http://imgur.com/a/lBM5M

As some of you probably know, I am currently at San Diego Comic-Con 2015. Those of you who do also probably know that I managed to snag FIVE of the exclusive Skull Scorpio mask, as well as six of the free posters LEGO is handing out. As such, I believe it's my job to probably take higher quality pictures than the ones currently available, including the mask on Scorpio himself.

• Upvote 6

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

That mask does indeed look really nice on the set - leagues better than the official silver one.

I must say, while it must be a pain to those who want to collect all of the masks, these event-exclusive masks Lego is doing are pretty neat.

(if only that translucent Gali Mask were more easily gotten ;__; )

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 1

Am I the only one who thinks Skull Scorpio looks better with the silver mask? I mean, the new mask looks fantastic on its own, but on Scorpio it kind of takes away from the "metal skeleton" vibe all the skull creatures share (particularly since it's right up against his torso shell, which unlike the other villains isn't even covered by a chestplate).

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I prefer the silver one. The whole idea behind the silver parts is to represent mechanical beings whose armor has slowly decayed, revealing their base frames and what-not. Skull Scorpio is supposed to be a mesh of several parts that weren't together naturally. A scary freak that you'd most likely only dream of when hallucinating from Scarecrow's fear toxin. 

• Upvote 2

I really wish Scorpio had that piece in his set to at least give him a noteworthy and unique part.

His lime green "ribcage" is a nice unique part I think, but I agree a unique mask would have been desirable.

The six pieces used for his legs are also completely unique to the set.

If there were to be any mask changes I'd rather if Skull Scorpio's mask stayed the same and Skull Basher got a Titanium Metallic mask instead. That way Skull Scorpio WOULD have a unique mask, and it'd be available in one more color, to boot.

• Upvote 1

What if Lego went all Microtransaction like game devs and started selling single masks and other specially colored pieces for high prices on their website? Would people be as upset as the video game community?

If the prices were unfair, maybe, but otherwise I think people would rejoice, instead.

Of course, that's probably never going to happen. Physical products are different from digital downloads—Lego can't just produce parts on demand, so a parts service like that would only be able to work if all the parts were mass-produced beforehand. And even then it'd be a logistical nightmare.

• Upvote 2

Okay, Scorpio looks pretty darn cool with that mask

• Upvote 2

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Did you take any pictures of the Bionicle display? I know Facebook has images of the summer set stand but I'd like to see the whole booth... Bionicle at SDCC has always been a tradition and I love looking at the displays LEGO puts up for the line.

Thanks for the pics of the goodies though! The trans Scorpio masks looks awesome and I feel Skull Scorpio looks way better with that variant than the original silver mask. The poster is cool too, and the keyart of Ekimu and Tahu teaming up to face off against Kulta is absolutely epic.

Thanks for sharing!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

So I figured I might as well ask—did anyone who attended SDCC check out the Little, Brown booth? They were supposed to be promoting their upcoming Lego graphic novels, including Bionicle. But I can't find any coverage of their booth anywhere.

Did you take any pictures of the Bionicle display? I know Facebook has images of the summer set stand but I'd like to see the whole booth... Bionicle at SDCC has always been a tradition and I love looking at the displays LEGO puts up for the line.

Thanks for the pics of the goodies though! The trans Scorpio masks looks awesome and I feel Skull Scorpio looks way better with that variant than the original silver mask. The poster is cool too, and the keyart of Ekimu and Tahu teaming up to face off against Kulta is absolutely epic.

Thanks for sharing!

-NotS

Unfortunately, that WAS the BIONICLE display. The line was barely mentioned, except for a banner which contained the artwork of the poster they handed out for free.

So I figured I might as well ask—did anyone who attended SDCC check out the Little, Brown booth? They were supposed to be promoting their upcoming Lego graphic novels, including Bionicle. But I can't find any coverage of their booth anywhere.

Sorry, I didn't think to look there! However, I did wander the show floor, and the display & banner I mentioned was the entire representation of BIONICLE I saw.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Unfortunately, that WAS the BIONICLE display. The line was barely mentioned, except for a banner which contained the artwork of the poster they handed out for free.

Aw, that's disappointing. :( Oh well, it was expected, especially after such an awesome showing at NYCC.

-NotS

Keep in mind that, halfway through 2015, they didn't have much to announce anyway (not without potentially stealing the spotlight away from the Skull Villains before they even come out, in any case). It's possible that they're waiting until this year's NYCC to make a splash with 2016 teasers and reveals.

• Upvote 2

Keep in mind that, halfway through 2015, they didn't have much to announce anyway (not without potentially stealing the spotlight away from the Skull Villains before they even come out, in any case). It's possible that they're waiting until this year's NYCC to make a splash with 2016 teasers and reveals.

I hope so! I patiently await for NYCC 2015 then. :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Skull Scorpio looks amazing with that mask! I just gave in and ordered the mask on Ebay for $23.50, congrats you convinced me lol.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)