Winter Wave Tweaks

Regitnui

Well, since the Summer of the Skulls has arrived, it's time for a little retrospective. I would like to know; how have you customized your Winter Wave sets? Toa, Protectors, LoSS, all are valid.

Personally, I've modified Lewa, Onua, Kopaka, Tahu and Pohatu to greater or lesser degrees;

I've dropped Lewa's gearbox and added pins allowing his axe-blade-wings to sit backward from his arms rather than perpendicular to them.

Onua has a longer shaft for his hammer, and a Mata neck piece attached to the whole shaft can be stored on his back like a jaunty aerial.

Tahu has a pair of Chi Fluminox gold add-ons on the back of his legs, continuing the flared look the chest armour gives on his lower legs.

Kopaka and Pohatu both have the Rahkshi staff replaced with something more appropriate; one of Kopaka Nuva's Ice Blades on Kopaka-Koto's spear, and that curved knife from the Phantoka small sets on Pohatu.

I also fully admit to copying the following ideas; Pohatu now carries his boomerangs along the back of his arms, and Gali's flippers join into a mermaid tail.

Now, what're yours?

PS: yes, i remember there was a thread about this ages ago, but I didn't want to necro. That's for Skull Grinder to do, not me.

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I made a few modifications to my sets as well. I also dropped Lewa's gearbox, but I'm starting to like the look of attaching his axe blades to his legs as elevators. Conveniently, they fit just fine without changing too many parts around.

I narrowed Gali's shoulders by getting rid of those shoulder pads and instead placing the armor pieces on her upper arms.

As far as I know, I was the first one to start putting Pohatu's boomerangs along the backs of his arms. I was drawing him like that ever since we got the first leaks.

Most of the others are on my shelf as they were built in the instructions, though much of that is because they're missing too many pieces to bother modifying. :D

I think the only modifications I've done so far are:

- give the Protector of Ice lower arms

- put one of the Protector of Jungle's ammo pieces on the stud in the middle of the crossbow turret

- give the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders legs to act as like an "alpha" Skull Spider or something

I have other ideas for modifications, though since most of my collection is at home and I am not I haven't gotten the chance to make them yet.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

Well My modifications are...

Lewa:

Lowering Lewa's Shoulders (I think everyone has been doing this)

Gali:

Storing Gali in her fan made Mermaid mode. (Not sure who actually came up with it first but that's how I store her since getting and first building her)

Pohatu:

Pohatu has symmetrical arms. I mean if you have the parts then why not. It is not like it is hurting his appearance any.

That I believe are the only modifications I can think of.

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

The only real modification i've done was to kopaka, and it involved adding about.. 3 pieces to his shield. Basically added one of these pieces to his hand. I hated the way they attached the shield. Oh also switched out the silver brain attack chest armor for a white HF chest armor piece. And switched the ice piece on his spear forward instead of the side.

Also gave the protector of ice 'wrists'

Edited by Voxumo
  • Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I haven't done any myself, as I like to keep LEGO sets the way they're advertised and shown in the instructions. However, if I were to make one modification, it'd be that Lewa's gearbox would be lowered. That seems to be one of the more common and necessary changes.

• Upvote 1

I put some y-joints on Tahu, Pohatu, and Lewa's spare torso joints.

Switched Gali's shoulder armor from her gearbox to her torso's spare ball joints. Switched out the red axles on her axe with black ones.

Gave Pohatu blue eyes, replaced the silver metallic shells on his legs with dark tan ones, added shoulder armor in the form of more dark tan shells, one with spikes, replaced his trans fluor green bones with black,his bohrok eyes with trans light blue, gave him a silver oof knife on his back instead of the guurahk staff.

Have all the pins on Kopaka's shield on the inside. (cause that looks better)

Switched all of PoF's lower limbs with black ones, gave him red 3m upper arms.

Gave PoW all black upper limbs and tr. light blue lower limbs, replaced the tr. blue torso shell with a dark azure one.

Gave PoS some silver back armor.

Gave PoI some forearms.

Edited by farmstink buttlass
  • Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

I've made Lewa's gearbox lower so he has better head mobility. That's about it. Sets are rad otherwise. 

-NotS

Seems to be one of, if not the, most common alteration to the Winter sets. I wonder why Lego didn't just have it lowered?

• Upvote 2

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Seems to be one of, if not the, most common alteration to the Winter sets. I wonder why Lego didn't just have it lowered?

I wonder if it was to save on piece count? You need a couple of extra pieces to retain the shoulder armour.

-NotS

Could have just been for variety's sake, or because Lewa has the longest arms of any of the Toa and they wanted to balance that by raising his shoulders.

Personally, I prefer them the way they are on the set. But that's just me.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Personally, I prefer them the way they are on the set. But that's just me.

I agree that it's a nice distinction from the rest of the Toa, and really adds character. It's just, it bugs me so much that the character who should have the most head mobility for adrenaline mode purposes has the least. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I wonder if it was to save on piece count? You need a couple of extra pieces to retain the shoulder armour.

-NotS

Not(S) to my knowledge. I lowered the gearbox shortly after I bought him, separated from my collection. I might be wrong, but I'm sure I lowered the box without extra parts and kept the shoulder armour in place.

Technically, I also think it's entirely possible that the shoulder armor design on Lewa. was used to cover the raised gearbox—not the other way around. The gearbox being so high up necessitates that the top of it be covered somehow.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother