Official Ebay Auctions Topic

Watashi Wa

I may be a little late posting this, but I think someone linked to it when it was first made available. Why did this one get so high? I know they're rare, but I'm pretty sure I've seen them much cheaper.

Yeah, you can get them from Bricklink at £40 a pop, so I feel deeply sorry for the moron who bought that :/

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

I may be a little late posting this, but I think someone linked to it when it was first made available. Why did this one get so high? I know they're rare, but I'm pretty sure I've seen them much cheaper.

Yeah, you can get them from Bricklink at £40 a pop, so I feel deeply sorry for the moron who bought that :/

Harsh but I have to agree. I would assume it's probably been the same sort of incident of uneducated bidding as when we saw the $1000 max bid on all those masks and then the seller hiked the price up! People need to know how ebay works before they dive in with these huge bids and remember not to enter a number that they wouldn't HAPPILY PAY in the event they win for such an amount...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

###### man, thanks for sharing :( Interesting to see all these previously unknown box sets turning up lately though!

Well, you should have posted, and maybe one of the rich people could have bought it. That way, at least a BZP member could have gotten it. Please take those photos and add them to the collectibles topic, it's a rare piece that I've never seen before.

Ugh, I wish I could've gotten that. Though, I don't particularity trust shipping from outside the U.S., but I'm testing that as we speak. 

Darn, I really messed that one up. I didn't post it because no one else had, so I thought someone here was probably bidding on it.

-Letagi

"Mata Nui loves ever-brave fools. That's why he made so many of us."

hTeXGIU.png

I'm sad that I sold one of my sealed metal-krana containing Lehrak-Kal.  With the mask alone going for $200-250, the $150 I got seems pitiful.  There can't be that many sealed WMKK's around... and who knows?   Maybe it was a sealed SSKK!

I have a couple of sealed Bohrok-Kal, but I've never really been good at determining by looking through the plastic part of the container whether or not there is a WMKK. Are there pictures somewhere of this or tips for the process?

A Turaga

You are a very wise Turaga.

Ultimate Bionicle Knowledge Quiz

I used a metal detector.

I can just imagine it now - Flintsmith walking into a toy store with a massive metal detector, sweeping it over the Bohrok-Kal-containing shelves, scaring the employees... :P

-Letagi

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Weird thing is, they have 100% positive feedback.

Jerbraz night time edition.

That would be a great prank. Take a picture of a table with nothing on it, and list it as "Incredibly Rare LEGO BIONICLE Set 0000 Jerbraz."

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Don't even know if this is the right thread to ask this, but I will anyways. So I'm really, really new to buying toys second hand (The only thing I've bought off someone non-official was an NYCC trans-tahu mask). What would be some good price guidlines if I wanted to buy the Toa Mata, Mctoran (with disks or without) and the Turaga? Most things on ebay sell the Toa for like, 15 bucks, Turaga for 10, and the Mctoran for just about any number out there. I don't really care about canisters or instructions, just as long as it has all the pieces. Is there some 'good eBay price' that I can shoot for getting below, or is eBay just straight up not the right place to look. I know bricklink has listings for sets but from what I understand they're mainly for specific parts.

Just today, I bid on, but didn't actually end up getting, a set of all six toa for 21 bucks, and a set of all 6 McToran without disks for 16 bucks, should I be really glad that I didn't actually pay for something so horrible, or should I be mad that I missed a deal or what?

Edited by steelviper77

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

Don't even know if this is the right thread to ask this, but I will anyways. So I'm really, really new to buying toys second hand (The only thing I've bought off someone non-official was an NYCC trans-tahu mask). What would be some good price guidlines if I wanted to buy the Toa Mata, Mctoran (with disks or without) and the Turaga? Most things on ebay sell the Toa for like, 15 bucks, Turaga for 10, and the Mctoran for just about any number out there. I don't really care about canisters or instructions, just as long as it has all the pieces. Is there some 'good eBay price' that I can shoot for getting below, or is eBay just straight up not the right place to look. I know bricklink has listings for sets but from what I understand they're mainly for specific parts.

Just today, I bid on, but didn't actually end up getting, a set of all six toa for 21 bucks, and a set of all 6 McToran without disks for 16 bucks, should I be really glad that I didn't actually pay for something so horrible, or should I be mad that I missed a deal or what?

Those toa prices were good, the McToran were kinda meh seeing as they had no disks. Just search up the set you want and then sort by price low to high. The lowest price will fluctuate ALOT. I've bought Toa Mata from Ebay for as a low as 99p. It's all about luck with ebay. If you decide not to use Ebay, I'd highly recommend making a deal with Munty, who runs the Bionic Bricks store. His prices are generally pretty good.

