Would any group have a medieval European chanting style music? Because I researched some medieval music theory and came up with a mildly authentic sounding chant thing. The random bit at the end can be taken out if it sounds too awkward; it's a short plagal cadence, resolving from the fourth to the first scale degree. This is very common in European religious music, often accompanied by the choir singing "A-men" to resolve the piece.

https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/chant/s-lBlzs

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Gah, I thought I posted a message here earlier today. I swear, my internet is going to crud. Anyway, let me try to repeat what I tried to say earlier.

This piece was quite difficult to get to sound right. This is the drone that I made into its own song. Tell me if any chord or note or anything sounds too out of place or dissonant. There's some weird music theory behind this, and I really don't know what to even call the key, so there's some weird atonal moments and moments where you say "geez, that sounds awful...but so right". I also slowed the drums down in reference to the Sanctum music from MNOG.https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/drone/s-VmmLm

This theme is great! It sound like to me that it would fit into a nation that is desert oriented, such as Jarraradat, Vorwoud, or the (yet to me named) unified vorox nation! Those are just my thoughts though.

This song is very immersive. Rings true to what most would probably imagine would fit a desert and has an alien feel to it, all the while having a Bionicle atmosphere. You have outdone yourself my friend. :) I think a fitting title could possibly be either 'The Wastes of Bara Magna', 'The Wastes', or 'Bara Magna'. I'm more leaning on the last one myself. My only extremely minuscule complaint is that I would like it to be longer, but I am not sure how you could pull that off.
I will try to extend it. Do you think any extra instruments or anything should be added?

Guitars, maybe. But we should hear the extended version first before we add anything else.

EDIT:

I made a different version of Ateros Nova's flag. I felt the previous versions didn't give much representation to the agori.

ateros_nova_flag3.jpg

Something is making me not like this, like the symbolism of the Three Virtues is gone. I'll experiment with other versions.

Wait! What about the bottom and top portions of the symbol? Beacuse that I do believe is the symbol used for the enemies of the matoran and agori. But it's origins where never truly explained. I'd frankly use that symbol for the Dark Hunters, honestly.

Not sure if it could help, but maybe some instruments used in this could be of assistance.

Nah dude, that's the symbol that is on the Bara Magna flag (which I got from Biosector01). Something like it but with a hallow circle in the middle was used by the Teridax-era Brotherhood of Makuta (the circle being filled up by the Mask of Shadows).

Would any group have a medieval European chanting style music? Because I researched some medieval music theory and came up with a mildly authentic sounding chant thing. The random bit at the end can be taken out if it sounds too awkward; it's a short plagal cadence, resolving from the fourth to the first scale degree. This is very common in European religious music, often accompanied by the choir singing "A-men" to resolve the piece.

Closest thing would be the Skrall (and all agori that fall with 'em) and the Nealite Ice Tribe (Iconox; and that is only because they both have origins in the mountains and have had cultural exchanges). Specifically the Skrall in the following example, you would need a bit of a barbaric feel to go with it. The movie, "The Eagle" could provide some inspiration in the form of ambient majesty in the form of it's soundtrack. Listening to your track made me think it could be the beginning/intro to a song about the Skrall, possibly about the ancient hero Greani, after that barbaric drums could pound and slow epicness could tune in! Yes! The monkish chanting could commence once again with other musical instruments creating an atmosphere of ancient glory! But then decay in sadness give way (death of Greani, eventual extinction of Greani's Skrall dynasty and disintegration of the Kingdom of Neala and the rise of the city-states, and the savage brutality of most modern Skrall), leading to the outro to be the same as the intro.

Sorry, went on a tangent there. Happens a lot if you believe it. :P

EDIT:

I am having trouble connecting to Paradox Plaza, which I need to go to to seek help pertaining to the mod;s map. Until then, the in-game version of the map is being put on hiatus.

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

No joke, this morning I woke up to this song in my head, or rather in my dream I guess....

