen MOC is finished, but I need to take pictures.________________________________________________Zarohum looked at his new armor, amazed. “Am I... a Toa?”“If we appear to be Toa,” Darissen began, chuckling, “Then we are Toa!”A figure entered the room. He was just taller than the Toa, but had the look of a benevolent creature of great power, wearing teal and white armor that only emphasized his overall vibe. As he involuntarily stomped into the room, he introduced himself. “Greetings. I am Jorasha, a Makuta.”“A Makuta?!” Jauro gasped in alarm.“Your transformation was no accident. The map and stone each one of you received were a gift from the brotherhood. The Makuta need bodyguards, and you six... have been chosen to be mine. The orders are not my own, but rather those of Miserix, our leader. I hope that we can be friends rather than workers and superior.”“We will gladly serve you, Makuta.” Zarohum said.* * *95,000 years agoRahkshi stormed the island of Destral, destroying all the boats on the shore, trapping any that wished to escape from Makuta Teridax's revolution. Lightning flashed overhead as Kota attempted to set the Makuta fortress ablaze. Nothing seemed to work.“let me help you with that,” Zaroum offered, conjuring up a ball of superheated plasma and launching it at the fortress. It, too, was ineffective.“We have to do something,” Voriki yelled at the two others. Just then, the three turned to see Darissen, Kaadra, and Jauro rushing out of the fortress with Jorasha. Their relief was short-lived, as Mutran, Tridax, and Vamprah followed, launching blasts of shadow at the “Traitors.”“We offer you glory! We offer you the universe!” Mutran desperately tried to turn the Toa and Jorasha to his cause.“You forsake the very meaning of the word “Makuta!” Jorasha fired back at them with a blast of heat vision.“Oh, Jorasha, you are mistaken. Under Miserix, we would have never achieved our full potential. He kept us from being who we truly are – The kings of all things under Mata Nui!” Mutran yelled, raising his staff, and firing a blast of chain lightning at the group of Toa. Kaadra threw up a shield with her Kanohi Hau, protecting them from the blast. Vamprah's mask began to glow, as he slowly fed on the Toa of Psionic's power. She soon collapsed on the ground, the shield around the five other Toa and Jorasha dissipating. Tridax then raised his hand, holding an orange crystaline sphere he had created, full of Kraata slugs. He threw it at the group, hoping to hit at least one of them and convert them to his cause.As Tridax's pod flew through the air, the ground seemed to open up underneath Jorasha and his Toa Hagah. They fell through a portal and were transported to an island far from Destral, atop a mountain looking down at a beach. The Toa were surprised to see a figure from their past had rescued them.“Viase!” They said as a group, rushing over to thank him.“I didn't know your powers worked long-range,” Jauro said, surprised.“Neither did I until today,” he replied.“This is great! With you on our side, we can defeat the Makuta. Get Deesra and the others, and we can go back to Destral! Defeat Makuta Teridax and his followers!” Zarohum was almost leaping for joy.“I can't.”“Why not?”“They're dead. All of them. Deesra, Ziki, Neftar, Keeris, all of them. All destroyed by the Antari Mahra,” Viase said as he handed Zarohum a ring-like device that the Toa of plasma soon recognized as Deesra's weapon. “I wasn't there when they died. I got there just too late. When I got there, I used my mask of Psychometry to see what happened in the battle. All the Antari ever wanted was a crystal Neftar carried in her armor. Once they took it, they left the island.”“We have to find out what's so special about that crystal,” Darissen began. “If the other Toa had to die to protect it, it must be important.”“That's what worries me,” Viase said uneasily. “They all knew they had to protect it, but... they never even told me it existed.”“Well, don't worry. If it's important enough, we'll hear about it eventually,” Voriki reassured him, not entirely convinced himself.* * *Present dayI was stunned by what I had just seen. Memories. Thousands of years of memories that all came flooding back to me as soon as I touched... Deesra's weapon. But why hadn't everything returned? And why did these memories feel as if they were not mine?Questions without answers.Turning my face to the south, I continued to make my way to Odina, where Varian waited for me._______________________________________________________________________________________________Chapter V“Zarohum, can you hear me?”Zarohum heard the voice of Varian, so close, and yet so far away.“Whoa! That's… I can hear you!” I exclaimed.“You're not hearing me. It's telepathy,” Varian replied.“Yes, I know that. Where do I go from here?”Varian paused, presumably to try to track my location. You're not gonna like this,” She said, solemnly.“Wha... what's wrong?”“I can't find anyone. Anywhere. I can only find you. I wonder what happened to everyone.”“Well, we'll find clues somewhere. We need to get going. Can you tell me where to go from here?”Yes. There should be a Toa canister to the south. You can probably use that to get here.”“A Toa canister?”“Pods that Toa use to go from place to place quickly.”“Oh, alright. Thanks,” I replied, turning south. I travelled down a tunnel to a workshop of sorts, and as I reached the other side, I saw a single silver cylinder with a dome at one end, turned on its side, bobbing in a small area of water that led to an underground cavern. I assumed this tunnel would connect to the rest of the seemingly endless silver sea that surrounded all I had seen. But where would it take me?As I crawled inside, I found a control panel that I assumed would allow me to control the pod. After a moment of scanning over the controls, I found no trace of anything that would allow me to decide where I would go. It seemed to only travel to a place at which a Toa was needed.“Zarohum,” said a dark booming voice that I recognized to be Jorasha, the Makuta I had met when I entered the tunnel.“Jorasha, I... I remember. I remember the Makuta revolution, and meeting Viase, and...”“I know, Zarohum. This is very good news, indeed.”“What?” asked Varian.“Talking to someone else,”I replied.“Who?” asked Jorasha.“How?” asked Varian.“I don't know,” I said, replying to Jorasha.“You have to know who's invading your mind,”“Not you,” I said to Varian.“Of course not me. You said you were talking to someone else. That implies that you meant someone other than me,” Jorasha replied.“How can you be talking to someone else? We're the only two in here,” Varian said, confused.“BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP!” I yelled at both of them, trying to establish a mental link between them, too. It seemed to work. “Varian, I'm talking to Jorasha, a Makuta I was hired to protect. I'm not sure how he's talking to me. Jorasha, I'm talking to Varian, a Toa of Psionics imprisoned on Odina.”“Varian. Norik mentioned her, yes. He said she was captured by the Dark Hunters and put in a stasis tube for all eternity,” Jorasha said.“You know Norik?!” Varian exclaimed.“Yes, he was hired to guard Makuta Teridax, as Zarohum guarded me.”“Where is he? Is he alive?”“I... I don't know. I'm stuck in here with you two, also.”“What do you mean, 'in here?'” I asked.“I, uh... The Matoran Universe. It seems everyone has evacuated the universe. I don't know why,” Jorasha replied.“How can you leave the universe?” asked Varian.“It sounds insane,” replied Jorasha. “Basically, our universe exists within another. The great beings constructed it so that it may fix the outer universe, with Mata Nui guiding it. Makuta Teridax came up with a plan to induce a coma on Mata Nui, and he overthrew the leader of the Makuta so that he could do so. His hopes were to rule this one, and subsequently, the outer universe.”“So much has happened in the time I've been in here,” Varian said. “You have to tell me what happened!”“Oh, that would take nine or ten years to do,” I said.“And that's only what we remember,” Jorasha added. “There's a lot more we haven't heard about.”“Well, we have to somehow get out of this universe. However we do that,” Varian stated the obvious.“But how do we do that?” I asked.“I... do not know,” Jorasha said solemnly.Questions without answers.

Edited by Zarohum

• 2 months later...

No updates in over 2 months. Jeez. Sorry guys.Chapter VII found myself resisting the urge to teleport myself to Odina. I did not know why I kept wanting to use these powers. It was like it had always been natural to me, to use more powers than I could count. And when I used one of them, I had to fight down anger at... something. I did not know what.“Don't do it, Zarohum,” Jorasha advised.“Don't tell me what to do!” I shot back at him. “What do you Makuta know about power? All you do is hide away on your little island, making servants for the Matoran and yourselves.”Jorasha stirred. I didn't know what had just come over me. It was as if it wasn't me.“Jorasha, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to...” I apologized as quickly as I could.“No, I understand. As beings of Darkness, we Makuta always had to fight down anger and hate. Teridax was not strong enough to force it down, and he used his powers as much as he could. It ended up leading to his corruption. I have to be honest. When we were leaving the fortress, there was a time that I was almost ready to accept Mutran's offer. But I didn't because I knew you Toa would turn against me, and if I lost control, I could have killed you all.”“Why didn't you?”“Zarohum, each one of us has a destiny. And who knows? Maybe some day, you will discover that yours is the greatest of all.”“Everyone keeps telling me that. But what if my destiny isn't a good one?”“You will just have to wait and see. Now, I think I can teleport you. Even from here.”“From where? You keep saying that. Where are you, exactly?”“You don't need to know that yet. In due time, all your questions will have answers.”My body began to shimmer and fade. Soon, I was standing at the door of a massive fortress.Odina.I walked inside, and soon found myself lost in the many winding corridors that made up this structure. Why would someone use this labyrinth as a base? It would keep invaders out, but how would any of the Dark Hunters know how to navigate this place?After hours of walking through the winding tunnels, I finally came across what looked like a throne room with a green cylinder holding what looked like a Toa. I knew this must be Varian. I was so exhausted from my time walking through the maze that I could barely walk to the stasis tube. For a moment, I though about resting right there on the floor, and have a small nap before I woke up Varian.“Oh no, you don't,” I had forgotten Varian and I had established a mental link, and that she could see what I saw. I reluctantly stood up and made my way to the tube. I saw a panel of buttons, and pressed a few, hoping to release Varian peacefully. After several minutes of tinkering with the device, I angrily punched through the glass.The tube shattered, and Varian fell backwards. I caught her under the arms and helped her back onto her feet. “Welcome back to reality,” I said.“How dare you disturb my slumber?” she said casually, raising the top of one eyehole on her mask. I chuckled.“Where to from here?” I asked.“Not sure,” she replied.I thought for a moment, then said, “Jorasha?”“Yes?” his voice echoed in my mind.“Any ideas on how to get out of here?”He hesitated. It seemed like he wanted to tell me something, but wasn't sure if he should. “You were once able to teleport yourself and others across the universe. Maybe you should scan for the nearest life form. That should get us to Spherus Magna. Outside the universe of the Matoran.”Varian and I reached out with our minds, scanning for any kinds of life. I didn't sense anything yet. “Varian, anything?”Varian sighed. “You broke my concentration. Um, I found some small creatures that I think are like... almost like organic Kanohi to the north, inside round suits of armor.”“Yeah, I sensed those right before I found you. Wait, how do you know what they're shaped like? All I can sense is what they're made of and roughly where they are.”“What you need to do is, once you find something, you concentrate on just that one thing or that group of things. You focus all your attention on that one thing, and you can almost feel its shape. Once you've got that, you can focus on more subtle things, like the photons reflecting off of it. And there, you can see color. Try it.”I did as she said. I scanned for life, reaching out further and further. All I could sense was metal on every side of me, forming a figure resembling a Toa. It was all around us, as if we were inside it. I asked Jorasha about what I had sensed.“Yes. The Matoran Universe is really the body of the Great Spirit. There are exits from his body that will lead us to Spherus Magna, if he has completed his mission. I cannot think of any other explanation as to where everyone has gone.”“Well, I sensed a big hole to the north. Maybe we should...”Varian interrupted. “Wait! I found someone. His mind is faint but... It's a Toa!”“Where?!” I demanded. Maybe he knew where everyone had gone.