Your Favorite Lego Theme?

Peach 00

• 2 weeks later...

Bionicle, hands down. And I'm not just saying it 'cause we're on a Bionicle site, it's true. No other line has really had me as immersed in its story and universe as Bionicle did. While I did follow the "animated comics" (for lack of a better term) that Knights Kingdom, Orient Expedition, and Exo-Force had, those just came and went for me (I'm not even sure I ever finished the KK and EF ones...and I'm honestly not gonna bother trying to find them). Bionicle had me sticking around for a long friggin' time, since it had so much more. The MNOLGs, the actual comic books that came with LEGO Magazines, the Flash movies on the site, the novels, the actual movies, all the cool fan-made stuff on this very site...Bionicle kept me hooked for a pretty long time, and I'm truly impressed that a LEGO toy line of all things could actually immerse you so much, which is why I call Bionicle LEGO's best theme ever.Close seconds could be the Knights Kingdom ('04 line with the Canister-set-sized figures, not the really old one that I would've been too young to remember) or Star Wars lines. KK's canister sets were cool, and I LOVE the swords, especially since they're compatible with Bionicle, and Star Wars...well, it was Star Wars! I WOULD say Exo-Force, since I liked the sets a lot, but I got into that only a few months before I felt I was too old to be playing with toys. Also, Johnny Thunder was pretty cool. I guess the thing I liked about JT was that while he was an established LEGO character, he didn't have much of a huge, established mythos like Bionicle did. When playing with Bionicle sets, over 90% of the time I felt the need to stick to the mythos since, well, it was already established for me, whereas with other lines such as JT, I felt like I could be more creative and use my imagination a lot more. I always had him doing weird things like fighting robots, crossing over into Star Wars, getting into swordfights, etc...he was like my personal Joe Vig, except he wasn't completely oblivious to everything.Man, I feel old just for mentioning Joe Vig. Please, someone here tell me they know what I'm talking about...

Edited by Shinken Green

Bionicle - For all reasons already stated.Ninjago - It's basically the story recreation of Bionicle. There were people who liked the sets who now get Hero Factory, and people who liked the story who now get Ninjago. It's also becoming my latest obsession.Exo-Force - I was bought up on Exo-Force and Bionicle. It's gotta be on the list SOMEWHERE!Star Wars - I don't even have an opinion of Star Wars. But I can now recognise a load of the characters, due to the Lego PS2 game.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from Bionicle of course, I have become a fan of Ninjago due to it's fantastic storytelling, Knights Kingdom and Exo-Force have been my favorites in the past for the same reason. For playability and just fun-to-buildness I have been fond of Mars Mission as well as Power Miners

It interchanged through the years from Starwars and Bionicles. In 2006 I stopped collecting Bionicle but continued SW. After Starwars lego became too expensive I switched back to Bionicle. Dont regret it.Some of my other faves through out the years have been Exo Force and Knights Kingdom II

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Bionicle.As for non-Bionicle (which is obviously what you meant), I got into Power Miners, Mars Mission, and Atlantis. When I was a kid (like, almost ten years ago) my big brother collected LEGO Adventures, and I played with them a lot. The skeleton minifigures were awesome, and I freaking love ancient Egypt, so a ton of those awesome hieroglyph pieces and tombs were just awesome IMO. Also the cars; they were so cool. Another favorite was the old space theme. I forget what it was called, but I had like four-five sets and they were awesome.Probably my absolute favorite - Alpha Team. Unfortunately I couldn't collect any of the arctic mission ones, but I was a massive fan of the deep sea missions when I was a kid.

IetTsFQ.png

Star Wars and the Modulars for sure. But I really like the new Dino sets. I think they have a great appeal to them, they are not complex, just fun. The new LOTR is ok, but growing on me. I think there are more really good sets coming from this theme in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

BIONICLE followed by anything futuristic. I'd like Star Wars more if it had more Expanded Universe..all the rehashes are getting repetitive. I'd also like it more if I could afford to buy sets whenever I wanted instead of not at all.

The Legend Lives...

• 3 months later...

Rooster Nui, please remember to check the last date of a topic before posting in it. As per the LEGO Sets Rules, topics that have been inactive for 30 days or more are considered "dead" and cannot be revived:

Topic RevivalIf there have been no posts in a topic for 30 days or more in the Sets Forum, do not post in it. If you want to continue or renew the discussion, just make a new topic. Official Topics are, as always, exempt from this rule.

Topic revived; topic closed.

newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender