Hello. Been a while since I have posted here. I wanted to share a BZP epic I have started that takes place in the A Rude Awakening universe.

the_visions_of_thasos.png

It takes place in the modern, post-Battle of Bara Magna period, but also delves deep into the past and hints of future events and other stories (written and yet to be written). Hope you all enjoy it, the nature of it should make it live a while, so long as my mood doesn't take a dip and reduces my interest in it. I feel confident that that wont happen immediately. :P 

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I am not the main musician, nor do I think myself as even remotely one, but nonetheless I made a quaint song for Vora'nkaj.

https://soundcloud.com/aidanbionicle1/song-of-moracaiya/s-HzfMR

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Okay, I am not the main musician, nor do I think myself as even remotely one, but nonetheless I made a quaint song for Vora'nkaj.

(Note: I'm Vanson, I just have a different avatar and name. I'm not sure if I've posted here since I changed it.)

This is good! It has a sort of sparse feel, which is certainly unique for tribal drumming. It feels almost ambient. As the composer, I can help you with making music for this project if you want to.

Do we need more like tribal drumming music for this? I made a drums track a while back, but I can make more if this style would work better.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Forgot to mention something here. Via Steam, I think you already know that I like this. :P

(Note: I'm Vanson, I just have a different avatar and name. I'm not sure if I've posted here since I changed it.)

This is good! It has a sort of sparse feel, which is certainly unique for tribal drumming. It feels almost ambient. As the composer, I can help you with making music for this project if you want to.

Do we need more like tribal drumming music for this? I made a drums track a while back, but I can make more if this style would work better.

Welcome back dude.

My thoughts exactly. Yeah a couple of ambient tracks would do just nicely! It would be cool to have a track with tribal/ancient drums and having some Human Revolution-style ambience with it.

BTW, Vora'nkaj is a name Imrukii made for Bota Magna, and is their name for it in their own native tongue(s).

(simplifying it, don't crucify me Imrukii)

Edited by Iaredios the Desert Dude

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

• 3 weeks later...

For sake of an update, here's the Noxton language updated:

Ga'k'den Pyeor (Gaden)

Na'h’ja Pyeor (Naja)

Boh'kt'raelius Pyeor (Bohraelius)

Noxton Language:

Symbol that ends words or portions of words end with -

Symbol that separates sounds is '

O = Good

I = Bad

A = Current of

U = Past of

X = Multiple

The/That - Bheq (Beh)

Those - Bheq'x

Will/Shall - Sa

Sure - Kjor

Yes - Heisc (Heys)

Yes, Good - Heisc'o/Hoisc

Yes, Bad - Heisc'i/Hiisc

No - Juowc (Zhoo)

No, Good - Juowc'o/Jowc

No, Bad - Juowc'i/Jiiwc

Me/I/My - Yey

You - Tuauy

Hand - Zerrk

Foot -

Arm -

Leg -

Waist -

Torso -

Body -

Head -

Finger/Fingers -

Toe/Toes -

Love - Plozs

Hate - Lizsiss

Suffer - Lizsi

Die - Izs

Make - Ozsa

Destroy - Hizsa

Endless/Never Ending/Forever - Nee'aveduay

With Energy or Great Impact - zs

With Wisdom or Guidance - sz

Solis Magna - Zsoausz (means great old one)

Red - Idri

Orange - Anja

Yellow - Jeqid

Lime - Ombrid

Green - Vora

Teal - Favfa

Cyan - Muanji

Blue - Unci

Indigo - Flava

Purple - Proug

Magenta - Igna

Brown - Buwmb

White - Wak

Black - Yuok

Warm - Dto

Fire - Dta

Water - Uni

Air - ghi

Ice - Kaluk'k

Stone - Pesasi

Earth - Yuo

Sand - Jyk'Pesasi'x

Jungle/Plant Life/The Green - Vora

Large - Gej

Small - Jyk

Great - Auor

Low - Auil

Grand - Gi

Sky - Ag

Skies - Aj

Many - Kej

Few - Lyk

With - Uozs

What - Koohc

Why - Zhir

Where - Ar

When - Aur

Foreign - Mrenr

Other - Obetdt

Get/Become - eayha

Be, to be, to have reason - oay

Wear/Wearing - Behah

Wore - Behuh

Plant/Green - Vora

Land - Ei'nkaj

Bota Magna - Vora'nkaj

By/Of/From - Diro

To - Kiro

Male - Kca

Female - Gja

Impact/Affect - Mairc

Calm - Nwa

Ecstatic - Laszus

Up/Above - Apv

Down - Chiil

Better - Oahr

Worse - Iahr

Light/Good generally in an individual context - A'qh'mo (Ammo)

