The Toa Raika

Endruv

Hello! This is the fanfic I have on the Lego Message Boards. I've decided to start posting chapters from it here.

Chapter 1: The Arrival, Part 1

Luke arrived home, wiped out but happy. He won his fifth first place award in the gymnastics competition.

"I'm going to my room, mom. I'm really tired-exhausted, " he said. After stumbling upon Bionicle when he was 5 (he's 15 now), he fell in love with the air element and quickly picked up treespeak. As he collapsed onto his bed, he took a look around his room. Gymnastics trophies, skydiving pictures, him earning his pilot license... he really loved his element.

If it was my element, he thought sourly. He knew it wasn't real, but hey, can't someone dream? Finally, he looked at his favorite shelf. It held all the air-related Bionicles that were released. All versions of Lewa, Kongu, Matatu, there was Gresh, Tardak, even Ehlek...he grinned when he saw the Phantoka Lewas and Tanma and then them again, but this time connected. His parents didn't understand why he wanted two of the same sets. He sighed, and started getting ready for bed. 

..he sighed and got out of bed, planning to play some Bionicle Heroes. Luke barley got out of bed when he heard a loud pop behind him. He spun around and came face-to-face with...an Olmak? 

Well, it wasn't exactlaly an Olmak, it looked like it had the Vahi merged on it. Either way, an Olmak isn't particualry a friendly face. "WHAT IN THE NAME OF MATA NUI IS GOING ON-HAPPENING?!?" he shouted. "Shh!" replied the stranger. He had on a brown trech coat, shoes, pants; he actually looked a bit like the 10th Doctor, minus the glasses. "There's no time to explain. Well, actually there is, but I like to be dramatic." The Olmak-Vahi wearing person spun Luke around. The last thing Luke saw before leaving this world was Tanma. The av/le-matoran was going to play a bigger role in Luke's life than Luke ever imagined...

"One down, five to go" the stranger muttered as he teleported out of Luke's room.

Edited by ouberry
  • Upvote 3

Unity, Duty, Destiny

-Toa Ouberry

Is anyone even reading this? Anyways...

Chapter 1: The Arrival, Part 2

-Not to long before Luke, shall we say, "left"-

"Colin, it's time to come in!" Colin's mom called from inside the house. Colin was swimming in the backyard pool.

"Just five more minutes, mom!" he yelled back.

"No!"

"Fine!" Colin climbed out of the pool and went into his room to change.

-15 seconds after Luke "left"-

Colin was just about to leave his room when there was a "pop" behind him. He turned around and saw a stranger dressed in brown with a mask that looked like a Vahi on an Olmak. "Time to explain," the figure said, "but not now." He grabbed Colin's shoulder and Colin dissappeared. "Four more, " the stranger said, and also vanished.

Edited by ouberry
  • Upvote 2

Unity, Duty, Destiny

-Toa Ouberry

Hey OUberry!!! It's your most avid reader on now multiple sites, Gootah! :P

Glad to have you commenting on your friend's work :) However, please post comments on the Review Topic since this is an Epic. Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o2_500.jpg
tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o1_500.jpg

Hey OUberry!!! It's your most avid reader on now multiple sites, Gootah! :P

Gootah! Hey!

Note:  Each person "leaves" soon after the other. The ending of each part is a few seconds ahead of the ending of the previous part, if that makes sense.

Chapter 1: The Arrival, Part 3

Kyle finished his workout and returned to his room. He was a black belt in tae kwon do, but luckily for him, his dojo also taught jujitsu, bo staff fighting, and numchuck fighting. He wasn't an expert, exactly, but still pretty good. He looked at his weapons, old belts, and awards. He also glanced at the shelf full of old Bionicle comics and books. Should he read them? He hadn't in so long...not since the BCC got locked....and now with LOCO gone, he kind of felt mad at LEGO...

POP!

What the? Kyle turned around, and well you probably have a good idea at what happened next.

"Don't worry, you'll love this, " the stranger said as Kyle vanished. "Three to go" he said.

Edited by ouberry
  • Upvote 2

Unity, Duty, Destiny

-Toa Ouberry

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 1, Part 4

Ethan and Katy were two good friends and megafans of Bionicle. Currently, they were playing the Bionicle Glatorian game. Contrary to what thier friends said, they were not in love. In fact, they weren't very intrested in love in general.

"Your move, " said Ethan.

"Hasta la vista...baby" quoted Katy, and was about to fire the thornax launcher when there was a loud pop. Imediatley the mysterious stranger grabbed Katy and made her dissappear.

"You-you disentigrated her!" shouted Ethan.

"On the contrary..." replied the stranger, dissappearing Ethan too. "One more to go."

Edited by ouberry
  • Upvote 2

Unity, Duty, Destiny

-Toa Ouberry

Chapter 1, Part 5

Alex breathed a sigh of relief. He had finally finished reading Journey's End, and in doing so finished his quest to read every single piece of cannon Bionicle literature. Chronicles, Legends, the comics, everything. And he had done it. He looked around his room, the Bionicle posters, sets, and the framed Greg Farshtey-autographed copy of the first Bionicle comic book. There was a pop. And you know what happened next. "Mission accomplished" said the figure and vanished.