But in was I think in E- and was also followed by this:

So it had me thinkking, what if we could implement music based on the situation at hand for the player, situational music if you will. I know it's not in the base game, so we would have to code it in ourselves, but it's something to think about.

I think the reason why I was hearing a mix of the two songs was because I was in a state of complete and total rest, whilst by brain was just starting to become aware of the situation, plus the weather outside is not unlike that of the weather outside when I got Mask of Light, or when I got Legends of Metru Nui.

So I guess my brain just fed me with nostalgia too wake me up, I also smelled pancakes when I woke up, even though my parents hadn't cooked any.

ANYWAY, it's just an idea I had.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

So it had me thinkking, what if we could implement music based on the situation at hand for the player, situational music if you will. I know it's not in the base game, so we would have to code it in ourselves, but it's something to think about.

I think the reason why I was hearing a mix of the two songs was because I was in a state of complete and total rest, whilst by brain was just starting to become aware of the situation, plus the weather outside is not unlike that of the weather outside when I got Mask of Light, or when I got Legends of Metru Nui.

So I guess my brain just fed me with nostalgia too wake me up, I also smelled pancakes when I woke up, even though my parents hadn't cooked any.

I have spoken to Vanson about this, and I expressed that I would love to have the main theme have some tunes from the movies, specifically Legends of Metru-Nui. Back when I was trying to create the theme for A Rude Awakening I was trying to adapt a melody from LoMN but I couldn't quite capture it. Here, you can check out the draft here.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

I have spoken to Vanson about this, and I expressed that I would love to have the main theme have some tunes from the movies, specifically Legends of Metru-Nui. Back when I was trying to create the theme for A Rude Awakening I was trying to adapt a melody from LoMN but I couldn't quite capture it. Here, you can check out the draft here.

Soundcloud couldn't find that track, according to them.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Welcome to the team, Montosoy9!

Is the first one the one called The Bard?  Hmm, it does reflect the agori I guess, but it doesn't seem to fit the theme of the others. Maybe some sort of an electronica beat? Not sure... I knew the SM natives were going to be tricky to capture in terms of music. :confused:

Montosoy9 has made a couple of flags that I like, so please say hi to our newest member. :D

Yeah, I was having trouble with the name. I kind of imagined this as some sort of folk music for some Agori.

Thanks, sorry for the late reply, lol.

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_2.jpg 
Proud Graphics Artist.
Current 2015 collection:

I have them all :P

green = all, blue = partial, black = none

Only non-promotionals counted

Is the first one the one called The Bard?  Hmm, it does reflect the agori I guess, but it doesn't seem to fit the theme of the others. Maybe some sort of an electronica beat? Not sure... I knew the SM natives were going to be tricky to capture in terms of music. :confused:

Montosoy9 has made a couple of flags that I like, so please say hi to our newest member. :D

Yeah, I was having trouble with the name. I kind of imagined this as some sort of folk music for some Agori.

No problem. But I think your signature is too big. I am telling you this because I don't want you to have to redo your whole thing like with what has happened to me way too many times in the past. Oh, and nice banner. *clicks tongue twice*

I forgot to mention something before. I purposefully did not make any country or culture based off of high-to-late western-to-central Europe because too many fantasy stories try to rip-off/take influence the aforementioned historical period and from Tolkien's mythopeia, and one of the great things about Bionicle is it's exclusion of that. Again, you could combine some of those tunes with some more primitive/barbaric ones and slap 'skrall' on the tin.

Oh, and if you (or anyone) needs further inspiration, the following music DLC packs from Crusader Kings II could apply (had these ideas while I was trying out the expansion 'Horse Lords' earlier):

Nealite Agori -> 'Songs of Byzantium' and 'Songs of the Caliph'.

