Bionicle Spotted in Metal Band Concert

Oroki

Nightwish? Meh. Cool that Bionicle is still getting used like that though, so nice find.

Nightwish! Yay!

And That's cool that they used Matoro in there. I was at a concert years ago for one of my favorite Christian bands, and the visuals for one song was done entirely in LEGO. :) That made my day.

Very strange that you say it like that, as Nightwish is against Christian beliefs (or at least last I heard).

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Nightwish? Meh. Cool that Bionicle is still getting used like that though, so nice find.

Nightwish! Yay!

And That's cool that they used Matoro in there. I was at a concert years ago for one of my favorite Christian bands, and the visuals for one song was done entirely in LEGO. :) That made my day.

Very strange that you say it like that, as Nightwish is against Christian beliefs (or at least last I heard).

I only like a couple of their songs. The one in the video is completely unknown to me, for example. Amaranth and Elvenpath are the only ones that come to mind from what I like of theirs.

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Nightwish! Yay!

Standing for the evolutionary theory doesn't necessarily mean being against Christian beliefs.

So, I was in the concert and didn't actually notice Matoro. A bit of a surprise to find out afterwards.

• Upvote 6

crudelisdiabolus.com2.png

Nightwish! Yay!

Standing for the evolutionary theory doesn't necessarily mean being against Christian beliefs.

So, I was in the concert and didn't actually notice Matoro. A bit of a surprise to find out afterwards.

I once listened to a few of their songs, one of them being a recording from a concert, and they yelled out things along the line of 'there being no God' and other things of the sort. Last I checked, that was one of the credentials of belonging to the Christian faith.

This is getting a bit off-topic and borderline on rules, I suggest we take it to PMs or just drop the conversation. :)

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

who cares what their beliefs (or lack thereof) are? if somebody who's a christian enjoys their music, what's so surprising or wrong about that? same goes the other way. I'm an atheist but a couple of my favorite bands use christian lyrical themes. music's music. enjoy what you enjoy.

anyway not a fan of Nightwish but this is pretty cool. not the first time I've seen an unexpected appearance of Bionicle in metal, either.

• Upvote 9

Cool find. Nice to see Bionicle on stage

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

What a twist! The random bionicle references are real. Wouldn't it be cool if that Rahkshi Guitarist showed up in a concert too?

This is just as random as when I saw that episode of Subergatory when 2 characters briefly talked about Takanuva

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

I'm not a huge Nightwish fan, but I'm not surprised that a Bionicle would make a random appearance in one of their videos (they are a pretty random band, imo), but also, the band itself is European and Bionicle (Lego) is also European. I don't live in Europe, but I think there is a geographic correlation to explain this; anyone from Europe here to back me up or prove me wrong?

Never the less, I'm glad that a Bionicle did appear in a concert :D

Too bad it was an Inika and not a Bionicle with gear functions...because then I could've made the pun:

I guess the Bionicles are turning the gears of Heavy Metal :P (I know, it's pretty bad lol)

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I'm not a huge Nightwish fan, but I'm not surprised that a Bionicle would make a random appearance in one of their videos (they are a pretty random band, imo), but also, the band itself is European and Bionicle (Lego) is also European. I don't live in Europe, but I think there is a geographic correlation to explain this; anyone from Europe here to back me up or prove me wrong?

Never the less, I'm glad that a Bionicle did appear in a concert :D

Too bad it was an Inika and not a Bionicle with gear functions...because then I could've made the pun:

I guess the Bionicles are turning the gears of Heavy Metal :P (I know, it's pretty bad lol)

he he he ha

Edit: Please try to add more substance to your posts!

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

cringe

• 3 weeks later...

Somewhere on BZPower, the guy who created the visuals is laughing. That or he has no clue about Bionicle. Either way, what does it matter?

It just makes people happy ok? That's what matters  :P

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica