It's So Hard!

My current MOC that isn't posted yet. I can make great limbs, but really suck when it comes to making a torso

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I'm not exactly the best at MOCs, so I never really had any hard or ambitious ones. I did once try to build a "The Kingdom Teridax." He was going to be really tall, and I incorporated all the other Makuta's masks into it as "trophies" of him absorbing them. I don't think I got very far.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

I'm not exactly the best at MOCs, so I never really had any hard or ambitious ones. I did once try to build a "The Kingdom Teridax." He was going to be really tall, and I incorporated all the other Makuta's masks into it as "trophies" of him absorbing them. I don't think I got very far.

Interesting. :o

Mine will be a suit of armor you can actually wear.

Making arms and legs is a pain. I'm currently having issues with a Makuta, but it's an issue for me in general as well. I've never been able to come up with something that really looks good. I think the main issue is a lack of socket pieces that have something other than a hand setup-thing attached. Just give me a socket with a 1-length axle attached and I'll be happy. Or an axle socket.

As far as finding pieces and "getting stuff to stick," I've never really had many problems that were excessively "hard." I just kinda stare at whatever I'm working on for a while and then move on for a bit. More often than not I end up finding a connection while doodling with side projects.

So yeah…nothing specific, just occasional bouts of builder's block. If I had to choose one especially hard project it'd be a Toa of Plantlife. It just didn't work. Mainly because of the arms and legs. Ugh.

Edited by Paleo

Making arms and legs is a pain. I'm currently having issues with a Makuta, but it's an issue for me in general as well. I've never been able to come up with something that really looks good. I think the main issue is a lack of socket pieces that have something other than a hand setup-thing attached. Just give me a socket with a 1-length axle attached and I'll be happy. Or an axle socket.

As far as finding pieces and "getting stuff to stick," I've never really had many problems that were excessively "hard." I just kinda stare at whatever I'm working on for a while and then move on for a bit. More often than not I end up finding a connection while doodling with side projects.

So yeah…nothing specific, just occasional bouts of builder's block. If I had to choose one especially hard project it'd be a Toa of Plantlife. It just didn't work. Mainly because of the arms and legs. Ugh.

If you need help with a toa of plant life, might I lend a hand?

Out of all the MOCs I've done? Geez, I have no idea. I do have one from years ago that still isn't really complete, due to the fact that it stands almost 2-feet tall and is really gangly. More recently, I get most of them just about right the first time around, but I could say that finding parts is often the issue, which is why it can take me hours to come up with the right design.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Most difficult MoC is probably my Marendar, since it's constantly under revision and evolution. Not as impressive as most people's, but it stands waist, chest head and shoulders above Tahu Okoto, so i consider it my best.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

A mech with guns for arms made entirely out of system complete with a cockpit for a minifig. The legs were easy enough but the top part was realy difficult.

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

God, that's a tricky one. I'd perhaps say the second version of my Omega Tahu, which I built before my migration over to the CCBS. It was tricky getting the shaping for the torso and arms right, as I had built the legs first and wanted to live up to them in the rest of the model. I'll admit though, I do think I failed with the arms, and overall he's very cluttered. Ah well. He's in bits now, so I won't be revisiting him. 

My most difficult CCBS build was probably Kaikohuru. He was my first proper CCBS titan, so developing the legs was a very drawn-out, fiddly procedure. Also, he has a custom gearbox, which took some time to develop. Since building him though, I've picked up on a few techniques which I've used elsewhere

Edited by Logan McOwen

I'd probably say the Exo-Toa I tried to build earlier this year. To be fair, it wouldn't have been nearly as hard if I hadn't been shooting for such a difficult standard. I wanted to evoke the look of the classic set with a smoother, CCBS-esque aesthetic, and moreover wanted it to fit every 2015 Toa without modification, something even the classic set couldn't do.

In the end, despite putting in a BrickLink order for some Silver Metallic Technic panels from the Guardians of the Galaxy sets, I never came up with something I was really happy with. But I might revisit the concept at some point, considering I haven't seen any other MOCs that satisfy those stringent requirements.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Creating the entire "Galaxy Patrol" cast... :P

Had to go on Bricklink and actually buy parts for the first time...

Dang, a whole cast?

I have ideas for a toa of magnets. Obviously not going through with it because I need Magnetix, which are no longer sold. I actually found out the balls from the mini magnetix actually fit in the Y Joints.

Right now I'm basically stuck with MOCing, I don't have money to get more sets... :(

Dang, a whole cast?

I have ideas for a toa of magnets. Obviously not going through with it because I need Magnetix, which are no longer sold. I actually found out the balls from the mini magnetix actually fit in the Y Joints.

Right now I'm basically stuck with MOCing, I don't have money to get more sets... :(

Well when you're planning to make a good comic series, you kinda need a full cast... not to mention those in the background... needless to say it's a huge project and I can't wait to actually start making the comic (already got the timeline down ^_^)!

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Dang, a whole cast?

Well when you're planning to make a good comic series, you kinda need a full cast... not to mention those in the background... needless to say it's a huge project and I can't wait to actually start making the comic (already got the timeline down ^_^)!

Well, I wish you luck ^_^

Dang, a whole cast?

Well, I wish you luck ^_^

Thanks... I'm gonna need it to get through the rest of this summer! ^^;

|

This guy. His body is literally held together by a rubber band, friction, and Spiral Power. Also, I'm still not sure how I managed to keep the beak on there. 

Designing him consisted of shoving parts into the Nuva shoulders until I found a combination that didn't suddenly get scoliosis if you looked at it funny. As you can imagine, this took a ridiculous amount of trial and error.

aouROFb.png

Ditto. I've had this one particular alien MOC I've put on hold for like, 5 months. I can't seems to figure out how thick I want the legs and how the heck am I going to make a custom alien head. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

colors, sepcifically the blocking and layering,

i can assemble a color scheme alright, but i can't group it up in a way that doesn't look patchy. :t

(currentl i'm trying to do orange and tr-fl-light blue. which'd probs be easier if i had more pieces i those colors too. oops.)

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Hardest MOC I've ever worked on? Probably Galaxy Patrol cast, between giving them revamps, redesigning, ordering parts, waiting for sets... *sigh* it's all just a huge first time comic experience for me... hopefully it'll actually get some traction and get pretty popular! ^_^

|