Here is Munty's store: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18826-bionicbricks-bzp-storefront/

Edited by Alphonse Elric

hTeXGIU.png

Thanks for the plug Charlie :D Sadly I must disappoint with regards to the particular items steelviper is looking for. I have many of them in stock but the price is just going up and up lately and Tahu alone now sells for more than that $21 set of six! You should DEFINITELY take that deal if you ever see one like it again. I'd suggest anything that works out around $5 per Toa Mata is a great deal and anything below that is a steal. Of course it's all about supply and demand so you may have to watch and wait a while to get those prices but they do come up that cheaply on occassion! I think $16 for all 6 tohunga is still; a fairly reasonable price, though I'm not sure how easy replacement disks are to come by which should certainly be taken into consideration...

I think you're doing the right thing by deciding NOW what you're willing to spend on these sets, ebay works much better for sensible buyers who stand by their limits. I was bidding on a mask lot that sold for £50 yesterday despite not having a single rare or interesting piece in it. I was bidding up to £20 and I stuck to that when the price went crazy right at the end! I can only assume that the winning bidder needed the majority of the items for their own collection, in which case they still overpaid but it was probably worth it for so many items! 

Here is said item.

Interesting to compare that lot to this recent listing I also missed out on (because I had no wifi :() which has a £10 trans kaukau and £25 komau in it! There are a few other £5 kanohi in there too so that one was a steal. I just don't see so much value in that first one though, I guess it's the quantity that made it go so high!

steelviper, best of luck and please let us know how you get on! I'd be happy to help you if I can so feel free to give me a shout if ever you need anything ;)

3 idiots have already bought those masks though so guess it's not a bad business plan :P Of course all you need is one misprint and you get the other 9 for free but they may just be scammers who only stock the cheap ones so it really isn't worth the risk...

In-restaurant display for the 2006 McDonalds toys for BIONICLE and The Little Mermaid. It's missing the plastic shell, but that's probably because the same cases were used for every promotion.

Stars Tahu tube with all Golden Armor pieces. (I posted this in your topic, Munty).

Lots of other display cases, including many not cataloged on BrickLink. Just search for "bionicle display."

Then there's this thing. Some sort of display shadow box with Turahk, Makuta, and Takanuva.

What's the cheapest anyone's seen Toa Mata Nui? The Titan, that is?

EDIT: Glatorian Thornax watch.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

Jeeeez thanks Mac that's really thrown me for six!!! I think I actually MAY have seen a picture of that tube before but I certainly had no memory of it until now so thanks for posting it up. I'd love this one for myself but it's pretty overpriced so not sure if I'll take it. Tough call :s

Love that watch, there are actually two of them listed right now which seems odd!

SDCC exclusive BIONICLE #1.

Here's a copy of Ignition #9 claiming to be a SDCC promo. Here's another one. They don't look any different than the regular edition to me.

Here's a Cartoon Network comic magazine claiming to have a BIONICLE comic attached in the middle. They don't show a picture of it, however.

These appear to be the cardboard shooting disks from the 2006 and 2007 McDonald's toys. Pricey, at $7.99 with a whopping $10 shipping, but may be worth it if you lost yours, and can't find replacements anywhere. Maybe.

Two DUPLO bricks from LEGOLAND California, one for BIONICLE Blaster and one for Miniland California. The miniland brick has stickers rather than being printed, and they look worn. You can buy both on BrickLink, but there's only one Miniland brick listed on BrickLink right now.

Here's a watch not listed on BrickLink. It's steep at $59.19, but at least it's sealed. Has a standard Gali-style trans-blue Kaukau and Toa head piece.

Here's a Barraki watch that includes a Hakann mifigure...what?

Foam Tahnok-Kal hand shield. Lots of other foam stuff, search for "bionicle foam."

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

100% positive feedback...but only 3 ratings. Bricklink says it's worth $2.00.

That Stars set isn't bad, though, and the Bohrok Va pair isn't too bad, either...

Tarakava is auction-only, so no idea how high that'll get.

SDCC exclusive BIONICLE #1.

Here's a copy of Ignition #9 claiming to be a SDCC promo. Here's another one. They don't look any different than the regular edition to me.

Here's a Cartoon Network comic magazine claiming to have a BIONICLE comic attached in the middle. They don't show a picture of it, however.

These appear to be the cardboard shooting disks from the 2006 and 2007 McDonald's toys. Pricey, at $7.99 with a whopping $10 shipping, but may be worth it if you lost yours, and can't find replacements anywhere. Maybe.

Two DUPLO bricks from LEGOLAND California, one for BIONICLE Blaster and one for Miniland California. The miniland brick has stickers rather than being printed, and they look worn. You can buy both on BrickLink, but there's only one Miniland brick listed on BrickLink right now.

Here's a watch not listed on BrickLink. It's steep at $59.19, but at least it's sealed. Has a standard Gali-style trans-blue Kaukau and Toa head piece.

Here's a Barraki watch that includes a Hakann mifigure...what?

Foam Tahnok-Kal hand shield. Lots of other foam stuff, search for "bionicle foam."

I used to see the Barraki watches all the time, back when they were available. Not a single one actually had a Barraki mini fig, they were always Hakann.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or if this was posted elsewhere, but I saw it on a different site. http://www.ebay.com/itm/131544011847 Honestly I really want to buy it, but I don't have a credit card and the only person who'd let me use theirs would never let me pay this much.

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.