Skrall and Jirapa (to some extent) -> 'Hymns of the Old Gods'

Every native to Bara Magna -> 'Songs of the Steppes'

------- -------

Imrukii, try this link out.

https://soundcloud.com/rc1505/rude-awakening-song-test/s-PXQrz

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

No problem. But I think your signature is too big. I am telling you this because I don't want you to have to redo your whole thing like with what has happened to me way too many times in the past. Oh, and nice banner. *clicks tongue twice*

I forgot to mention something before. I purposefully did not make any country or culture based off of high-to-late western-to-central Europe because too many fantasy stories try to rip-off/take influence the aforementioned historical period and from Tolkien's mythopeia, and one of the great things about Bionicle is it's exclusion of that. Again, you could combine some of those tunes with some more primitive/barbaric ones and slap 'skrall' on the tin.

Oh, and if you (or anyone) needs further inspiration, the following music DLC packs from Crusader Kings II could apply (had these ideas while I was trying out the expansion 'Horse Lords' earlier):

Nealite Agori -> 'Songs of Byzantium' and 'Songs of the Caliph'.

Skrall and Jirapa (to some extent) -> 'Hymns of the Old Gods'

Every native to Bara Magna -> 'Songs of the Steppes'

------- -------

The song itself could work, you just need to add more to it.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

------- -------

Well yeah, it was just a draft. My free trial for that program ran out and I have long since uninstalled it from my computer, so enjoy what little I had there. :P

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

------- -------

Well yeah, it was just a draft. My free trial for that program ran out and I have long since uninstalled it from my computer, so enjoy what little I had there. :P

Perhaps Vanson, or Madu could do some work on it.

pure_muscle.png

Ok, fixed my sig a bit. Any tasks for me?

All we have going on right now are flags, music and lore development.

If you want (or any lurker reading this), you can make your own country for the full game (full game will take place after the Great Being Civil War; current game development is for stuff before and during the GBCW as it is a demo of the sorts to see what we can and can't do). During and after the Great Being Civil War the matoran race (and some other matoran universe races) traverse the Endless Ocean that is Aqua Magna from the Deit Islands (a country and location of Imrukii's design, I just fleshed it out a bit more), ending up on remote islands and far away lands; this was done to ensure the survival of the MU races in case something horrible happened at Deit. You can also make your own race that is located on some of the more remote areas of Spherus Magna, them being sentient but the agori of Bara Magna and Bota Magna have had little to no contact with them; maybe this race will have complications with MU colonists and immigrants (Greg Farshety described how The Shadowed One was going to recruit agori, skrall, and races from the far reaches of Spherus Magna as part of the Dark Hunters). If you do that, then you can make flags and some history for them and I could talk to you about fleshing it out.

I love writing my lore for this version of Spherus Magna, so I'd be more than happy to help (you can see this, for example, when it comes to Greani: he was originally created just to explain why the skrall had green in the 2010 sets :lol: ).

If you don't want to do that, then flags for minor countries could do: a few small agori city-states, early matoran island settlements, some more vorox flags, steppe-based ostonigosa flags, etc. Oh, we need a flag for New Destral, which is under the command of Makuta Miserix (no Kraahkan here). Wanna try that out?

--- --- ---

Meanwhile, I am creating concept art for in-game loading screens to show my versions of Spherus Magna Natives. Currently, Zadashah Jararradatshah, then either skrall or vorox. I already have some sketches of skrall (in a sketchpad, sorry it's not digital), and I have this skrall helmet that I have adapted to be more realistic.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

>Bionicle_Heroes_Theme<

I doubt there's any way you could include this song without severe copyright issues, but something similar would be awesome.

Well we are not producing A Rude Awakening for money, so I doubt there would or could be any legal action. Thing is, to make this stand on it's own we are trying to mostly use unique music. Maybe one of the songs can have the main melody in there, but it wouldn't be exactly the same.

