Official Recent Musical Purchases Thread

kongutohunga

Picked up the limited edition reissue of In Requiem by Paradise Lost on gold vinyl + CD (apparently limited to 185 copies), and the picture disc 7'' of Black Mask and the limited edition grey vinyl of The Cross of My Calling by The (International) Noise Conspiracy.

Edited by Queen of Liars

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Promised Land, the 2013 self-titled, and Condition Hüman by Queensrÿche

the Original Album Series box set by Journey (includes the 2006 remasters of Infinity, Evolution, Escape, Frontiers, and Raised on Radio)

Lost Signal by Code (pre-ordered)

Shifting.Negative by Aborym (pre-ordered)

the 10th anniversary edition of The Great Cold Distance by Katatonia on vinyl (this was expensive)

I honestly got pretty much the same today (I think it was the Greatest Hits title though).

OFFICIAL JOURNEY SONG RANKINGS:

1. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)

2. Who's Crying Now

3. idk Lights maybe???

...oops, I'm supposed to have left.

ranking is good (especially Separate Ways at #1, GOAT song) but I'd maybe put Only the Young at #3

The Essential compilation is super good, it's got all the songs from the greatest hits plus another disc of songs (less popular singles, deep cuts, a couple live, etc.)

After much consideration, I think I agree with "Only the Young" at #3.

• Upvote 1

Also, got The Way of All Flesh by Gojira.

The Great Cold Distance by Katatonia

I really, really, really like The Fall of Hearts now after many listens. How is this album?

imo their best and my second-favorite album of all time. less progressive than The Fall of Hearts, but the atmosphere, melodies, and songwriting are sublime.

• Upvote 1

- As Embers Turn to Dust by Mechina
- Poetry for the Poisoned by Kamelot (2-disc special edition)
- Silverthorn by Kamelot (limited edition box set with bonus CD, poster, and storybook)
- Unleashed Memories by Lacuna Coil (US edition with Halflife EP as bonus tracks)
- World Coming Down by Type O Negative
- Confusion Bay by Raunchy (not a great album but it was $2)
- The Deathship Has a New Captain by The Vision Bleak
- Carpathia: A Dramatic Poem by The Vision Bleak
- The Wolves Go Hunt Their Prey by The Vision Bleak
- Set Sail to Mystery by The Vision Bleak
- Witching Hour by The Vision Bleak (limited edition)
- The Unknown by The Vision Bleak (limited edition)

Stratovarius: Visions of Europe Live

Comes with two CDs. Great songs in here, and while some songs sound like studio recordings, other songs the vocalist sounds a bit off. A good purchase overall EDIT: Screw that, this album friggin rocks! Listened to it a couple of times and it is excellent. The crowd is/was very enthusiastic, lol. :lol: Next time I'll try and get a studio one. :P

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Took part in the ACLU event on Bandcamp on Friday and got:

Void Mother by Obscure Sphinx

Aphrodite Laughs by Baroque Monody

Dyspnea: Early Works Compilation by Hagazussa

Ulvesang by Ulvesang

Remmings by Anoice

ABRAXAS by L'Enfant de la Forêt

Acoustics EP by Yvette Young

Interface to God, f AI t h, and Singularity Now: The Future Worlds of Yesterday by Virtual Intelligence

Mori, and Aokigahara Online by Aokigahara Online

Yokai, , , Kurumi, Sky, Ace of Mirrors, Lust, Leryco, Glide, Fog, Lost, Ibis, Altruism, Candlescape, Legacy, 色あせた空, Fade, Ashen, , Aether, Aiskite, Cold, Spectrum Code, トワイライト, Toketsu, just business, Waves, and restless by Asukrai

emptiness, depression, hurt, 暗い未来へのステップ, nanda, alive, belong, i want to forget everything about you so i can get to know you all over again, 単独で, and subspace depression by ekoda

rain by ekoda & asukrai

Landscapes by asukrai & hinata

Centurion by asukrai x Echo Visor

Fever Forever, Even Tides, 不明確, Melancholia, Point Pleasant, Quitter, The Thoughts of Everyone & Everything, It's Okay, B-Tides, A Carpet of Roots, and <333 by MowMowMow

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

bought Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death), and The Pale Emperor by Marilyn Manson; the limited edition of Das Seelenbrechen by Ihsahn; Delta Machine by Depeche Mode; and a sealed copy of Machinae Supremacy's extremely hard to find debut Deus Ex Machinae, which I'm very excited about because that was basically my music collection holy grail.

my wonderful girlfriend Kitania also bought a copy of Arktis. by Ihsahn for me, which I'll get when I go visit her in March.

I bought three albums:

• Mythodea, by Vangelis. Epic space opera with powerful greek choirs, soaring vocals, ancient instruments, and synthesizers. This should help with my writing!
  • Narnia, by Narnia. Christian power metal of good quality (which is a rarity), and sounds kind of like Stratovarius but isn't always talking about 'global warming is coming, we gotta change our ways! We are as high as the sky and fast as the wind!', which is most of their songs. :superfunny:
  • Art of War, by Sabaton. I should have gotten this instead of The Last Stand for Christmas.

All around an epic purchase.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

bought The Golden Age of Grotesque and Eat Me, Drink Me by Marilyn Manson

• Narnia, by Narnia. Christian power metal of good quality (which is a rarity), and sounds kind of like Stratovarius but isn't always talking about 'global warming is coming, we gotta change our ways! We are as high as the sky and fast as the wind!', which is most of their songs. :superfunny:

you're right dude, singing about god is way better than singing about something that actually exists

Edited by Serein
  • Upvote 2

you're right dude, singing about god is way better than singing about something that actually exists

Again? Your hostility towards me and my faith is tiring and immature. Also, I never said that global warming is not real or important, but with Stratovarius it starts to sound like a broken record after a while when you don't use different words and prose. True, I don't think they ever say 'global warming' but it is quite clear that's what is being shared by the lyrics given. It was jape, please recognize that.

I still like the band, music quality is still great, just need a break.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I had two CDs come in tonight, and the jewel cases were damaged at the lower left corners, the covers unable to stay on. One even had a part of the plastic missing, a shard-hole open for all things. i wanted to know if it was possible to fix the hinges, or if I will be forcedobliged to send them back and get replacements.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

either send them back or buy a pack of jewel cases. those usually aren't that expensive and it's always good to have spares

Thanks. I will be sending them back, but at a later date i will be sure to buy extras and learn how to replace the artwork inside and such.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png