How well has bionicle 2015 done for lego?

Ekimu

The closest thing we have of knowing is TTV's Merlin Mann interviews. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

How well has bionicle 2015 done. Did it met lego's expectations, surpass them? I am wondering if it took off or if it's hero factory all over again.

Just going to point out that "Hero Factory all over again" is far from a bad thing. Hero Factory lasted a good five years, which is more than most Lego themes can lay claim to.

Anyway, we probably won't hear anything official from Lego about its success until the next annual report next year, and anecdotal evidence of its sales record is hella mixed, with some people reporting sets flying off the shelves and others reporting them languishing on shelves. So I doubt we'll have any sort of definitive answer for some time.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

How well has bionicle 2015 done. Did it met lego's expectations, surpass them? I am wondering if it took off or if it's hero factory all over again.

Just going to point out that "Hero Factory all over again" is far from a bad thing. Hero Factory lasted a good five years, which is more than most Lego themes can lay claim to.

Anyway, we probably won't hear anything official from Lego about its success until the next annual report next year, and anecdotal evidence of its sales record is hella mixed, with some people reporting sets flying off the shelves and others reporting them languishing on shelves. So I doubt we'll have any sort of definitive answer for some time.

I didn't know if lego did quarterly reports or just annual. Thanks for the response. I hope it has done well.  

• Upvote 1

They did horrible.

Got any factual information to back that up? Or are you just making things up, like usual?

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 4

I didn't know if lego did quarterly reports or just annual. Thanks for the response. I hope it has done well.  

LEGO does annual reports as well as shorter and less detailed half-year reports. But because they're not publicly traded, a lot of their actual sales data is not discussed in as much depth as, say, a Hasbro or Mattel annual report would include. In fact, they rarely mention how well specific themes sold unless they're exceptional in one way or another. You can look through some of their recent annual reports for a better idea of what to expect. But generally, themes that aren't in the top five best-selling themes are scarcely mentioned at all.

• Upvote 4

They did horrible.

Got any factual information to back that up? Or are you just making things up, like usual?

It sounds like Ekimu is asking for our opinions on this, not unnecessary soporific factual information.  

So in that case I think they are doing pretty good considering their target audience.  But if they were aiming for an audience around my brother's age, then I'd say that it is quite monotonous.  And my brother and I view it that way because we are very detail oriented (as in we wish Doctor Who would have a more complex plot).  

I would also like to mention Lyichir, that your tone seems undignified and irritated; we don't mean to hurt your feelings about G2 or anything like that.

EDIT: Yeah 2015 is starting to feel a bit like Hero Factory all over again in my opinion.  But hey, if the kid's like them that is all that matters. :)

Edited by Mocmaker
  • Upvote 1

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

I was told a few weeks ago by a Lego store employee that the line was "doing generally as well as every other popular theme that has come out in the past year." At the same time, a bunch of kids were talking about how Lewa was awesome.

If that is any factual evidence to go by, I'd say it's doing generally well.

In the future, if people want to make some kind of a counterargument, it would be best to have something to back up your claim.

At least that's how I was raised...

• Upvote 1

They did horrible.

It sounds like Ekimu is asking for our opinions on this, not unnecessary soporific factual information.  

So in that case I think they are doing pretty good considering their target audience.  But if they were aiming for an audience around my brother's age, then I'd say that it is quite monotonous.  And my brother and I view it that way because we are very detail oriented (as in we wish Doctor Who would have a more complex plot).  

I would also like to mention Lyichir, that your tone seems undignified and irritated; we don't mean to hurt your feelings about G2 or anything like that.

Sorry if I seem bitter, but Gipsy Danger (formerly Toa Salvus) is back to his old tricks—popping into topics just to insert his insubstantial hatred.

Even an anecdote about why he feels the sets have been unsuccessful would have improved his post—has he seen them lingering on store shelves? Seen steep discounts on sets that suggest stores are desperate to get rid of them? But no. His post contributed nothing at all to the topic: "The sets have been unsuccessful because I said so."