--- --- ---

EDIT: I have found a program that will produce a 3D form of the map. It is only available for free for a month (two days have been squandered), so I will be working heavily on the map now (sorry Lore section). Here is a preview of the 3D map by using this program (with the latest incomplete version of the map for the demo):

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Magnetro/A-Rude-Awakening/World-Map/sm_3d_example1.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Magnetro/A-Rude-Awakening/World-Map/sm_3d_example1.2.png

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I know I said I would work on the map, but I just am not feeling like doing that right now, so I have updated the first page by giving the names to the remaining Element Lords (and Lady) and giving them histories. Also, Kebewa has been renamed to Dijang. If you guys have ideas for anymore Element Lords (not using sci-fi stuff, these guys are ancient rulers), please do tell me. I am thinking Mud might work, ruler of swamps.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I know I said I would work on the map, but I just am not feeling like doing that right now, so I have updated the first page by giving the names to the remaining Element Lords (and Lady) and giving them histories. Also, Kebewa has been renamed to Dijang. If you guys have ideas for anymore Element Lords (not using sci-fi stuff, these guys are ancient rulers), please do tell me. I am thinking Mud might work, ruler of swamps.

635733137622282977710713676_shia-labeouf

pure_muscle.png

Man, that man has gone off the deep end...

I'll try and start working on the map tomorrow. I have been wanting to start working on the areas immediately east of Geneteira, but what is putting me off is finishing Neala's physical terrain. Also, with that program 'Crazybump', I have been thinking about recreating the current revised world in a full color map so that Crazybump could do all the hard work for me.

Also, I just wanted to put something Chinese-related in there. They deserve some love too. :P I mean, we got 'Steoples' in there (steppe peoples), might as go further, right? However, I didn't want to do too much East Asian stuff because Bionicle never explored that kind of stuff and I don't want to stray too far.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I'll try and start working on the map tomorrow. I have been wanting to start working on the areas immediately east of Geneteira, but what is putting me off is finishing Neala's physical terrain. Also, with that program 'Crazybump', I have been thinking about recreating the current revised world in a full color map so that Crazybump could do all the hard work for me.

Also, I just wanted to put something Chinese-related in there. They deserve some love too. :P I mean, we got 'Steoples' in there (steppe peoples), might as go further, right? However, I didn't want to do too much East Asian stuff because Bionicle never explored that kind of stuff and I don't want to stray too far.

Technically, there was some Japanese lore in MNOG 2 I think. Many additional Matoran names were either Japanese, German or Finnish. For example, the Le-Matoran Orkahm's name is derived from the German word for hurricane, Orkan.

On-topic, I agree with the Chinese related stuff idea. I think you could make an interesting group derived from Ancient Chinese law (Confucianism) and religion (Daoism and Buddhism). 

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

JUST DO IT!

Technically, there was some Japanese lore in MNOG 2 I think. Many additional Matoran names were either Japanese, German or Finnish. For example, the Le-Matoran Orkahm's name is derived from the German word for hurricane, Orkan.

On-topic, I agree with the Chinese related stuff idea. I think you could make an interesting group derived from Ancient Chinese law (Confucianism) and religion (Daoism and Buddhism). 

I have a cousin and he said I should use some of the history of Clan Tokugawa from Japan's Sengoku period in A Rude Awakening (he's part Japanese and really enjoys reading their feudal history), and he even intermixed it finding some sort of lost powered armor from the Core War that raised a warlord to power (been a while). I still don't know how to implement it and where to put it, but If I find a place for his idea then I'll use it.

I've used some Chinese stuff for the Element Lord of Earth already. I was thinking there would be Chinese-style and Steppe barbarians the further east you go until there are either only wastelands or other sentients pop-up (ones I have previously described). I was also thinking of giving the Great Beings some sort of an oriental flair (while mixing it with Nealite and some proto-Matoran stuff), as they too spring from the Geroikoi (a half of the first split in Spherus Magna native sentients, other half is agori).

EDIT: If you look under Ostonigosa in the Lore section on the first page, I have included some stuff about the other Geroikoi variants. The Zhonyu are loosely based off of China and other nearby East Asian cultures. I will clean this up and separate each of the Geroikoi sub-races and cultures at a later time. Also, Onyu comes from Onu; I wanted a slight linguistic tie between the Great Beings (as they are of Geroikoi descent) and the Matoran while retaining the ethnic feel of those original speakers.

