Official Recent Musical Purchases Thread

kongutohunga

• 2 weeks later...

^ No Vallenfyre? =(

The new Devin Townsend album Casualties of Cool is officially released, so I picked up my digital copy as part of the reward for backing the PledgeMusic campaign. Will have to wait a while for the signed 2CD digipak to arrive, but this will do for now.

Also ordered a copy of Nihil by KMFDM.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

The songs "Skyfall" by Adele, "Rise Like a Phoenix" by Conchita Wurst, "Calm after the Storm" by The Common Linnets.

The albums Pictures and Piece by Piece by Katie Melua.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

ordered myself a copy of Petitioning the Empty Sky by Converge, thus completing my collection

edit: well, this sucks. got it today and it's so badly damaged that I can't get a single track to play or rip. going to have to seek a refund or replacement.

Edited by Ryuujin

^ hecks yeah, Unknown Pleasures is a wonderful record

managed to find and order a copy of M83's out-of-print second album Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts for $11

which is impressive when you consider that the next-cheapest possible option was $30 and the cheapest brand-new copy was $150

Just finished listening to my copy of Whispers by Passenger. Phenomenal. This man better go down as one of the best singer/songwriters of the 21st century or I will be severely disappointed and will have lost any remaining faith I have in the music listeners of today. Not to mention, the CD case is wondreful...it's a pop up book with beautiful watercolor illustrations. Rating: A

picked up CD copies of Raditude and the deluxe edition of Hurley by Weezer even though I hate the former, just because they were super cheap and the last two I needed to own the band's full discog on CD

edit: ordered Rock and Roll Part Three by Ozma, which is an album I highly recommend to anybody who digs aforementioned Weezer's first two albums

edit 2: picked up Everything in Between by No Age

edit 3: ordered Turn on the Bright Lights by Interpol

Edited by Ryuujin

• 2 weeks later...

"Bleed Into Your Mind (Demo)" by The All-American Rejects. It's really atmospheric.

The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

reserved a copy of Once More 'Round the Sun by Mastodon

edit: ordered a copy of The Cure's original UK debut, Three Imaginary Boys

edit 2: picked up aforementioned Mastodon album and reserved a copy of From Parts Unknown by Every Time I Die

Edited by Ryuujin

picked up my reserved copy of Every Time I Die's new album From Parts Unknown

also FYE was having a buy-1-get-1-for-$1 sale on used stuff, so I bought Abbey Road by The Beatles and Remain in Light by Talking Heads for full price and got the first disc of Substance by New Order and Björk's Greatest Hits for $1 each

edit: Björk CD's gotta go back, part of it won't play

Edited by Ryuujin

Maybe it's a sign that you should just get her entire discography instead =P

It's one that I'm very happy with owning.

I picked up Protection by Massive Attack and No Spiritual Surrender by Inside Out.

Also got the For Cause and Consequence EP by earthtone9 from their Bandcamp.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Maybe it's a sign that you should just get her entire discography instead =P

It's one that I'm very happy with owning.

I've planned on getting Debut, Post, and Homogenic for a while but haven't gotten around to it yet. I had the chance to get the greatest hits album for $1 and figured it was worth that much.

edit: exchanged the Björk CD for a copy of the Beastie Boys' Ill Communication

edit 2: got Option Paralysis by The Dillinger Escape Plan, Embryonic by The Flaming Lips, Post by Björk, and Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden

Edited by Ryuujin

• 2 weeks later...

"Crystalline" by Ivan Torrent and Celica Soldream

Mandatory Fun by Weird Al Yankovic

Black Dog Barking - Special Edition by Airbourne

Best of Kitaro by Kitaro

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem

LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver

LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening

LCD Soundsystem - The Long Goodbye: Live At Madison Square Garden

i got into this band after they were already dead ;_;

Funny how the first post in this topic also involves LCD Soundsystem! hahaha

On the musical instrument/accessories side of things: 

Fresh reeds for my sax, new Dunlop Jazz III guitar picks (my favorites), some mouthpiece guards, and a new Charlie Parker sheet music book, as if the omnibook wasn't enough. 

And my most recent recording purchase was about a month ago, actually, getting Kimbra's new record The Golden Echo on vinyl. Comes out in August! 

~LH

pWRJY.jpg
Credit goes to Biomech for the almost 20-year-old avatar!

LCD Soundsystem's great. I've been trying to find some of their stuff around here for a while now, but to no avail.

picked up the 2010 deluxe vinyl reissue of Disintegration by The Cure. 180 gram double LP, digitally remastered with gatefold packaging. only my second vinyl purchase ever but I found it brand new at FYE for only $25 and couldn't pass it up.

bought a digital copy of the 2003 reissue of Abducted by Hypocrisy and snagged Spiritchaser by Dead Can Dance on CD at a thrift store for 99 cents

edit: dropped $45 on a record player and also ordered The Morning Never Came and Hope by Swallow the Sun on CD

Edited by Ryuujin
  • Upvote 1

Spiritchaser by Dead Can Dance [...] The Morning Never Came and Hope by Swallow the Sun on CD

Also got Leviathan by Mastodon; thought I'd give it a try!

Very nice.

I recently picked up Giant Steps by John Coltrane, Caustic Grip by Front Line Assembly... and that's about it.

For some reason I haven't been buying or even listening to nearly as much music as I used to these past couple of months. Just kind of don't feel in the mood for it most of the time anymore.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___