Dark/Bad generally in an individual context - A'qh'mi (Ammi)

Stand Down - Jah'q'ka (Jahka)

Stood Down - Juh'q'kut (Juhkut)

Move Swiftly, or Swift Footed, word can also be a name given to an individual - Shyokt (sheoct)

Moved Swiftly, or Had Swift Feet, name can be given to an individual to identify that they have lost their ability to move fast, or as an insult to call someone slow - Siakt (See'ahct)

Thick Brush - Zaierh (Zayer)

Dreadful Outside/Bad Weather - Yh'thima'kt (Yih-Thi-Mackt)

Once Dreadful Outside/Past Bad Weather - Yh'tomu'kt (Yih-Toe-Muckt)

In action of, in the process of - Ja, an I or O at the end defines if it is bad or good, so 'Jai' or 'Jao'

In the past action of, in the past process of - Su, an I or O at the end defines if it is bad or good, so 'Sui' or 'Suo'

To remove or distance oneself cruelly or perceived as such - Kok'k'ti (kok-kih-ti)

Uprooting a tree, is also a slur to describe one who is unloving and or cruel, though in the context of the ladder the first portion of the word is left out that being 'Ja' - Ja-kok'k'ti (Zhay-Kokihti)

To remove or distance oneself positively or perceived as such - Kihk'to (kick-toe)

Tree, singular - Puid

Trees, Multiple - Puid'x

Jungle/Forest - Kej'Puid'x

Through - Shaln

Overwhelming Wind - Dah'kt'ta (dah-kiht-ta)

rushing or rush/rushes through - mul

grand skies - giaj

Seen by many, many witnesses - Mohcre/Mohre

Awe of delightment and fearful cautiousness - T'vara

Of their own reaction, or the reactions of many. The term means to describe a group of people reacting to something - Tk'tyan

Reactions to an event unfolding in the moment - Tk'tyana

Gifts by the Goddess - Hind'kt'diro (hindkt-diro)

Gifts to the Goddess - Hind'kt'kiro (hinkt-kiro)

Key'rkta (key-rikta)

Arrive/come true, can also be used as a general good saying meaning 'By the Goddess!' or 'Thank the Goddess!'- K'inji'kahra (kinji-kara)

Move/Go/Get Out Now - Shi'm

To say to 'Go Now' reassuringly - Shi'mok

To say 'Go Now' warmly - Shi'molkt (Shih-Molkt)

To say 'Go Now' with Haste or with Hostility - Shi'mir (Shih-Mihr (Haste) or She-Meer (Hostile))

To say in general 'How are You?' - Kalaj (Kha-Lazh)

To say 'How are You?' warmly - Kalaj'dto (Kha-Lazh-Dto)

To say in general 'How's Life?' - Musuus (Mah-Soos)

To say 'How's Life Currently?' - Musuus'sa (Mah-Soos-Sa)

To say 'How was Life Before?' - Musuus'suh (Mah-Soos-suh)

Father - Kca'leszto

Grandfather - Kca'lesztouv

Mother - Gja'leszto

Grandmother - Gja'lesztouv

Parent - Lezsto

Grandparent - Lezstouv

To say Frozen Impact, or Affect of Ice/Frostbite- Kaluk'k'mairc

Breathing Sickness, a Bad Contagious Cold - Baxamu'tessiis

Breath, or of Breathing - Bexamu

Sickness/Illness - Tessiis

Happen/Happens - Asuma

Happening - A'asuma

Happened - Asuma'u

A Starchy Dish of Warm Fruit Mush, a dish fed to the young - Balan'dta

Bad Love/Lust - Plosz'i

Past Lust - Su'plosz'i

Pleasure from Other's Pain/Sadism - O'kiro'ami

To say 'Calm Down' - Nwa'chiil

A'qh'mi yh'toma'kt puid ju-kok'k'ti. - Past dark dreadful weather uprooted a tree. Ammi yihtomakt puid ju-kokkihti

Shaln zaierh, dah'kt'ta mul, apv giaj mohcre t'vara tk'tyana hind'kt'diro K'injikahra. - Through Thick Brush, Overwhelming Wind Rushing, Up to Grand Skies many witnessed with awe the gifts from the Goddess Arriving.

