Bionicle Books falling apart. Need Help!Tale

I got in contact with Lego and Scholastic to try and get permission to do this project with others. Their reply was; that they were happy for me to do it myself, but were unable to approve any collaborative effort to do this on a larger scale or for myself to distribute my efforts to others.

Since it seemed no one was interested in helping me anyway, I am going to continue this by myself and Post images of the finished results. Just not any of the Text. I am going to leave this here and continue to update as a checklist for myself.

Right, I am going to get right to the point. Many of you like me will have noticed that your old bionicle books are beginning to fall apart. To get around this, I am attempting to transcribe the books to a digital format. To make it available for others that don't have access to the books.

But those of you like me that prefer the feel of the actual books in your hands. Once all the chapters of a tome have been completed, I am going to print them out and bind them. I will post pictures of books when completed and if anyone else would like one I will be happy to make one for you. (At cost of production)

This is going to be a huge undertaking by myself, and this is reason I joined BZP. I need your help, to complete all the chapters. If there is a chapter that you want to help with, that isn't being worked on, please comment and I will change the checklist. Or contact me on Skype.

Green are chapters have been completed.

Blue are chapters that are being worked on by myself or others.

Orange are not being worked on by anyone.

Books that are 100% can be downloaded from my drop box

Tome 1: The Mata Nui Saga

Tale of the Toa 100% 

The legend of Mata Nui
Tahu Toa of Fire
Lewa Toa of Air
Onua Toa of Earth
Gali Toa of Water
Pohatu Toa of Stone
Kopaka Toa of Ice
The Meeting
What Lies Beneath
Cool as Ice
The Temple
Into the Darkness
The Power of Six
The Toa Unite
Out of the Shadows
Toa vs Toa
Unity Duty Destiny

Beware the Bohrok 100%

UnderGround
The Calm Before the Storm
The Awakening
The Arrival
Mountains Crumble
Earth Trembles
Ambush
Danger Beneath the waves
Lost
Fire and Ice
The Betrayal
Friend and Foe
the Nest
The Challenge
The Bohrok Queens
A New Beginning

Makutas Revenge 0%

Underground
Symbols and secrets
Pride and power
The Theft
The Chase
Helpless
The Search
The Soundshape
The Agony of Defeat
a New Hope
Tahu's Decision
The Great Mask of time
The Power Within

Tales of the masks 0%

Introduction
Onewa's Tale: The mountain
Whenua's Tale: Those Who Forget the Past...
Matau's Tale: The Trap
Nokama's Tale: Beneath the Surface
Nuju's Tale: Place of Shadows

Vakama's Tale: Secrets

Mask of light. 0%

The Mystery Mask

Riding the Wave
The Mighty Toa
Winner Takes All
The Herald
Unleashed
A New Threat
Destruction
Deep in the Jungle
Lost
Deep Freeze
The Decision
Battle
Burried Alive
Together Again
Kini-Nui
One Destiny

A Real Hero

Tome 2: The Metru nui Saga P1

Mystery of Metru Nui 0%

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Epilogue

Trial by Fire 0%

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Epilogue

The Darkness Below 0%

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Epilogue

Legends of Metru Nui 0%

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Epilogue

Voyage of Fear 0%

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Epilogue

Tome 3: The Metru Nui Saga P2

Maze of shadow 0%

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Epilogue

Web of the Visorak 0%

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Epilogue

Challenge of the Hordika 0%

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Epilogue

Web of Shadows 0%

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Epilogue
Appendix: Origin of the Rahaga

Time Trap 0%

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Epilogue 1

Epilogue 2

Tome 4: The Voya Nui Saga

Island of doom 0%

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Dark Destiny 0%

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Power Play 0%

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Legacy of Evil 0%

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Epilogue

Infernal 0%

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Epilogue

Tome 5: The Mahri Nui Saga.

City of the Lost 0%

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Prisoners of the pit 0%

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Epilogue

Downfall 0%

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Epilogue

Tome 6: Karda Nui Saga

Shadows in the Sky 0%

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Epilogue

Swamp of Secrets 0%

Prologue
Chapter 1
Interlude 1
Chapter 2
Interlude 2
Chapter 3
Interlude 3
Chapter 4
Interlude 4
Chapter 5
Interlude 5
Epilogue

The Final Battle 0%

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Epilogue

Edited by Makuta Kantara
  • Upvote 1

The thing is I am not trying to scan them and put them out online, that has already been done here

Some of the books are over a decade old and were obviously not designed to last that long. It saddens me, when am afraid to turn the pages of some of them, because they will fall apart in my hands. I have a century old poem book, that is in better condition than some of them. If I could I would buy new versions of the books, but I can't because they are no longer in print. 

I am trying to provide a way, to renew the books that are getting to the point, where they can no longer be read. I could buy another online but I have no guarantee that they will be in any better shape than the ones I have. And I would much prefer to have the books in my hands rather than read from a screen.

Finally, I have always been very shy and that is the reason I never joined the site. So I want the first thing I do here to benefit others, and help me get to know the community.  I want to share what I love with others and give others the chance to read some of the stories they missed out on. No one is going to get hurt, or lose money if this is done, and in the end we will be helping to preserve the stories.

P.S. I do appreciate your concern, but Lego seems to be fine with people freely sharing what media came from the first generation. If we can freely share all the games, videos and comics from the first gen, why should the books be any different.

• Upvote 3

Technically, if you are creating copies of a copyrighted work, that's illegal. There's some leeway to this rule: for instance, some countries allow you to "format-shift" a book from paper to .pdf - as long as it's for personal use only. As soon as you start sharing that content, you are violating copyright. Even though these books are out of print, most books are copyrighted until 70 years after the death of their author.

However, a footnote to all of this is that LEGO is unlikely to care about fans sharing these books among themselves. These books are out of print, and the likelihood of them ever getting another print run is zero.

So I'm not going to recommend it, but I wouldn't be worried.

• Upvote 2

Despite what I said earlier though, I wouldn't mind if someone shared Mata Nui's Guide to Bara Magna. People are charging $69.99 for used copies.

Even on Amazon?

Yeah Amazon has those books for pretty cheap, usually from $2 to $15 bucks, sometimes even for cents. Just look here.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Despite what I said earlier though, I wouldn't mind if someone shared Mata Nui's Guide to Bara Magna. People are charging $69.99 for used copies.

Even on Amazon?

Yeah Amazon has those books for pretty cheap, usually from $2 to $15 bucks, sometimes even for cents. Just look here.

Call me paranoid, but because Marketplace Sellers almost never upload their own pictures and probably don't know much about the books, I'm afraid what they're actually selling is the novelization of The Legend Reborn.The covers are both Mata Nui's face. Booksellers may not pay that much attention to detail.

Also of note is that Amazon seems to think Mata Nui's Guide to Bara Magna is the same book as Makuta's Guide to the Universe. Go here and click on the second hardcover option of the first result to see what I mean.

• Upvote 1

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

I bought Mata Nui's Guide to Bara Magna and Makuta's Guide to the Universe in November for $5-10 a piece from amazon (including shipping). The original ones too, by AMEET.

That being said, I can understand why the OP wants to go about doing this. My books are also falling apart - not just the poorly put-together papercutz graphic novels, but my Chronicles books are spineless. My cat can take the blame for some of that though.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Even on Amazon?

Call me paranoid, but because Marketplace Sellers almost never upload their own pictures and probably don't know much about the books, I'm afraid what they're actually selling is the novelization of The Legend Reborn.The covers are both Mata Nui's face. Booksellers may not pay that much attention to detail.

Also of note is that Amazon seems to think Mata Nui's Guide to Bara Magna is the same book as Makuta's Guide to the Universe. Go here and click on the second hardcover option of the first result to see what I mean.

You're paranoid. :P

Just look at the seller ratings, and don't pick one that's obviously not what you want. Just because one seller is a moron doesn't mean all of them are. 

• Upvote 1