Edited by ouberry
  • Upvote 2

Unity, Duty, Destiny

-Toa Ouberry

Chapter 1, Part 5

Luke was very confused. He was in his room, saw a bright flash, darkness, a sense of extreme speed, said sense stopping, another bright flash with a loud pop, and then he was here. "Here" was a white room, bare except for both Bionicle logos (the Bionicle text and the thing with the curves and dots) and the three virtues painted in black on the wall. Well, that was a wierd-strange trip-journey you don't get every day, Luke thought. He started looking for a way out. About thirty seconds later, there was another pop and Colin appeared.

"Are you a good-friend or a bad-enemey?" Luke questioned.

"I hope the good-friend. And why the treespeak?" Colin said.

"Wait...you know-understand what treespeak is?" Luke asked.

"Huh...I guess we're both Bonkle fans!"

"Cool-awesome!"

By this time, about 20 seconds passed. Another 10 seconds later, Kyle popped in. "ALRIGHT, WHAT IN THE NAME OF MATA NUI IS GOING ON?!?! I WANT SOME ANSWERS AND I WANT THEM NOW!!!" he yelled.

"Calm down, calm down" replied Colin, "I arrived here 30 seconds before you did, and Luke um..."

"About-approximatley thirty seconds before you" finished Luke.

"We don't know what's going on. I'm Colin by the way, and that's Luke" Colin conluded.

"I still don't trust you. But are you sure the intervals were less than a minute?" Kyle questioned.

"Yes" Luke and Colin said together.

"Hmmm" Kyle began counting. When he reached 10, Katy popped in, and Kyle started counting again. However, he only reached 5 before Ethan came.

"Katy? I thought you were smashed." Ethan said.

Kyle started the count again anyway.

"Appearently not" replied Katy.

"Hey, look at-see the lovebirds!" Luke called.

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS?!?! WE'RE NOT IN LOVE!!" Katy screamed.

"Calm down, Katy!" Ethan said.

"Luke, same to you" Colin added.

Kyle frowned. The treespeak, no love, Bionicle-themed room... hold up, thirty! There was a pop, and Alex came in.

"LERAN TO FLY, REACH THE SKY, TEAM UP FOR BAttle we fly..." Alex realized he was no longer in his room. That explains the light, he thought. "Umm...hi," he began nervously.

"Hello-hi!" said Luke happily, "I'm Luke, that's Colin, Kyle, Katy, and Ethan! And you are...?"

"I'm Alex" said Alex, still embarressed over him singing.

"I assume you're a Bionicle fan?" asked Colin.

"Hey, we are too!" said Katy.

"Yeah, me too." replied Alex.

"Does anyone know what's going on-happening?" asked Luke.

"I might" muttered Kyle.

"Well, what is it?" asked Ethan.

"If no one shows up in the next two minutes..." Kyle trailed off and continued counting. They were already at 30.

Everyone else tried to find a way out.

"Since no one has showed up in the past two minutes, it is safe to assume no one will" Kyle began, "and there are six of us, stuff with Bionicle...does anyone have a special connection with an element?"

"Me!" Luke yelled.

"Hmm" and Kyle paused, "Luke I know you hate swimming"

"How do you know-oohhh" 

"I'm guessing it's either Colin or Ethan like swimming," Kyle mused.

"It's me. How do you know?" Colin wondered.

"You're one of the peace-keepers. Does Ethan like to be underground or strong?"

"I'm very strong," Ethan said.

Colin was very quickly catching on. "I'm going to guess you're ice," he said to Kyle.

"Am I? I could be..." Kyle never really thought about his element. But it would make sense. "And that leaves two more left. Whoever is the best leader would be fire and whoever is faster and/or more quick-witted would be stone."

After knowing Katy for a while and seeing Alex as the one who tried to organize a way to get out the most, Ethan knew which matched with wich.

"Katy is stone and Alex is fire," Ethan said with certainty.

"You really think so?" Alex asked.

"Ugh. Please don't tell me you're like Vakama," said Katy.

"What do you mean?"

"Self-doubting, unsure, that type of thing."

"I sure hope not."

Suddenly there was a whine like an itercom being turned on.

"Hello," said a voice five of the people recognized, "I do hope I haven't scared you much. Like a said, I do love being dramatic."

"You," growled Kyle.

It was the voice of their capturer.

• Upvote 3

Unity, Duty, Destiny

-Toa Ouberry

• 2 weeks later...

Figured it was about time to update the story.

If you know me on the Message Boards, you'll know that I'm really bad at updating this.

Chapter 1, Part 6

"Show yourself! Or are you too afraid?" yelled Alex to the voice. Where was it coming from anyway.

"I am not afraid of you, but afraid for you. If I showed you who I was right now, you would probably have a heart attack"

"But we already saw you! What's there to be afraid of?" questioned Colin.

"That was my form on Earth. Here, I am...different."

"What's that supposed to mean?" asked Katy.

Kyle suddenly realized where the voice was coming from and silently pointed to the Bionicle symbol on the wall. He noticed the larger circle appeareaed to be a speaker. The others were probably a microphone, and maybe a camera.

One mystery down, a billion more to go, thought Alex.

"I see you found the speaker," said the voice. There was a camera, thought Kyle. The voice continued, "but that is the least of your problems. Let's start over, shall we. I don't believe I've introduced myself. My name is Gorlak. And you are destined to be the next Toa team."

• Upvote 1

Unity, Duty, Destiny

-Toa Ouberry