Final Sand Tarakava Replica Auction No.10/10!

Munty

Hi all, sorry it's taken a while to get this listed back up since the last topic was closed but here it is!

Sand Tarakava 10/10 is going up on the podium today, this is the last one for sale and I do not plan on making any more. For those who want to make their own, I'll be making the instructions public once this auction has ended but until the final set sells they are for the eyes of the winning bidders only! 

First up here's a quick recap of what we're bidding on, the Sand Tarakava!

securedownload_zpsd122b5ff.png

This set has been meticulously recreated from original photos of PurpleDave's genuine replica. The only part I have not copied is the yellow Ruru which is of course a replica and I had no luck painting a custom one. Personally I think the Komau looks great but I've included a spare ruru with each set so that the buyer can choose to repaint it should they wish!

Everything shown below is included in the sale (though it's an old pic of empty instructions here!) The box has period artwork on the front and is numbered and signed on the back with a little additional info on the item itself. The instructions include a full inventory as well as painstakingly recreated step-by-step instructions follwing the same format as the other 2001 Rahi sets. There are also 2 cards inside the box, one of which is simply another numbered card and the other of which shows how to build both the original (wierd) prototype track assembly and a more stable and final version. Parts are included for both.

It should be noted I've actually got 2 parts wrong on this replica which I learned after shipping the others! No.10 will ship with the pieces to remedy this but otherwise will remain exactly the same as the other 9 (besides being no.10...) I'll explain the mistake in the instructions when I upload them following the final sale!

Here's what the winning bidder is buying!

10835144_10153034653371763_8426668532880

The rules for this auction will be the same as the other sets but I'm going to extend the period it runs for this time since it's the last chance people will have to get one! For this reason, we'll still be observing a 24 hour period without votes before the listing is considered closed, but we'll also be observing a 7 day period following the time at which the first bid is placed. That means this listing WILL last 7 days, even if there is only one opening bid! The starting bid will be £100 and shipping will be paid by the winner once the bidding ends, though I can provide quotes for this service at any time of course. Bidding is to be in increments of at least £1 but if we do end up with several interested bidders please consider more reasonable advances since there will be no sniping in this auction anyway! 

I'm going to throw open the doors now, bidding to start at £100. I may consider a delay in payment if you want to own this but need time to save up the funds but I'll be looking for at least £50 to be paid within 24 hours of the auction ending so please bear this in mind when bidding! A winning bidder who fails to complete the purchase will be reported to the site staff so please only bid if you intend to buy!

This has been a great adventure for me and it'll be almost sad to see the last set go but hopefully it will go to a good home and help fund another wild project in the future! In the meantime, thanks to everyone who has supported this project and all my fellow replica owners! And good luck of course to any and all would-be bidders! Don't miss your last chance to own a really great little set! 

T

• Upvote 3

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Thanks Biofreak for getting us going. It's looking pretty good for you and no.10 right now as we're already 3 days through the auction! If there are no more bids then the listing will end on July 3rd at 12.24am!

If anyone else is watching, remember this is the last one I'm selling so no more second chances! Good luck Biofreak!

As one of the owners of the elusive Sand Tarakava (no. 6 specifically), I'd have to say that this is basically a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Bidders should know that this is as close to the real prototype as you will ever get.

Munty is a good friend of mine and I can vouch for his craftsmanship, dedication to this project, and overall want to please customers.

For the first time in four years ... the Bionicle story comes to a close

with the Bionicle Disunity trilogy

Were you as shocked as I was upon learning the Bionicle serials "The Yesterday Quest" and "The Powers That Be" would never be finished?

Did you know that Lego won't allow Greg Farshtey to complete the story because they want to focus on marketing G2?

My close friend The Mad Great Being has been working tirelessly on completing the Bionicle story ... and now it is finally finished. His writing style stays

true to the integrity of the characters that we know and love.  His plot ideas are something only comparable to Greg Farshtey's.

Trust me, I'm hard to please with fan-fiction.  If you liked reading Bionicle Chronicles/Adventures/Legends ... then you won't

want to miss the next best thing since learning Mata Nui was a 40-million-foot-tall robot.

BZP User The Mad Great Being presents ... Bionicle: Malevolence

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19970-the-great-being-civil-war/

Sponsored by Wamsutta

Thanks Wam, I think the listing is over now right?! It's 12.30pm here now so I'm pretty sure that means 12.30am has already happened! Congratulations to BioFreak who's scored set 10/10 (and for a bargain too if you ask me!) I'll contact you via pm now and we'll sort out shipping it to you asap.

In the meantime, I'll request this thread closed so I can have my store topic re-opened so if anyone has any queries about the Sand Tarakava in the future please feel free to message me here. Just don't ask for any more as 10 is all there are! :D

Many thanks to all nine of the Sand Tarakava's adoptive owners and I hope very much you'll be happy together for many years to come! The support I've received throughout the development process of this set will undoubtedly lead to another project in the future so please watch this space and feel free to pitch me ideas about what should come next! 

Until next time, thankyou all! T