Shaln zayer, dahkihtta mul, apv giaj mohre tivara tiktyana hindktdiro kinjikahra.

Through the Brush, and strong rushing wind, and up to grand skies the people awed at the sight of the prophecy of the gifts coming true.

Ar Kca diro? - Where is He from?

Kca diro Tulufu, Kca mrenr. - He is from Tulufu, He's foreign.

Chiil uozs beys Tessiis. - Down with the Sickness.

Mairc su'plozs'i - Affect of Lust.

Tuauy A'qh'mi O'kiro'ami! Tuauy Sa Lizsi! Tuauy Sa Izs kiro Yey zerrk! - You Mad Sadist! You will Suffer! You Will Die by My Hand!

Arwa, nwa'chiil 'dta Arwa. Yey kjor sa eayha a'oahr. - Arwa, calm down Arwa (warmly). I'm sure it will get better soon. Said Matiga to Arwa, on the topic of his wounded arm.

EDIT:

Iaredios made a few concept sketches of Tajunite Heavy Armor,a dn he asked me to trace them over, so here:

img_0243.png

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have flesh out the lore for the Noxton, Naxkonj, and 'Madialnar', and written it down in a short summary, along with the names of more 'Hominid' Agori tribes, and others:

As the Agori migrated from Genetaira, a group of them split off into the north of the world, settling down in what would be known as the Western Plateau of the Great Mountains, this group would come to be named 'Madialnar' after the Skrall tongue of the Area which came to dominate it not too long ago.

During the time of the 'Madialnar's' migration another group traveled into the Western Mountains of the Great Green, during the reign of the Jirapa, and came to be known as the Iron Tribe. With the black-snow from the north raining down, the 'Madialnar' migrated southward to what is Today Neala (Bara Magna 2009), the second group eventually migrated into the eastern portion of the Great Mountains.

The 'Madial' colonized into Neala many years before Greani Ateir, and founded the cities of Ackar and Iconox (later Akkar and Ikonox by the Tajunite Hegemony), but for long lost unknown reasons the 'Madial' abandoned this land, leaving behind long lost artifacts and writings buried beneath the sands today. One tiny group traveled west into Aqua Magna, where they were never heard of since, and the other larger group traveled East into Bota Magna. Here is where the first proper spellings of their names, that being 'Naoshdteal/Mashkianj", eventually the two names would be used for two seperate groups originating from the First, and would later come to be Noxton and Naxkonj. The Naxkonj are closer genetically to the so-called 'Madial', but the Noxton are Culturally more similar to the 'Madial'. The Nadkonj are culturally influenced by the savage Joosti, due to the several 'Flower Wars' raged against the Naxkonj by the Joosti, and the Noxton share deep genetic ties with the late Iron Tribe's descendants in Bota Magna and the Tuluf. But too do the Tuluf have ties to the Noxton.

There are several other cultural groups within Bota Magna, but few of them share ties, excluding those of the Union Luhneah. The Origin of the Boqh are recorded in their written legacy, and the Tuluf have stories handed down through the generations, but are otherwise are unknown, so too their T'kidir. The Nejkit originate from the time if the Core War, and so too do the Lothars. The 'Lavdarma' too originate from that time. Whilst the 'Moracaiyans' are native Hominid Agori, and are incredibly numerous and spread out wide across the green, unlike the others who are more isolated. The Joosti also come from the time of the Core Warm as well as the Iktr, who are a group of modified 'Moracaiyans'

The Moracaiya (The Loud/Argumentative), Coirahvayt (White/Cloud Watchers), Tluboron (Grounded Will), Ungoytwai (Law Givers), Pula'n'lang (Red Nail), Putimakt (White Eye), Itō'n'makt (Black Eye), Tunigsa (Will of Water), Katugipa (Frost-Killed Bird), Yuonagpu (Mud Dwellers).

The illusive Mumbwul are related to the Hominids, the Kwenkawa (the Unable), and Bwakwajzi (the Able) are their two known tribes.

pure_muscle.png

I have flesh out the lore for the Noxton, Naxkonj, and 'Madialnar', and written it down in a short summary, along with the names of more 'Hominid' Agori tribes, and others:

As the Agori migrated from Genetaira, a group of them split off into the north of the world, settling down in what would be known as the Western Plateau of the Great Mountains, this group would come to be named 'Madialnar' after the Skrall tongue of the Area which came to dominate it not too long ago.