“To the south.”“Left or right leg?”“I'd prefer it if we didn't refer to sections of the universe as body parts. We've gotten along well enough for thousands of years without doing so.”“Do we have to walk there?” I dreaded the answer.“I could teleport you once more,” Jorasha suggested. “But I do not think I can do much more. My power is limited, and I cannot move you more than once. You can most likely find a ship at Xia that can bring you to the other Toa.”“Alright, do what you have to do,” I said. The world around us shifted, all of it becoming a blur. I felt like I was being turned inside-out, stretched, twisted, like Jorasha was losing control. I could barely hear his voice.“Zarohum, I... Xia is too far. I can't take you there. Spherus Magna is much closer.”“Another universe is closer than some island?”“You're right on the edge of the universe. Once you're on Spherus Magna, you can get someone to help you. And maybe Varian can be reunited with her old friends.”I sighed, unsure of what to do.“I don't care if you don't want to go, Zarohum. I've got a life too. I've been stuck in that Mata Nui-forsaken pod for thousands of years. Do you realize my priorities aren't quite the same as yours?” I could understand where Varian was coming from.“Stop reading my mind!” I yelled, overcome with anger. It confused me. I was always understanding of others, but now I was angry at Varian for no apparent reason. I took a deep breath. “Sorry. I don't know what's gotten into me.”Varian put her hand on my shoulder. “Maybe on Spherus Magna someone can help you.”“Maybe,” I agreed.“Shall I?” Jorasha asked.“Go ahead,” I responded. Once again, the word started to morph, and I felt like I was being ripped apart again. I must say, it wasn't something I wanted to experience twice. When it stopped, I looked around to see a lush tropical land, with towering trees and rivers as clear as glass.Spherus Magna. At last.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, guys, I'm sorry, but I'm going to be busy probably until mid may. There's just so much school stuff I have to do, plus family issues, not to mention that my interest in Bionicle is fading. I doubt I'll even be very active on BZP anymore, and if I am, I most likely won't finish the epic. So here's the rest of what I had planned.Zarohum goes and finds an organization working with technology based on the great beings'. There, he finds his old teammate, Kaadra. They, along with some other Toa go back into the Matoran universe and find Darissen. Darissen has been infected by a plague for around 20,000 years, and the rest of his team is nowhere in sight. Then, they find Jorasha, whose mind has been separated from his body. It turns out Viase drew his mind out of his body, and put it in his own. They go back to Spherus Magna, where the Antari Mahra are attacking, trying to take back an ancient data crystal. It's revealed that Viase was once a regular Toa, and expert mask maker, who made masks of all different kinds for himself. He went mad from all his power and a group of Toa erased his memory. He joined Deesra's team, but knew they were hiding something from him. He tortured them until they revealed his memories and powers were stored in the crystal, but they didn't know where it went. For thousands of years, he was co-leader of the Antari, working with them to find the crystal and other technology. Around the time of the Great Cataclysm, Zarohum's Hagah team ended up with the crystal. Zarohum took it with him, and hid it while the others fought the Antari. They won, but Zarohum never returned. Darissen left the team, and it just fell apart after that. Viase had followed Zarohum and killed him, taking the crystal and Zarohum's memories with him. Zarohum temporarily took control of the body and jumped into a pool of energized protodermis, trying to kill Viase. Zarohum and Jorasha fight back Viase's mind, nearly destroying it. Zarohum wakes up thousands of years later.Present day, Zarohum finding out he is really Viase brings back his memories. Jorasha tries to stop him, but Zarohum is repressed, and Viase takes control, stealing the crystal from the base. While making his escape, he passes Kaadra, and Kaadra fights and kills him. At the last second, he turns back into Zarohum and dies.I had a sequel planned, in which Kaadra is writing about Zarohum, but his spirit takes control of her body and writes "I am still here." They go on a quest to restore Zarohum and Jorasha. I was still working on the rest of the story.I would be happy to clear up any questions. I probably left a lot of necessary details out. Anyway, as I said, I'm going to be inactive for a while, but I'll check my notifications. If you have any questions, ask them in the review topic. I';m sorry i couldn't finish, but I'm just too busy. Thank you to all of you who have read my story. I can't thank you enough.:z::a::r: