Pohatu Meets Onua 2015

Ontocron

Haha, it looks more like Onua's trapped in quicksand than digging his way up.  :P

Still, that is very well done.  I like how you staged the characters, and the background is fitting too.  And while it's a bit different, it does do a good job at capturing the same look of the original image.  Way to go!

:music:

Well this takes me back. It really feels like the '01 promotional image, so cheers for being able to capture that so well. There's a feeling of dynamism to it; as if something is happening and it isn't just posed: which is also good. I do agree with xccj though, in that Onua does seem like he's sinking. A small touch like him trying to block the sun with one hand could potentially fix that.

Edited by Ta-metru_defender

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Some more excellent work from you; thanks for posting this! I'm not sure if I get the same feeling that others have had regarding Onua sinking rather than rising from the ground, but I suppose I can see how it could look like that. It might be an effect of the pose; it might be the bits of sand about his right arm. Well, in any case, your poses are dynamic, the lighting is on point, and the scenery fantastic. Good job recreating this shot!