During the time of the 'Madialnar's' migration another group traveled into the Western Mountains of the Great Green, during the reign of the Jirapa, and came to be known as the Iron Tribe. With the black-snow from the north raining down, the 'Madialnar' migrated southward to what is Today Neala (Bara Magna 2009), the second group eventually migrated into the eastern portion of the Great Mountains.

The 'Madial' colonized into Neala many years before Greani Ateir, and founded the cities of Ackar and Iconox (later Akkar and Ikonox by the Tajunite Hegemony), but for long lost unknown reasons the 'Madial' abandoned this land, leaving behind long lost artifacts and writings buried beneath the sands today. One tiny group traveled west into Aqua Magna, where they were never heard of since, and the other larger group traveled East into Bota Magna. Here is where the first proper spellings of their names, that being 'Naoshdteal/Mashkianj", eventually the two names would be used for two seperate groups originating from the First, and would later come to be Noxton and Naxkonj. The Naxkonj are closer genetically to the so-called 'Madial', but the Noxton are Culturally more similar to the 'Madial'. The Nadkonj are culturally influenced by the savage Joosti, due to the several 'Flower Wars' raged against the Naxkonj by the Joosti, and the Noxton share deep genetic ties with the late Iron Tribe's descendants in Bota Magna and the Tuluf. But too do the Tuluf have ties to the Noxton.

There are several other cultural groups within Bota Magna, but few of them share ties, excluding those of the Union Luhneah. The Origin of the Boqh are recorded in their written legacy, and the Tuluf have stories handed down through the generations, but are otherwise are unknown, so too their T'kidir. The Nejkit originate from the time if the Core War, and so too do the Lothars. The 'Lavdarma' too originate from that time. Whilst the 'Moracaiyans' are native Hominid Agori, and are incredibly numerous and spread out wide across the green, unlike the others who are more isolated. The Joosti also come from the time of the Core Warm as well as the Iktr, who are a group of modified 'Moracaiyans'

The Moracaiya (The Loud/Argumentative), Coirahvayt (White/Cloud Watchers), Tluboron (Grounded Will), Ungoytwai (Law Givers), Pula'n'lang (Red Nail), Putimakt (White Eye), Itō'n'makt (Black Eye), Tunigsa (Will of Water), Katugipa (Frost-Killed Bird), Yuonagpu (Mud Dwellers).

The illusive Mumbwul are related to the Hominids, the Kwenkawa (the Unable), and Bwakwajzi (the Able) are their two known tribes.

Though I have permitted the Madialnar to have arrived before Greani Ateir, I already have it that they did little construction and simply moved into the ruins of the Larfeia; as well did not go into west Neala, so what little they may have built would be in the east, the modern Ruunic Plains. Also, Akkar and Ikonox are not older than Atero, not even close. For comparison, Samarkand and Venice are both great cities, but came to raised in vastly different time periods. The two are post-Shattering constructions.

Once again it feels like you are trying to make the madialnar more prevalent than the larfeia (great beings)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Though I have permitted the Madialnar to have arrived before Greani Ateir, I already have it that they did little construction and simply moved into the ruins of the Larfeia; as well did not go into west Neala, so what little they may have built would be in the east, the modern Ruunic Plains. Also, Akkar and Ikonox are not older than Atero, not even close. For comparison, Samarkand and Venice are both great cities, but came to raised in vastly different time periods. The two are post-Shattering constructions.

Once again it feels like you are trying to make the madialnar more prevalent than the larfeia (great beings)

No, these guys came long after the time of the early-mid Larfeia, however did exist around the time of the late Larfeia and Great Beings (even though they are the same folks, just specifying the period). We've discussed this. The relative position of these locations are difficult to map down in my head, sorry. However, I want it to be that they settled small settlements within the locations to be Akkar and Ikonox, hence why I said it, and it is all still conceptual. Of course we could have it that some went north, but I am still mapping it all out.

Either way, these are smaller details that do not affect the major point of them moving east. Thats all I wanted to specify, that they had influence in the area (Neala-Ruunic plains region), but eventually moved away. Again, these peoples were migral. They did do very little construction, but set up small settlements, however they have left their markings.

We can always modify the details, so I am all open here. They aren't suppose to be greater than the Larfeia, they are just moving insects in comparison. How would they be able to top them? The creation of the Element Lords? The Creation of the Great Spirit Robot? Research on Protodermis, the Banishment of Annona... I don't know how I would top that, and I have no intention to do so, so I don't get your argument. Sorry. Again, I can come off as narcissistic, but that wasn't my intention. My intention was to make a long-lost lore that could be very well grounded in reality, but far smaller when compared to the feats of the likes of those of the Great Beings, or the Toa, or even the Tajunites or Jirapa. I used this concept for the longest time off of the Maya and Irish folklore, with what little details I had until recent. How COULD that top the Larfeia?

I don't want to sound angry, but it can be really infuriating when what I say something I am somehow unable to articulate, so it just becomes a constant song and dance of confusion and misunderstanding.

EDIT: Okay, I have created maps of the cultures as they have migrated from the time of Geneteira to Pre-Core War.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/AidanBionicle1/Sketches/img_0384.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/AidanBionicle1/Sketches/img_0385.png

I know that the Larfeia and the Madialnar are not specified between eachother how long a time between the two peoples migrated, but it is about 1,000 years or more. I also think I got the location of the Eastern Skrall incorrect,but I don't think it matters too much, since it gets the point across. In the future I will correct this.

UPDATE: I have created a map of the Majority of Spherus magna to work off of based on multiple maps of the world from over the past five years or so of development. It isn't the whole planet, just from the unnamed land to the west, to the edge of the eastern wastes. Note, I didn't intially crop it due to not wanting to lose quality through mobile. So it is a very large image and may to a while to load.

EDIT: It has come to my realization that I have made a MASSIVE Dun-Goof with the map. I'm going back and fixing it now.

UPDATE (proper this time):

I have fixed the map. http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/AidanBionicle1/Sketches/img_0434.png

UPDATE:

I have created a full version of the current map of Spherus Magna. Fixed the major errors and is now ready for further future work:

spherus_magna_full.png

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, first its three, now five years? We've only been doign this for two and a half! xD And not really that whole time, its not like this is our primary focus in life. not getting paid... :lol:

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Dude, first its three, now five years? We've only been doign this for two and a half! xD And not really that whole time, its not like this is our primary focus in life. not getting paid... :lol:

Math is not my strength. In my head 3 turns into 5, and 2.5 rounds up to 3. It's a bad force of habit.

(05/10/17) UPDATE:

I have made a few rather minor updates to the map:

spherus_magna_full_2.png

UPDATE (again):

I have created a new song, but I previewed it to Iaredios in it's current state, and I am unsure what else I can do with it to try and improve it.

https://soundcloud.com/aidanbionicle1/moracaiyan-war-song

(05/30/17) UPDATE: I have made a conceptual colormap of Bota Magna. I am still working on it though.

img_0575.png

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png

• 4 weeks later...

Out of sudden inspiration, I have begun doing some more work for ARA. Here are some of the things I have done.

terrain map sample.

sample_2_terrain_map.png

I am not exactly sure how this will look like when fleshed out in 3D. My main concern is the light brown and whether it will look good with the medium green or not. This is not a straight trace over from previously done maps but a pixel-by-pixel enlargement recreation with reference to my previous works. Obviously not done.

Helmet concepts

graphics_tablet_test_-_nealite_helmets.p

As you can see, only one got all the love. I have since done touches here and there since drawing this but nothing substantial enough to warrant an updated picture upload. In clockwise order of creation/drawing, starting from the one on the left,is the Bone Hunter nobility helmet (Fero's skrall helmet with Cuman inspiration), the Tajunite heavy infantry helmet (mixing of Tarix's set helmet with late Palaiologos helmet variant), the standard Skrall warrior helmet (set Skrall helmet mixed with a western Great Helm, and the head spike made less ridiculous by becoming a removable flag-pole), and the widespread Vulkanite helmet (combination of Ackar's set helmet and a late antiquity Roman helmets with added set-face as a faceplate). This last one will have five ribbons on the helmet so that when wind touches it they will wave and appear reminiscent of the set helmets of Berix and Akkar; only the right side has the two holes on the cheek. The bottom of the heavy Tajunite helmet can have a ribbon tied to the bottom mouth grate that wraps around the collar, making it reminiscent of Tarix's tube. Some ancient Core War power armor will look much more like the set version.

Visions of Thasos preview

I know it has been a while since that topic has been updated, but I still work on the story here and there. Here is a bit of a preview.

visions_of_thasos_patricide_i.png

By the example of vision prior I can tell you that it is not the time before time, but from our times and traditions it might as well be. The expanses of All flow before these eyes twain O’ mine. A purple shroud thin lays over the flow of silver glass, the rainbows of the angel-clouds and the consuming shade of their twisted-kin thunder forever. I see before me, a time oft referenced but ill understood in full, era shrouded in myth and tradition. I see over our Great Orb unseen but full-felt clouds of Death, smoke and slate, the light of the living Solis unable to pierce the writhing wade of evil. And so it was for nigh a millennium, until the Emperor of the Suns pierced through the veil with his sword, his word, and a single ray shone through for but a moment. But a moment was all that was needed, for in the country black Kursetu Eresh of the ever-forest continent, history would change its course within the river we sail.

Cries were not a new thing in the fortress-ebon, spike-littered and gore in décor, demonic its architecture; crying was a normal thing in this age of evil, cries of the beaten, of the enslaved, and the mothers and daughters of the nation’s natives. But it was the cries of a mother small and green and her baby that pierced the deafened ears of the giant lord Yridal. Upon seeing the abomination to his evil eyes, his temper rose. He was to be in control, not her, not anyone else. But it seemed that though she did not plan upon this birth, far from it as it was evil in origin, the Light Writer adopted it for his own purpose, making art from agony. And this was to not be tolerated. The child took after his mother in face and skin, an affront to the honor of the honorless. His multitudes of older spawn nearby gasped in disgust, the slaves stared in wonder, and the mother looked in love when she beheld her son, and looked in worry as by the tubby ankle he was grabbed by the father-monster. By the gods and the One Beyond Most High, this babe of emerald hide had been crafted for a purpose grand. The servants-low and soldiers-open could perceive the white glow unseen, the child’s cry a trumpet of triumph, and a sonic dagger to the self-deafened. And so those hopeful waxed hearts justly became outraged when the giant lifted his child up to eye-level and licked his lips in preparation for a gaping snack of retribution. They all gasped, and with that their celebrated hardest worker, by ancient tradition christened Tarrak, proclaimed an outburst so bold to shake their dark traditions force-taught.

“Release that babe you wretch! No longer shall I stand idly by and allow such unspeakable evil to transpire before mine eyes!”

And so in roaring fury did Tarrak charge the giant lord, and thrust his large slave scythe into the ribs of the man-eating red royalty. By his brave example, many other slaves followed suit, and attacked the Giant and the nearby half-giant skrall with pitchforks, scythes big and small, butchery blades, rakes, and whatnot. Bellowed in pain did deserved Yridal and so he dropped the child. Tarrak, standing next to his crime, was there to catch the child chosen! While the chaos spread like wildfire, Tarrak used this opportunity show the mother her child, and attempt to get her up on her feet to join him in others that were to use the mess to escape the carcass compound. Though she tried, she couldn’t, the delivery was too soon and her body immensely weakened by it. With immense regret, she bid her babe bye, and the tears of the mother and child left on each other’s faces, as Tarrak and emerging company reluctantly left her behind. Child cloth strapped across his shoulder and weaning wives taken along with their lot, Tarrak led his party out of the dark fortress by blade’s edge. The lazy half-giant soldiers did not stand a chance against the might of the hard workers, numbered 30 strong, some even sharing their disgust of their makers and joined the fight to flight. Fist took to tools, tools exchanged for swords, and red sprayed and dirt layered did they manage to reach the entrance gate, and took haste to the black forest brush.  Smoke column climbed from the settlement and could be seen marking its spot by the sky even as the place could no longer be seen.

Any attempt at a successful revolt, though bloody and damaging, was to be proven futile. Those that did not join Tarrak in his exodus, nor attempted to follow them afterwards, were cut down like a herd for a feast. And feast the Giants did, for there was plenty of carrion cuisine. By their own arrogance, as the Giant kin had ruled the world for centuries now, they sent naught but a trio of hunters to look for that party that outnumbered them 10 times. None of them were to find the new tribe of rebels, and took for granted the beasts of the lands and the trials of nature would better them.

They were wrong.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I have made a sketch of a lineup of examples of some of the various peoples of Bota Magna, but it is very big so I'll just leave it as a link: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/AidanBionicle1/Sketches/img_0593.png

pure_muscle.png

I have made a sketch of a lineup of examples of some of the various peoples of Bota Magna, but it is very big so I'll just leave it as a link: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/AidanBionicle1/Sketches/img_0593.png

Interesting concepts, though they all look like they crawled straight out of uncanny valley.  :P

That first one, dear lord what is up with his face, and that weapon looks insane! Bound to be a story for them, mind telling me (you may have told me a while ago, but i work better with visuals)?

EDIT:  I have redone the banner for the next Visions of Thasos chapter

visions_of_thasos_patricide__i.png

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

So I was in GIMP yesterday, and I had inspiration to try and draw my vision for the Sack of Tajun. Unfortunately it cannot be finished, I can not stand to use GIMP anymore, the buttons keep glitching and I could not click on what I needed until 3 AM, which is absolutely ridiculous. This has been a constant problem so yesterday I ordered an art program and it should be here tomorrow. After I get used to it, I will be attempting to recreate what I have below and expand from there. I am sorry for the size, but this was originally planned to be a huge depiction, this being only one part of a larger drawing. It was planned to later include guards and minutemen as well as fleeing families; also different kinds of Skrall and a fully armored Tuma in the middle of the depicted Skrall force.

sack_of_tajun_rough_concept.png
Man, that guy sure looks scared. I would be too, if my trusty shield failed me and shattered before the knobbed club of an Elite Skrall (perhaps that is Stronius?). Hopefully I can get to fully depict that soon.

Considering the situation of Bara Magna societies and the limited resources they have (unless taken from others, like old Tajun and later Skrall newcomers), I have decided that only named skrall will have the helmets that look like the helmets of the standard skrall. In ARA, the normal skrall will have something much lighter and inexpensive; I will come up with designs when I can. Likewise, hence the name, the Tajunite Heavy Infantry armor will only be used by patricians. Plebeians, unless specific individuals have proven themselves worthy to be part of the divine blood rankings of noble patricians, will have the standard Vulkanaite/Nealite style or a variation of it (such inexpensive variations probably lacking the recognizable face-plates).

EDIT: I now realize that there are some consistency mistakes in the drawing. Apologies, I drew the bucket skrall helmets off of memory and the others had limited reference.

Also, here is a drawing from work depicting parts of my planned ARA side storyline: Blood in the North. This is Part 1 of the Skrall Stories.

I know it is hard to see, that would be because of my phone. Fret not, I plan on recreating it better digitally eventually. The lore outline for this (found below) was musically fueled by the album King of Kings, about a viking hero fighting warlords and jarls to rise to become the first unified king of Norway. ...I essentially think of the Skrall as being kind of like desert vikings. :P
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Magnetro/A-Rude-Awakening/Art/moreARAart/20170523_202009.jpg
Starts with Branar and Stronan (Stronius) seeing Tuma defeated by Mata Nui. They, with everyone else watching in the seated area, are surprised and know too well what it will means: the exile of their king. in vengeance all the Skrall band together to fend off the united Nealite forces at the battle of Roxtus, being defeated by the forces of the new Despot Akkarios I (King Ackar) and the exiled god Mata Nui.

Without any more Jijanta giants to be the next clear successor to Tuma, the skrall heroes of the Battle of Roxtus, among them being Stronan and Branar, begin to organize armies as warlords to push their claim to the throne or simply go found their own separate state. Once friendly allies under Tuma, Branar and Stronan rise to become bitter enemies: Stronan seeking to carry on the ways of Tuma and the ancient ways with a Skrall-centered twist using Greani-based twisting propaganda (hence his usage of green), and Branar seeking to make a new future for the Skrall (drawing much idealism from some Gruncharism and the philosophy of Kertavus Magnus), his flag bearing blue. Most warlords and their color standards eventually get crushed or willingly become absorbed between these two polar opposite forces. In the end, it was by Stronan's sheer brutality that allowed him to totally crush Branar's forces. By their brave sacrifice, Branar was able to escape the heck on earth created in that last battle by the elite skrall warlord, who by now wears a jeweled crown because he has all but won. Branar went to go get his daughter and the two escape to Aternea (New Atero) as exiled royalty, but Branar got to his daughter's hiding spot too late, and for her safety surrendered to the tall tyrant. But not to his knowledge, his message during those northern wars will inspire the rise of a new hero two decades later, a masked figure known as Nimar who seeks to reform the Skrall.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I have created a sketch of four ranks of Skrall Sword, from Lowest to Highest, Recruit to Champion:

img_0632.png

EDIT: FYI, the lowest level of land on the heightmap before it becomes submerged is RGB: 979797, in HEX it's: 616161

