Which masks do you prefer?

Spiffy247

Which mask type?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last night I was  bored and seeing how each Masters looked wearing their different masks. And I think I like the regular colors just a bit more. And I thought I would ask you guys. What do you guys think?

Edited by Spiffy247

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

The fact that they're all supposed to use gold masks when 3 of them have no gold on them really irks me, so I personally think they look more like a team with their individual masks on that go well with their color schemes individually than the gold masks. And while I think the half trans masks look amazing by themselves, on figures they look a kind of weird, since the blending patterns aren't as good looking as the protectors to me. I'd rather display the gold masks to the side than on the figures.

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

The gold clashes on all of them except Tahu and kopaka. Their regular colors look much better to me. I have them all displayed wearing their regular mask, with their gold mask in front of them. I have a second Tahu in my bedroom on display wearing his gold mask though, he looks pretty sweet in his.

• Upvote 2

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

The gold clashes on all of them except Tahu and kopaka. Their regular colors look much better to me. I have them all displayed wearing their regular mask, with their gold mask in front of them. I have a second Tahu in my bedroom on display wearing his gold mask though, he looks pretty sweet in his.

I am soon going to make pedestals for my golden masks for display purposes. I know exactly how they will look.

I can't exactly decide and it really depends on the character. The golden masks usually only look good on the Toa with the gold pieces. It matches with the color scheme. Some of the Toa are probably better off without the golden mask.

Edited by FF the Forgotten

pWPTu7m.jpg

I prefer to leave the regular masks on the Toa. Don't get me wrong; the gold masks look great on pretty much all of them, but I made fancy mask pedestals for displaying the new masks, and the regular colored masks make more sense on the figures than on those.

Considering all the varied responses, I wonder if this poll would've been better if it had had categories for every Toa's individual mask selection. That would also allow for the inclusion of masks like the Trans. Orange Mask of Fire or the blended Toa masks that don't necessarily have equivalents for all six.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

When I was first getting into Bionicle (woah, just realized that was a little over 10 years ago  :eek: ) I loved the Bohrok saga, but never got the golden masks then, so I always had my Toa Mata with just their regular masks on. With these new ones, I do the same thing. It's not that I don't like the golden masks because I do think they look awesome, it's more the nostalgia of my Toa Mata not having the Golden Masks. (If that makes any sense to you guys)

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I honestly prefer the colored masks, they just fit the color schemes better and add more personality, I think. The golden masks look better on the Toa without gold IMHO. It really shows that they are special, while the Toa that have gold make them feel like they are just part of the color scheme and feel less special.

My Toa wear their regular masks while the golden ones are clipped onto their hips. Except Tahu, his is attached to the back of his ankle due to the thigh armor being in the way. The elemental masks will be clipped to their opposite hips when I get them. Sadly, Gali will be the only one without a second mask on her hip, darn exclusives. Tahu at least has the trans orange mask on the opposite ankle to kinda balance things out and add some temporary armoring on the back of his legs.

Edited by ToaDraco
  • Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Personally, i like the Normal Masks. The Golden Masks are clipped to a 'rope' on my giant dragon warrior's hip. I don't, nor will I ever, own the fancy exclusive masks.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

As of this post, gold hasn't gotten any votes. That kind of surprises me, as I thought it would've gotten some votes by now....

Anyways, I actually like the Toa wearing both their regular masks and gold masks. (Not at the same time, of course. :P) The only I kind of dislike is Kopaka wearing his gold mask, since I think it offsets his color scheme. But overall I do like the Toa wearing their gold masks. That being said, though, I still prefer the Toa wearing their regular masks over the gold ones, since they match the Toa's color scheme. That is the one that got my vote.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The gold is cool, but I like the original colors better. Also makes me wish we had variants of the masks in the 6 classic colors

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

The gold ones look neat on some, but my main issue is both PearlGold and the older bronze gold color really don't stand out. It's the same as treasure pieces, the only gold that really stands out to me is Chrome Gold.

I really wish they'd been released as Chrome Gold but since that's a paint versus a color of plastic I figure it'd be much more costly, and Chrome paints wear off (not good for action figures or pieces that are supposed to be hit)

The other issue is that for sets like Gali and Pohatu, their masks are one of the 5-7 pieces of their color, which then throws off their scheme somewhat. Either way, I feel the standard masks fit well enough.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

The gold ones look neat on some, but my main issue is both PearlGold and the older bronze gold color really don't stand out. It's the same as treasure pieces, the only gold that really stands out to me is Chrome Gold.

I really wish they'd been released as Chrome Gold but since that's a paint versus a color of plastic I figure it'd be much more costly, and Chrome paints wear off (not good for action figures or pieces that are supposed to be hit)

The other issue is that for sets like Gali and Pohatu, their masks are one of the 5-7 pieces of their color, which then throws off their scheme somewhat. Either way, I feel the standard masks fit well enough.

Interesting. I actually prefer Warm Gold over Chrome Gold, for the exact same reason you specify—Chrome Gold stands out, Warm Gold blends in. Chrome parts look shiny and glistening, which can be great for a car or spaceship MOC. But as the mask or armor for a robotic character, it usually looks out of place to me. I feel Warm Gold is still bright and sunny while still looking more subdued and fitting better with a non-chrome color scheme.

Edited by Lyichir

I've always thought gold pieces in general were gaudy. I like pearl gold due to its abundance and the warmth of the color, but coupled with pretty much any other color it just seems out of place and unnatural. Silvers and gunmetal make much more sense to me in color schemes and as armor, but I still prefer non-metallic colors in pretty much all my building. As such, regular-colored masks win out. By a mile.

Edited by Paleo

I would really like to see some silver masks or platinum masks. I think silver looks much classier than gold anyway. I would probably display the toa with silver masks if they were made. But alas, I'll stick to the regular colors.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

I would really like to see some silver masks or platinum masks. I think silver looks much classier than gold anyway. I would probably display the toa with silver masks if they were made. But alas, I'll stick to the regular colors.

What specifically do you mean by "Platinum"? Because all I can think of is a lighter silver, and I don't think Lego currently has any such color.

What specifically do you mean by "Platinum"? Because all I can think of is a lighter silver, and I don't think Lego currently has any such color.

I said platinum when I meant chrome: the Chrome Hau from the Power Pack.

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

I voted regular colors, but honestly I think it depends on which Toa. The gold mask looks crummy on Kopaka and Lewa, ok on Tahu and Pohatu, and snazzy on Gali and Onua.

Gali looks most improved which the gold mask because of the lovely contrast with her silvery blue color scheme. Kopaka is the worst because his set already has so much gold up there, he needs the white for contrast.

Tahu doesn't look good in any mask. The red is too strong up there next to the gold and trans-orange, and the gold is too much gold. I like him best in the trans-orange Mask of Fire from the promotion that I got.

Pohatu's gold mask really doesn't add or take away from him; Lewa's really doesn't fit with the silver up on his chest. Onua's makes his color scheme jumble seem slightly more coherent, so I prefer it.

Interesting. I actually prefer Warm Gold over Chrome Gold, for the exact same reason you specify—Chrome Gold stands out, Warm Gold blends in. Chrome parts look shiny and glistening, which can be great for a car or spaceship MOC. But as the mask or armor for a robotic character, it usually looks out of place to me. I feel Warm Gold is still bright and sunny while still looking more subdued and fitting better with a non-chrome color scheme.

Interesting. Mostly I don't mind Warm Gold unless its something that's supposed to stand out (in my mind at least), such as the Golden Snitch or in this case, gold masks. I feel like it meshes too easily into some of their palettes (mainly Kopaka and Tahu, as they use similar if not the same shade of gold.

I guess my take is that the masks are supposed to stand out a lot, but that may just be me. In general though, chrome gold is a little invasive. It makes neat ornamentation. 

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I prefer their normal masks. On the sets without little/no, the masks just look out of place. Kopaka looks a little weird with it on, simply because of the sheer amount of gold that's then crammed into the middle of his build. 

The only one who really looks any good with the gold is Tahu, and for whatever reason I still prefer his normal red mask. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

the colored masks match their color schemes better than the golden ones.

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

Does anyone think we'll get silver masks in the future?

The heads themselves are silver, so I tend to doubt it. 

Also, some of the Skull villains' masks are silver, so the trend might continue for bad guy masks, with no good guys actually getting silver since it would be a bad guy color. 

Also, some of the Skull villains' masks are silver, so the trend might continue for bad guy masks, with no good guys actually getting silver since it would be a bad guy color.

That didn't present a problem for Skull Basher/Scorpio/Grinder! I'd definitely be open to silver masks, or even silver blended with another color. Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

That didn't present a problem for Skull Basher/Scorpio/Grinder! I'd definitely be open to silver masks, or even silver blended with another color.

I would love silver Toa masks. I also love soup.

That didn't present a problem for Skull Basher/Scorpio/Grinder! I'd definitely be open to silver masks, or even silver blended with another color.

Yeah, I'd want some silver toa masks and maybe a silver/trans color blended protector mask :D

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

I like the colored masks, my disappointment when no mask packs though. :(

Agreed, the part that makes MOCing a pain for me is the lack of masks..

The Toa masks don't fit too well on most of the MOCs I build (at least in my opinion).

Onua.png

This sig isn't 100% correct, because I talk way too much.