Another thing. The current flag for the Element Lord of Earth will be replaced. Kebewa will be a city-state name for one of the Earth Tribe peoples and I will also use that flag for them.

@Imrukii, would you like to make separate flag/country descriptions for your Luhneahns, or rather I use the area description you have already created and insert that under the Lore section? Sorry for not getting to that sooner.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Who would have the Japanese-esque culture? More far East barbarians?

C'mon now, that's offensive man: the Japanese are not barbarians. :P

The closest thing I can think of being Japanese-like would probably be some Zhonyu that settled south of the mainland into some islands. And I would have made this post almost immediately, but I then thought a map would help explain, so I spent half of the time since then making it (please keep in mind that I will be changing Bota Magna); I hope this helps you and others: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Magnetro/A-Rude-Awakening/World-Map/revised_sm_-_region_names.jpg

EDIT: It appears that I accidentally erased Deit. Everyone, quick, pretend it's there before Imrukii notices! :o

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

The closest thing I can think of being Japanese-like would probably be some Zhonyu that settled south of the mainland into some islands. And I would have made this post almost immediately, but I then thought a map would help explain, so I spent half of the time since then making it (please keep in mind that I will be changing Bota Magna); I hope this helps you and others: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Magnetro/A-Rude-Awakening/World-Map/revised_sm_-_region_names.jpg

EDIT: It appears that I accidentally erased Deit. Everyone, quick, pretend it's there before Imrukii notices! :o

I'm so sorry.... ._.

(no but srsly plz fix this, I don't think I could live any longer without it being there, I think I'm coming down with a case of the vapors I dunno.)

Edit: Large images, large text, and filter bypass removed. Please be polite.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

pure_muscle.png

TOO LATE BENCH!! WELCOME TO PAINLAND!

(no but srsly plz fix this, I don't think I could live anylonger without it being there.)

Meh, I'll do it tomorrow. It's late over here.

Your language is pretty close. I don't mind it, but be wary of staff actions.

}----|]I||I[|----{

As another subject, I've posted a picture I made concerning the Ostonigosa stronghold of Tsaiz-Kuluu. Go here to look at the topic. Enjoy.

EDIT:

Here you go Imrukii, sorry about that. Calm your biscuits: I hope this sustains further rude outbursts like your post edit above. :annoyed:

Edited by -Windrider-

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Would Mata Nui have sunken under the waves? In the 2008 commercial, it looked like it was split into ~5 pieces by the Great Spirit Robot. Maybe that could be an island chain?

Proud Graphics Artist.
Current 2015 collection:

Would Mata Nui have sunken under the waves? In the 2008 commercial, it looked like it was split into ~5 pieces by the Great Spirit Robot. Maybe that could be an island chain?

Interesting idea, that wasn't really what I was going for, for the Islamds of Deit, my idea for that was that after the battle, and reformation, there was a lot of volcanic activity under the waves that cause a lard underwater mountain shain to form, and at the top of that chain the Deit Island chain was formed, with the main Island having a volcano that was formed that would overtime lesson the activity underground, and this stop the creation of more islands and isles, but this would happen MANY years before the Island Chain would have even been discovered so, there really wouldn't be a threat of volcanic eruptions.

But as for the Island of Mata Nui, well, Mata Nui was much MUCH larger than Deit, if anything survived from it, ir would probably be on the other side of the world, or embeded into the terrain somewhere.

As an off note, I think I have found a bit of an easteregg in the map of the matoran universe; 

bionicle_southern_islands.png

bionicle_southern_islands_2.png

Doesn't this look rather familiar?

As in this;

Early+bionicle_Doo+Heads+logo.jpg

Okay, It's not 100% the same, but it's pretty close.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Interesting idea, that wasn't really what I was going for, for the Islamds of Deit, my idea for that was that after the battle, and reformation, there was a lot of volcanic activity under the waves that cause a lard underwater mountain shain to form, and at the top of that chain the Deit Island chain was formed, with the main Island having a volcano that was formed that would overtime lesson the activity underground, and this stop the creation of more islands and isles, but this would happen MANY years before the Island Chain would have even been discovered so, there really wouldn't be a threat of volcanic eruptions.

But as for the Island of Mata Nui, well, Mata Nui was much MUCH larger than Deit, if anything survived from it, ir would probably be on the other side of the world, or embeded into the terrain somewhere.

As an off note, I think I have found a bit of an easteregg in the map of the matoran universe; 

As in this;

[voodoo heads logo]

Probably did that on purpose. I mean, why get rid of a perfectly good island shape when there are a bunch or uninhabited islands to the south that you can just cram it into?

I just remembered: Every island shape in the Matoran Universe is based off of one that was on Spherus Magna. With planetary changes that means that most of the islands would have had their coastline change (thus allowing for customization here before being put into the game map).

As a side note, please work on your spelling, it was sometimes cringe-worthy to read that. Do you have a spellcheck program for your web browser? Firefox comes with one (browser I use), just an FYI.

@Montosoy9

That would be the case, but I am still debating in my head of as to where the Great Spirit Robot would have landed on Aqua Magna. All this time I had it in my head that the body would have landed on a side of Aqua Magna that is not burred under earth. But your island idea is interesting, so I just might reconsider. However, I remember reading/hearing something like the following from the Mata Nui Rising sound file (going off of memory here), "A gigantic metallic head of metallic protodermis pushed through the center of the once beautiful island, the large pieces of the ruined island sliding down and dissolving into the maelstrom."

Now, either he (that is, the narrator) was being over dramatic (like when he said 'a hundred thousand years' instead of just 'a thousand years'), or did Mata-Nui dissolve into just chunks of dirt and pebbles?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

As in this;

[voodoo heads logo]

Probably did that on purpose. I mean, why get rid of a perfectly good island shape when there are a bunch or uninhabited islands to the south that you can just cram it into?

I just remembered: Every island shape in the Matoran Universe is based off of one that was on Spherus Magna. With planetary changes that means that most of the islands would have had their coastline change (thus allowing for customization here before being put into the game map).

As a side note, please work on your spelling, it was sometimes cringe-worthy to read that. Do you have a spellcheck program for your web browser? Firefox comes with one (browser I use), just an FYI.

@Montosoy9

That would be the case, but I am still debating in my head of as to where the Great Spirit Robot would have landed on Aqua Magna. All this time I had it in my head that the body would have landed on a side of Aqua Magna that is not burred under earth. But your island idea is interesting, so I just might reconsider. However, I remember reading/hearing something like the following from the Mata Nui Rising sound file (going off of memory here), "A gigantic metallic head of metallic protodermis pushed through the center of the once beautiful island, the large pieces of the ruined island sliding down and dissolving into the maelstrom."

Now, either he (that is, the narrator) was being over dramatic (like when he said 'a hundred thousand years' instead of just 'a thousand years'), or did Mata-Nui dissolve into just chunks of dirt and pebbles?

Yeah, not sure how I didn't catch that on my end, I'm generally pretty good at spellchecking my work. Though it was early in the morning, and I had just gotten up so... It, I feel that it is excusable, if I do it again, it's either a sign that I'm not feeling well (like today) or that I was really tired when I made the post, or that I was in a rush.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Yeah, not sure how I didn't catch that on my end, I'm generally pretty good at spellchecking my work. Though it was early in the morning, and I had just gotten up so... It, I feel that it is excusable, if I do it again, it's either a sign that I'm not feeling well (like today) or that I was really tired when I made the post, or that I was in a rush.

All understandable: I make typos all the time, that is why half of the posts I have made have been edited. Doesn't make it any less cringe-worthy though. :P

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

All understandable: I make typos all the time, that is why half of the posts I have made have been edited. Doesn't make it any less cringe-worthy though. :P
Not as cringe-worthy as the animations though, am I right? Ehem, anyway. I'm still sick, not sure what it is, it feels like strep throat, but I'm not too sure. With that said, I may not be able to post much, it depends on how I feel, but since I'm off from school for today, I may be able to get a thing or two out. There is also the weekend, but again it depends on how I feel. Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Not as cringe-worthy as the animations though, am I right? Ehem, anyway. I'm still sick, not sure what it is, it feels like strep throat, but I'm not too sure. With that said, I may not be able to post much, it depends on how I feel, but since I'm off from school for today, I may be able to get a thing or two out. There is also the weekend, but again it depends on how I feel.

This is being done for free, take as long as you want dude. :P  Until I start paying you all, I don't expect any 'quotas' or anything of the like. :superfunny:

Thanks for the update though, appreciate the consideration.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Heh, I'd probably refuse payment, seeing as I don't really do much around here. But get better, Imrukii.

After rewatching the Final Battle animation over and over, I think I have a location for the destroyed Mata Nui island, if you want to use it. I assumed that the island was split into 6 very rough, craggy islands as depicted in the animation, how would I do a heightmap for that? The center coast of each island (i.e. not facing the larger ocean) would be extremely steep and rocky. The Bohrok would have cleaned the entire island by now and destroyed everything that lives on it, but the islands still exist, so maybe there's a settlement of some sort on one of the islands? I placed the archipelago near what I'd assume would be a tropical area, so the islands would probably be very hot as well.

Anyways, here's the map. http://imgur.com/T2fxZGV

I placed Mata Nui there because it always looked really far out into the ocean, wasn't the journey to Voya Nui from Mata Nui and described as very long?

Proud Graphics Artist.
Current 2015 collection:

Heh, I'd probably refuse payment, seeing as I don't really do much around here. But get better, Imrukii.

After rewatching the Final Battle animation over and over, I think I have a location for the destroyed Mata Nui island, if you want to use it. I assumed that the island was split into 6 very rough, craggy islands as depicted in the animation, how would I do a heightmap for that? The center coast of each island (i.e. not facing the larger ocean) would be extremely steep and rocky. The Bohrok would have cleaned the entire island by now and destroyed everything that lives on it, but the islands still exist, so maybe there's a settlement of some sort on one of the islands? I placed the archipelago near what I'd assume would be a tropical area, so the islands would probably be very hot as well.

Anyways, here's the map. http://imgur.com/T2fxZGV

I placed Mata Nui there because it always looked really far out into the ocean, wasn't the journey to Voya Nui from Mata Nui and described as very long?

I know that the water of Aqua Magna, along with the settled waters that were near Bara Magna's core, were thinned out across the planet creating more lands and seas (huh, that reminded me of the Holy Bible right there...), but mata-Nui's fragments seem too large unless there are to be in sharp inclines (and even then they may be too large). Much of those plates were dissolved and further fragmented. Also, if the crash site is there (First Great Cataclysm), then I'll have to incorporate the limb denting into the far eastern coast. it's work, but a much welcomed one as I haven't been fully satisfied with the far east since I last worked on it.

The remnants of the crash by the right arm will slightly change the coast, and the crash will no doubt have resulted in deep valleys and mountain ranges in the shape of the GSR (all submerged), said mountain tops appearing as little islands.

And my excuse to create inland seas in Bara Magna means that Aqua Magna (and Bota Magna) are tilted. Oh what fun, tilting not only two former planetoids/moons, but also having to do a gradual shade on an outline on Mata Nui's crash. :dozingoff:

--- --- --- --- --- ---

EDIT:

Well, I have updated the Lore section under Fifth Era (ran out of room in the process, just look at the damage done to Ostonigosa! :nervous: ). It pertains to Makuta Teridax. Now what I have there is not final, and that is actually the reason why I am putting this here. After I wrote what I have written under the pre-described area, it gave me new ideas.

Instead of Makuta Teridax immediately rising to power among the antidermic collective, he is tortured by the fallen Makuta that he either slew or used, while the original dark fallen ones mock him over his supposed almighty power and knowledge. He has raw power, but he is outnumbered, not to mention Teridax is mentally broken from gaining his life's goal, going crazy with ultimate power, and then losing it. When he runs to the far corners of the space he inhabits to escape torment (that is a sort of secondary plane of existence for those angelic ones within the same plane/universe as the mortals) he attempts to make contact with his Makutine believers before his bretheren and harassers return to his presence. His main goal is to return to the mortal world in a new body to resume his quest for universal domination (which I think would be done by possessing an already living person *coughahkmoumaybeortserkouracough*, I am open for ideas though). Though this would never succeed, In A Rude Awakening I imagine that players could create an alternative timeline where he did succeed.

So, anyone got any ideas?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

If this were CK2, there could be an event chain detailing your character being posessed by Teridax. In EU4, aren't there those National Mission things? Maybe something about installing Teridax as ruler in there.

Proud Graphics Artist.
Current 2015 collection:

If this were CK2, there could be an event chain detailing your character being posessed by Teridax. In EU4, aren't there those National Mission things? Maybe something about installing Teridax as ruler in there.

You could also have an event chain, but it is usually sprung by certain requirements, such as owning certain territories, being at certain tech levels, etc.

The more my lore gets deeper, the more I start to ponder about switching over to CKII. A few thing are preventing me from doing that, however: diplomatic options, colonization, deeper trade than CKII, not to mention EUIV is overall easier to mod. Like, if we were to do a Crusader Kings II mod, we'd also have to make portraits of everybody, and those that reproduce create a genetic inheritance 'dice-roll' for the faces of future generations, not to mention try to clear the slate from all of the events that pop up around the thousands of playable characters.

I've said this before, if this mod is successful, then I really would like to make a mod pertaining to Bara Magna before the creation of the Mega-Village (okay, never said that last part before).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

As a quick update on my condition, I had to go to the ER yesterday (20th) to see what I had, Turns out I have Pneumonia, as well as a small gallstone (as in my gallbladder) it's nothing serious, but stones tend to run in my family so, I guess I didn't escape that little curse.

Anyway, I have become inspired to make flags, so expect me to post more of them.

UPDATE:

I have made 2 new Vorox Tribal Flags;

jharuhd.jpg

Jharuhd

yuittor.jpg

Yuittor

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Those flags are pretty cool, love the vibe of a hand-drawn, remind me of this hand-made Qing flag. http://textile-museum.tumblr.com/post/42505324748/flag-of-the-qing-empire-china-1890-1912-silk

Aw yeah, that looks really cool.

EDIT: Added Imrukii's new vorox flags to the appropriate post.

Also, I hate to ask this, but this has been bothering the OCD side of me. Could someone please +1 the lore section on the first page?

EDIT 2: I have updated the Deities section, specifically the Great Beings. Anyone like my vision for the Great Being's origins? That is inspired by story material I have had for a while now through these pictures and their descriptions.

http://tahuzilla.deviantart.com/art/Primitive-Great-Being-fighting-Anonna-292576818

http://tahuzilla.deviantart.com/art/Anonna-304010751

And for the mask and cowl, I've always envisioned one having a mask like this and others have different masks in similar simplistic styles, and the Great Beings utilize that part of their culture into their creations in the form of the kanohi.

http://tahuzilla.deviantart.com/art/Great-Being-concept-292576149

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

UPDATE: Guy's I updated those two Vorox flags I made recently, the updated versions you can find my scrolling three posts up.

pure_muscle.png

Those flags are pretty cool, love the vibe of a hand-drawn, remind me of this hand-made Qing flag. http://textile-museum.tumblr.com/post/42505324748/flag-of-the-qing-empire-china-1890-1912-silk

Also, I hate to ask this, but this has been bothering the OCD side of me. Could someone please +1 the lore section on the first page?

Done.

Proud Graphics Artist.
Current 2015 collection: