San Diego Comic Con

Black Six

San Diego Comic Con is taking place from July 8-12 in San Diego, California. The LEGO CEE Team recently reached out to the Ambassadors regarding the event, here's an excerpt:

I hope this message finds you each well! I’ve been speaking with a few colleagues in our Brand Relations & Social Media departments and we’ve been brainstorming some interesting cooperative opportunities. One such idea involves members of the AFOL Community physically at Comic-Con International: San Diego (http://www.comic-con.org/about).

Before we take the discussion any further we’re curious if there are any LUG Ambassadors / Work Group Leaders planning to attend the event. To that point, are there any members from your RLUG planning to attend? The event kicks off in just about two weeks so I apologize for the short notice on this question.

At this time I'm not able to promise we can execute something, but before we put anymore thought or effort into this idea we need to take a “head count.”

If you're planning on going to Comic Con, let us know! There may be some cool events in the works that you can participate in!

BIONICLE 2016 ....?

Maybe ....?

I don't think so, mate. It's a bit early for that, as we're not even halfway through the year.

Yeah. If anything, I'd expect Bionicle 2016 talk to be reserved for a return appearance at New York Comic Con this fall, given the theme's massive debut there last year.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

BIONICLE 2016 ....?

Maybe ....?

I don't think so, mate. It's a bit early for that, as we're not even halfway through the year.

Yeah. If anything, I'd expect Bionicle 2016 talk to be reserved for a return appearance at New York Comic Con this fall, given the theme's massive debut there last year.

Okay, fair enough. Makes sense at least.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I'm going. 12th year in a row. I hope Lego can have the summer Bionicle sets for sale...

(They didn't have hero factory in 2013 or 2014, and failed to have the Inika for sale in 2006) so I'm really insecure about merchandise. It would make my days there if the sets are on sale.

Edited by Yitsul

I'll definitely be there!

Now that I think about it, it was a BZPower news article covering Comic-Con way back in 2004 that made me want to go in the first place, and now this will be my 11th year going!  Funny how time flies like that.

I'm going. 12th year in a row. I hope Lego can have the summer Bionicle sets for sale...

(They didn't have hero factory in 2013 or 2014, and failed to have the Inika for sale in 2006) so I'm really insecure about merchandise. It would make my days there if the sets are on sale.

I doubt they'll have the summer Bionicle sets for sale there, considering they're not due for release in the U.S. until August.

Besides, if you have money to burn at SDCC, I imagine you'd be much better off entering the raffles for the exclusive sets and figs. Those will probably appreciate in value enough over the course of the next year or two to buy the summer Bionicle sets several times over.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I doubt they'll have the summer Bionicle sets for sale there, considering they're not due for release in the U.S. until August.

Besides, if you have money to burn at SDCC, I imagine you'd be much better off entering the raffles for the exclusive sets and figs. Those will probably appreciate in value enough over the course of the next year or two to buy the summer Bionicle sets several times over.

Lego stores and Legoland always release new sets early. See how early the summer Bionicle sets have leaked into Europe? I also hope to get Series 5 Mixels there and I'm not interested in the raffles. I'm looking forward to other exclusives throughout the convention.

Edited by Yitsul

• 2 weeks later...