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 4

Sorry if I seem bitter, but Gipsy Danger (formerly Toa Salvus)

Different member, actually.

But it seems pretty clear that this topic is about how successful the theme is overall, which isn't really something you can have an "opinion" about; it's really based on facts and numbers, not how any one person feels about the quality of the sets. And it's early yet, so we can't expect to have a clear answer, at least not for a while.

So, I think everyone should step back for a second and take a breath.

• Upvote 2

OpAXNpl.jpg

Yeah, for future posters in this topic, I can't claim to speak for the topic starter, but the title of the topic at least is asking how Bionicle 2015 has done for LEGO, not how well it has done for you personally.

To me, that implies that it's asking not for opinions, but evidence — even though at this point, the only evidence available to us is bound to be anecdotal. And "I personally like them" or "I personally don't like them" is not really meaningful evidence one way or another.

• Upvote 1

But it seems pretty clear that this topic is about how successful the theme is overall, which isn't really something you can have an "opinion" about; it's really based on facts and numbers, not how any one person feels about the quality of the sets. And it's early yet, so we can't expect to have a clear answer, at least not for a while.

My apologies. I mixed him up with DecepticonWarrior (mixing up my blockbuster movie robots).

Still, I think you made the point I was trying to make a lot more clearly than I did—any claim is fine, so long as you can back it up with some degree of substance.

They did horrible.

Sorry if I seem bitter, but Gipsy Danger (formerly Toa Salvus) is back to his old tricks—popping into topics just to insert his insubstantial hatred.

Even an anecdote about why he feels the sets have been unsuccessful would have improved his post—has he seen them lingering on store shelves? Seen steep discounts on sets that suggest stores are desperate to get rid of them? But no. His post contributed nothing at all to the topic: "The sets have been unsuccessful because I said so."

They did horrible.

You are persecuting me because my opinion differs from your's?  Grow up.

And here's exhibit A for his modus operandi: suddenly I'm "persecuting" him. Because I dared to apply a little bit of scrutiny to his bogus claims. Because somehow, the non-subjective issue of "are the sets doing well or not?" is a place where we share "opinions", rather than sharing our perspectives in search of some sort of truth.

It's sad—I really thought you'd changed, Gipsy, or Salvus, or whatever you want to call yourself now. You'd been contributing positively to all sorts of topics, sharing opinions where it's merited, even posting your own MOCs and creative work. But apparently old habits die hard.

Salvus?  Gipsy has never went by Salvus.  Who cares, he is just stating his opinion like you, me, and everyone else here.  (Yes, hatred can be a component of an opinion.)  

Of course his post contributed nothing to the topic; none of our posts contribute to anything at all!  

Don't you people understand?!  It is just a kid's toy line and you're insulting one another because of hatred for it or differing opinions?!  Sheesh!

So let's all calm down and do a reality check: https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

Thank goodness, another person who is sane and realistically viewing this topic. 

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

They did horrible.

They did horrible.

And here's exhibit A for his modus operandi: suddenly I'm "persecuting" him. Because I dared to apply a little bit of scrutiny to his bogus claims. Because somehow, the non-subjective issue of "are the sets doing well or not?" is a place where we share "opinions", rather than sharing our perspectives in search of some sort of truth.

It's sad—I really thought you'd changed, Gipsy, or Salvus, or whatever you want to call yourself now. You'd been contributing positively to all sorts of topics, sharing opinions where it's merited, even posting your own MOCs and creative work. But apparently old habits die hard.

Salvus?  Gipsy has never went by Salvus.  Who cares, he is just stating his opinion like you, me, and everyone else here.  (Yes, hatred can be a component of an opinion.)  

Of course his post contributed nothing to the topic; none of our posts contribute to anything at all!  

Don't you people understand?!  It is just a kid's toy line and you're insulting one another because of hatred for it or differing opinions?!  Sheesh!

So let's all calm down and do a reality check: https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

Thank goodness, another person who is sane and realistically viewing this topic.

No. This topic is not for opinions, it's for factual evidence stating how G2 has been doing so far. Don't act like some self-righteous savior. This is about factual evidence, not opinion-equality.

Wait so that's Salvus? That explains so much...

Yeah, at this point he's just a troll that pops up to hate on anything G2. Don't feed him. :P

ExCUSE me?!  I state my opinion and why for g2.  NOR do I write long, long, long ect. ect. and boring, boring, boring posts.  So that doesn't make me a troll.  But what about YOU?  <(O_o)>

They did horrible.

They did horrible.

No. This topic is not for opinions, it's for factual evidence stating how G2 has been doing so far. Don't act like some self-righteous savior. This is about factual evidence, not opinion-equality.

Grow up.

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

They did horrible.

They did horrible.

Again, I'm really sorry. I mixed him up with a former member who was an unrepentant troll. I feel like a jerk and an idiot now.

When I say "contribute", what I mean is "add knowledge to the discussion". None of us work for Lego or have their sales data, so when a question like "how are the sets selling", comes up, the most we can do is try to pool our observations to try to come up with an answer. A comment like "they did horrible" with no explanation of how a member came to that conclusion doesn't help any of us get a better picture of how the sets are selling—it just takes up space.

But once more, I was way out of line in how I responded to that, and I can't apologize enough. Hopefully others can help to get this topic back on track.

Edited by Lyichir

Yeah, at this point he's just a troll that pops up to hate on anything G2. Don't feed him. :P

ExCUSE me?!  I state my opinion and why for g2.  NOR do I write long, long, long ect. ect. and boring, boring, boring posts.  So that doesn't make me a troll.  But what about YOU?  <(O_o)>

They did horrible.

They did horrible.

Grow up.
Don't even try to act like a victim. You aren't. It's been stated that the nature of this topic is for facts, not opinions. If you can't follow those guidelines, then it isn't I who should grow up, now is it?

They did horrible.

They did horrible.

Ekimu didn't ask for any factual evidence or opinions.  But this forum is for stating opinions, letting yourself be heard and I am only exercising my freedom of speech to state my opinion.  

How well has bionicle 2015 done. Did it meet lego's expectations, surpass them? I am wondering if it took off or if it's hero factory all over again.

If you are asking if it has met the company expectations, that is not exactly asking for an opinion. If you are wondering if it has taken off, that also is not an opinion-based question.

• Upvote 2

From what I've seen its been doing, at the very least, decent. I've seen quite a few kids buying them up, and I'm sure sales will increase even more when the Summer Wave comes out because then kids will have bad guys for their Toa to fight.

• Upvote 1

They did horrible.

They did horrible.

Grow up.
Don't even try to act like a victim. You aren't. It's been stated that the nature of this topic is for facts, not opinions. If you can't follow those guidelines, then it isn't I who should grow up, now is it?

Of course he isn't the victim, you are.  :P   Just kidding thought you might find that funny.  Nothing offensive meant by it.  

Question: Where did you read that this topic specifically is meant for facts or opinions? Thanks!

This has gotten out of hand. Under no circumstances is it okay to use a topic or any place on BZPower to start and continue attacking and disrespecting other members. I'm giving everyone in this topic one more chance to get it back on track; if anyone fails to follow either one of the first two rules (respect fellow members, respect the staff), then this topic will be closed.

• Upvote 4

This has gotten out of hand. Under no circumstances is it okay to use a topic or any place on BZPower to start and continue attacking and disrespecting other members. I'm giving everyone in this topic one more chance to get it back on track; if anyone fails to follow either one of the first two rules (respect fellow members, respect the staff), then this topic will be closed.

Then closed it'll be.

They did horrible.

They did horrible.

Grow up.

You're 17.  And your on a forum for a kid's toyline.

Edited by Gipsy Danger
  • Upvote 1

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

Topic closed.

• Upvote 7