Protectors of Generations Past: ICE (REmake)

Good day, it has been a long time since my last MoC, but here it is!! I present a remake of my protector of Ice: the Yeti that I posted a few months back. Yeti was the first in this series; and once I had gone through other MoCs, I found his quality to be sorely lacking.

His story is linked to the other protector mods. You can check out their links in my Sig.

Gamut

This series is dedicated to the previous protectors, those who looked forward to the Toa, but never saw the prophecy fulfilled. Those who fought the desperate struggle against evil in the Toa's stead. 

Protector of Ice - The Yeti's Background story

The frigid plains of Okoto are both a haven and a deathtrap. It holds the lowest concentration of skull spiders, but if the spiders don't kill you, the environment will happily take up the torch.

Due to this, the denizens of that era took to living deep under the snow, where they found protection against the cold, wild beasts, and spiders alike. This made yeti the most well-traveled of the six, as he could often leave his village knowing that his brethren are relatively safe.

He was primarily a frontline fighter, possessing almost no ranged options save his launcher which he modified to function as a shotgun.

Build

I have been playing quite a bit of bloodborne lately, and I was fascinated by the transforming weapons, especially Gherman's sword/Sycthe. Therefore to pay homage, Yeti has two forms. The first is what he struts around with, and the second is his "emergency" measure.

Let me know what y'all think. Should I keep to extremely short backstories, or move back to the long ones that I wrote for Jungle, Earth, and Stone?

Front View

yet3png.png

Side Views: Showing the weapon sheath system on his back, and the swords behind his legs

yet4png.png

yet5png.png

Swords Out:

yet6png.png

2nd Form

yet2png.png

Edited by CrashDummy
  • Upvote 4

COMING SOON, UPDATED PROTECTOR OF ICE

Protectors of Generations Past!

ICE, FIRE, WATER - http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18021-mod-protectors-of-fire-ice-and-water/

EARTH                   -  http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18035-mod-protectors-of-generations-past-earth/

group%20circle%20protector.png

I've not come across any of your other protector MOCs (as seen in your sig) but I'd have to concur with 32one myself. They're all very nice solid looking builds but they're a tad over the top for me. The huge gauntlets, rahkshi heads and shoulderpads are all kind of tacked on and seem like they would be more of a hindrance to the character than a boon. And what's the deal with the huge backpack/hunch affair? Looks to me like maybe he has a few weapons in there with the sword and saw looking things but you don't show them in the other pics so not sure. Whatever it all is, I think he'd struggle to do a great deal with it all strapped to his back like that!

May have to check out your fire protector, he looks a little less heavily burdened, I like what you're doing though and hope to see a less encumbered Ice protector some day :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

thanks for y'all comments and feedback. Please check out the protector of water remake that I just posted :D

COMING SOON, UPDATED PROTECTOR OF ICE

Protectors of Generations Past!

ICE, FIRE, WATER - http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18021-mod-protectors-of-fire-ice-and-water/

EARTH                   -  http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18035-mod-protectors-of-generations-past-earth/

group%20circle%20protector.png

This is a pretty solid model, the colour scheme is pretty consistent which is always a plus for a complex model.

The front view show's there is a pretty severe gap in the model that needs to be dealt with.

The Kohrak shields on the back of his legs seem unnecessary as well, probably could do with a  few less weapons.

Finally I do wonder if the model could look better with a tad more lime green to go with the green Roborider eye's and the trans lime on his weapon.