UPDATE: Okay, with a certain spark of creativity I decided to make a skwtch of the Skrall Helmet, I think I kinda went a bit overboard though, just maybe. But I like how it turned out.

img_0642.png

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

So, tired of GIMP, I have a new art program called Clip Studio Paint Pro, and after installing it I screwed around with it for a while .After becoming more familiar with the program, i decided to start on a serious picture. I have to say, I am both impressed by myself and this program! I present to you, the Mask of Tahedin, the first step in this attempt to draw this golden god of a Great Being which I have sketched out already. Here I will show you my steps.

First, this is my initial concept.

Then here is a sketch

Now for the rest.

tahedin_shade_attempt_1.png

My first attempt at metal shading on the mask didn't go too well, so i tossed out the colors and began anew with only the basic sketches, and shaded from there.

tahedin_mask_uncolored.png

From there, I tried something different with the color shading, and from there things got better!

tahedin_mask.png

I aim to at least capture the upper half of his body. So far so good!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

So I decided to color my Skrall Helmet, I definately need to practice more though.

img_0643.png

UPDATE: I was bored, so I decided to make a new helmet, came out looking like a mix between greek and perhaps russian, and I think it would work for Ikonox.

img_0645.png

UPDATE (again): I have created an armor set after drawing up a helemet. I am not quite sure why I made it female, but in looks kinda Rhomaion to me. I am unsure where it couldb be used exactly within Neala other than either Tajun or Vulkanus.

img_0647.png

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Imrukii, I admire the effort in your drawing, but please look up how to draw armor appropriately for women: breast-plates are a no-go, likewise shaped metal bras (I can only imagine how uncomfortable that must be...). Also, while it has traces of Rhomaion armor, the helmet looks like like tribal turkic in influence; perhaps it should be used for light Ostonigosa armor with appropriate changes.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Imrukii, I admire the effort in your drawing, but please look up how to draw armor appropriately for women: breast-plates are a no-go, likewise shaped metal bras (I can only imagine how uncomfortable that must be...). Also, while it has traces of Rhomaion armor, the helmet looks like like tribal turkic in influence; perhaps it should be used for light Ostonigosa armor with appropriate changes.

Seems reasonable enough. I was really just dun-goofing around when I was drawing it. To be honest I am very clueless when it comes to drawing armor, let alone female armor. And yeah, a metal bra doesn't sound particularly fun. All parts of it I gyess can be take apart one by one and used for other things.

pure_muscle.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys finally desided to check out ARA. I'm really confused on what to look at or do.

Well, here's the Wikia to read up upon certain things. It isn't done yet, but if you're curious about say a certain character, peoples, or faith, you can read up on it: http://ara01.wikia.com/wiki/A_Rude_Awakening_Wikia

pure_muscle.png

Hey guys finally desided to check out ARA. I'm really confused on what to look at or do.

Mr Lumpy is here to help. Mr. Lumpy can help you out.

mr_lumpy_by_kalta_the_noble_mind.png

Brush your hand on Mr. Lumpy, your answers will be questioned.

What's that Mr. Lumpy? Mr. Lumpy says Characters is a good place to stop. thank you Mr. Lumpy, you are so helpful. Have a good day now, you handsome gent.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

• 1 month later...

After scooping through my pickle jar, I found inspiration for a new flag, inscribed within the natural seed pattern of the pickle slice.

Plain:

pickle_flower_flag_v1.jpg

Ornamental:

pickle_flower_flag_v2.jpg

pure_muscle.png

• 3 months later...

I hope it hasn't been too long since last was posted here, but I have to update that the project is still on-going. Iaredios has been unable to do a lot of work on the project himself, however I have put in much work, I have nearly Finalyzed Noxton, and am working actively on more than ten other conlangs for the different peoples. Here's the link to Noxton: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w95nZyq2veG4H31bNp4yL_dp3pQw9LnYe78G0cy2m0w

And I conclude this on-going activity with a meme.

img_1473.png

• Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png